• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

So the Game of Thrones RTS - in a word: complex.

Played the tutorial and about 3 missions of the campaign and there is a lot to take in - envoys, spies, assassins, turncoats and bastards.

Game looks dated, even with everything maxed out it still looks pretty bad. Animations are average to say the least. My other small gripe is that in the first couple of missions the objectives did not seem really clear, considering it is the start of the game and you are still learning the ropes.

Having said that, the game seems interesting. A good sign was that I actually got back up out of bed last night and powered up my PC again to play another mission. I really don't think combat is going to be much of a focus, the game is more slow paced and strategic. It might be worth checking out if you are a fan of GRRM - the game starts hundreds of years before the books, for example the first mission is Nymeria landing on Dorne and having to go around and create alliances with the locals.

I'm not going to highly recommend the game, I will want to spend a few more hours learning it, but it has the potential to be a bit of a unpolished gem. Also, with a 25% off voucher today it can be had for around US$30 on Green Man Gaming for those interested.

Gazunta

Choc when is Syndicate due to hit? I should time a Old Video Game Joke comic for that week.

Fridays. Busiest day of the week. Must...turn...off....AusGAF....

I'll probably post here again in like ten minutes

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Gaz, I think the trailer said feb next year, the 12th maybe or that was the year!

I Had a 30 second shot of bf3 and I don't mind the battlelog system although it could be better. I'm thinking in terms of browser addons / extensions where it just sits there letting you know how many people are online and playing. Then you can simply click it and say join friends or pick the server browser, profile etc. Saves you having to keep logging In.

It actually loaded at a decent speed and having to not flick through who made this game intros was nice.

Will be my weekend game along with binding of isaac. I also have another driving lesson tomorrow, hope it doesnt rain, could be some unwanted deaths.

elfinke

Abbott, master troll...

Asked about the Prime Minister turning 50 yesterday, the Opposition Leader wished her a happy birthday before adding: ''I'm not sure how many more she's going to have in The Lodge but I certainly wish her happy birthday for today.''

Classy. Can't wait for a person with this exquisite personality and caliber of wit and whim to be our leader!

Omikron

I really do need to look into getting my german passport sorted so I can piss off the the EU potentially when Abbott gains control. :p

Omikron

We have had a big client in our office this week, this morning he is reviewing a big chunk of work I have produced that is in a very late 'beta' form. He better not fucking hate it. :p

Omi said:
I really do need to look into getting my german passport sorted so I can piss off the the EU potentially when Abbott gains control. :p
I'd do the same, except with a British passport... But that would mean I'd have to go to Britain, so I'm not sure which is worse. ;)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The red cross called and thanked me and was glad to have me on the humanitarian something or other.

also the girls name was Amy who signed me up!

Yagharek

Last night I got up to a major event in A Storm of Swords. I suspect its not the spoiler from yesterdays discussion.

Holy shit though.

This series just continues to move along on shifting grounds.

I'm going to stop trying to guess what happens later on.

Shaneus

Cohsae said:
The Psychonauts patch has graphical updates!? Any more details on this?
None that I can say first hand, but it sounds like a few things like texture filters, AA and that sort of stuff have been added. I don't think it will be a vast improvement but I think it will be more in line with HD remakes than just playing an old game on a new computer (other than new textures... pretty sure they're not changing).

Kritz

Banned
So Minecraft Beta 1.9 Pre-release Version 2 released today.

There are a lot of awesome things in it. At that,

TKGD4.png

ITEM REPAIRS :O

xenos get this shit running

jambo

Kritz said:
So Minecraft Beta 1.9 Pre-release Version 2 released today.

There are a lot of awesome things in it. At that,

TKGD4.png

ITEM REPAIRS :O

xenos get this shit running

Hoe-ly shit

get it...

=D

Choc

Banned
Gazunta said:
Choc when is Syndicate due to hit? I should time a Old Video Game Joke comic for that week.

Fridays. Busiest day of the week. Must...turn...off....AusGAF....

I'll probably post here again in like ten minutes

February

Choc

Banned
in somewhat of a surprise

SAINTS ROW THE THIRD Computer Games (Multi Platform)

ClassificationMA 15+
Consumer AdviceStrong sexual and crime themes, violence and coarse language, Gaming experience may change online

Gazunta

Thanks Choc. Expect a Syndicate comic in a few months then :)

What the hell, Happy Feet Two is just G? I guess they took out my KILL THEM ALL AND LET GOD DECIDE level

VOOK said:
Deleting idiots off Facebook, feels good man.

Would be quicker and more efficient if u just deleted your account then VOOK
Saves u ticking all the boxes.
:D

I should just delete mine as well, kinda sick of it

Choc

Banned
i'm revelling in this internet at the moment around syndicate

when leaked, oh man the internet is exploding fuck ea etc

journo's start writing they like it including giantbomb

'oh its not so bad'

GOOD JOB GAF :p

jambo

Not sure if updating the server is a good idea, looks like there are some bugs with snow fall, like snow erasing some blocks.

Kritz

Banned
jambo said:
Not sure if updating the server is a good idea, looks like there are some bugs with snow fall, like snow erasing some blocks.

If you're noticing that the screencap is different to the server, it's because it's the world I made that we started on.

I haven't really caught up on all the new 1.9.2 things.

jambo

I know that's not our server, there's no glow stone paths. I was just saying it might be a good idea to read up on snow bugs first, seeing as we have a snow biome for a home.

Jintor

GB does have a shooter affinity, though, choc

there's nothing quite like hearing the magazine staff next to you talk about their social media users

jambo

3 years to the day since I joined Twitter.

We've come a long way baby.

EDIT: Also Kritz do you have a copy of that world handy? I wanna try some animal breeding and play with the snow golem glitches at lunch.

Shaneus

Choc said:
in somewhat of a surprise

SAINTS ROW THE THIRD Computer Games (Multi Platform)

ClassificationMA 15+
Consumer AdviceStrong sexual and crime themes, violence and coarse language, Gaming experience may change online
Not modified?

elfinke

Jintor said:
Great pokie reform-related article on The Drum.

A compelling read indeed.

The essence of their [Clubs Australia] argument is that it doesn't matter what you do, problem gamblers will always find a way to gamble... so do nothing. Let them spend their money and develop their addictions, and only then will we step in with counselling and exclusion programs, and pick up the pieces.

Top Bottom