• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

awww, what the hell? Best Buy PRPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddyC

A few days ago, the keyboard on my desktop system starts acting funny, then stops working altogether. I try it on a few different systems - laptop, family computer - sure enough, it's dead. I remember the Best Buy Product Replacement Plan I got with it earlier this year, so I figure I'll just swap it out today.

Right before I leave, I glance at the warranty. "Do not return product to the store." Wha? So I call this automated number and set up my return. I guess I have to mail my keyboard in, wait for everything to be processed, and then I'll be sent a gift card that covers the original price of it?

Yea, that's cool and all, but I need a new keyboard now, now in two weeks. Argh.

teiresias

Screw that, I'd have gone to the store regardless and demanded another one. You make enough of a scene and they'll give it to you anyway.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Read the fine print, and never take what the sales rep tells you as the whole story, or even necessarily true in part. If they're a regular employee they're spewing pre-programmed BS (or too uncaring/unsupervised to do so, in which care you're lucky), and if they're a manager/senior/supervisor they're outright lying to you in order to boost their numbers and prevent being on Death Row.

Be wary when you get anything besides the vanilla product at Best Buy, especially at an employee's offer.

aoi tsuki

They're usually pretty quick with PRP processing. i had a ridiculously-low priced cordless phone and a MD that went dead a few months after purchase. After calling the 1-800 number, i got a mailer a couple of days later, shipped them out the same day, and got a refurb for the phone, and a gift certificate for more than what i paid for the MD, in about three days.

BuddyC

psycho_snake said:
what are you typing with now?
Laptop. All of the stuff I wanted to work on (games, mix CD) are on the desktop.
EviLore said:
Read the fine print, and never take what the sales rep tells you as the whole story, or even necessarily true in part. If they're a regular employee they're spewing pre-programmed BS (or too uncaring/unsupervised to do so, in which care you're lucky), and if they're a manager/senior/supervisor they're outright lying to you in order to boost their numbers and prevent being on Death Row.

Be wary when you get anything besides the vanilla product at Best Buy, especially at an employee's offer.
It's rare that I snag a warranty, but in this case it seemed like a good idea - hell, it was. $9 for a new $40 keyboard isn't bad, it's just that I have to wait. I'm better off buying a new one and returning the old one in the box.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
teiresias said:
Screw that, I'd have gone to the store regardless and demanded another one. You make enough of a scene and they'll give it to you anyway.
true, my mum screams her ass off and hey presto, problem sorted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom