• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AV Receiver Questions - I want to upgrade!!!

EDIT : PLEASE CLOSE THREAD. FOUND MORE RECENT THREAD IN GAMING

Hello,

So, I want to purchase a new receiver. I'm looking for something that is under $500. Right now, my eye is caught on the Denon AVR-S710W. Amazon Link

I'm not really knowledgable about the codecs, hardware must-haves and etc, but I do know it's a great upgrade from my current Onkyo TX-SR575.(lol) I've seen people float a AVS forum around, but i don't have that much time to dig through those pages, and to be honest I get a little lost with the technical stuff they talk about.

I kind of need the details broken down, like if you were selling me something in-store. But with 110% honesty :p. Please?

Questions:

1. Is the Denon the best Bang for the Buck?
  2. Will the Denon receive audio via HDMI or just pass through the signal to the TV and require the TV to send the Audio signal back to the receiver?
  3. Any other brand suggestions?
  4. Is Dobly Atmos really awesome? Because it sounds like it's a game changer.
  5. Anything else I should know about receivers?

I also searched for a thread like this and the latest one I seen was back in 2013, so forgive me if this topic comes up too often. :)

Top Bottom