• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAFTA Children's Award | Game in 2015

As a separate event to the British Academy Film Awards, British Academy Television Awards, British Academy Television Craft Awards and the British Academy Games Awards is the British Academy Children's Awards which is kind of all on them rolled into one and some other stuff focusing on media for Children.

This year is the 20th time these awards have taken place and it took place on the 22nd November (slowpoke.jpg)
http://www.bafta.org/press/press-releases/british-academy-childrens-awards-winners-announced-0

I'm just going to focus on the gaming side of things and there two gaming categories. The first was a public vote; Children's | BAFTA Kids' Vote - Game in 2015. Winner (in bold) and nominees were as follows:
Minecraft
Bin Weevils
Crossy Road
Disney Infinity 2.0
FIFA 15
Just Dance 2015
Skylanders Trap Team
World of Warriors
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
Children aged 7-14 casted votes from the 19th October through to the 22nd November. Over 200,000 votes were cast for the 2014 award. Minecraft first appeared in 2013 (losing to Despicable Me: Minion Rush...don't worry Kids still love those Servbots Minions as they won the feature film vote this year) and previously won in 2014. Likewise we see many dynasties/brands in the nominations like Sylanders, LEGO, Just Dance and Fifa.

The other was a competitive vote; Children's | Game in 2015. Winner (in bold) and nominees (each is suppoed to followed by developer) were as follows:
Splatoon Development Team
Adventure Time Game Wizard Development Team
Minecraft Console Edition Development Team
Yoshi's Woolly World Development Team
Development Team seem to have a monopoly on Kids games
There were 8 jurors behind this vote. Details can be found in the brochure*. Interesting how the list was fairly different to the public vote. This category goes back to 2013 and Minecraft has never won. Nintendo has featured heavily every time.

*-In case anyone wondered Development Team seems to be some sort of data importing error as the brochure states the developer and publisher.

There are also some pics showing the winners at the podium and in the press room with Dick & Dom.

Nintendo UK tweeted this pic of their trophy in question.
CUhKyPxWIAE6Q2Q.jpg:orig

Finally, going by past years there might be some footage of the award announcement and the press room questions uploaded in the next few days.

I'm a kid now
, I'm a squid now
if old.

Top Bottom