• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur's Gate 3 Mod Support will be the final free update patch

Draugoth

Gold Member
astarion-baldurs-gate-3.jpg

Speaking at BAFTA's An Evening with Baldur's Gate 3 after the game received multiple wins at this year's awards, Vincke discussed development of the game and Larian's long term support.

"One of the big things for us, and the one that we're really working towards now, is the ability for players to mod [Baldur's Gate 3] themselves, because then they will be able to make their own things," said Vincke. "And I think that will be the point where we're going to say 'ok, now it's yours fully'."

Source

Pakoe

One of the few games i bought full price on release without regrets. Gonna have a 2nd play once the modding scene kicks off

Any ending cutscenes?

I finished recently, was expecting something pre rendered and well made like DOS2.

Instead they have in engine cutscenes for final ending.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I had played the definitive editions of their previous games. They would release them after improving many of the criticized aspects of the main game. Because of the criticisms regarding Act 3 and the game being very long, I've been postponing playing it for a while. If a definitive edition isn't coming, and if major improvements will be made with this patch, I guess the time to start this gem is approaching.

Any ending cutscenes?

I finished recently, was expecting something pre rendered and well made like DOS2.

Instead they have in engine cutscenes for final ending.

I was also super disappointed with the ending, and I didn't even make it there until AFTER they updated it. Can't imagine how lackluster it was at first.

I guess it's more "the journey" than the destination but I'm hoping mods add more, especially for waifus/husbandos

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
With the mod support, does that mean players can make their own levels, stories etc using all the assets in game?? Christ I imagine that'll make this game basically endless with the amount of talented people out there, will they allow this on PS5

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
With the mod support, does that mean players can make their own levels, stories etc using all the assets in game?? Christ I imagine that'll make this game basically endless with the amount of talented people out there, will they allow this on PS5
it's said you can make new weapons, armor, subclasses, spells, dice skins. i think new hair styles too but there are already hair mods.

i want modders to be able to create new stories/scenarios but i don't know if they'll go that far.

it'll come to PC first then mac/consoles.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
it's said you can make new weapons, armor, subclasses, spells, dice skins. i think new hair styles too but there are already hair mods.

i want modders to be able to create new stories/scenarios but i don't know if they'll go that far.
Thats what I was thinking, are they allowing full access to their engine so players can basically create their own DnD games? I.e. you can make your own towns, dungeons etc

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Thats what I was thinking, are they allowing full access to their engine so players can basically create their own DnD games? I.e. you can make your own towns, dungeons etc
i don't know if they are going that far but it'd be amazing.

i'm confused because in a post it says "we’ve got a lot of work to do to bring you our first iteration of modding tools" but then it's meant to be their last big patch. so i don't know what's happening

GinSama

Anyone try to order their deluxe edition on their website? I thought the physical game came already, why it says pre order??

What happened to crossplay? They spoke about this before launch and I'm wondering whether they've scrapped it. I'm so sick of playing this coop with a controller...

Quezacolt

Anyone try to order their deluxe edition on their website? I thought the physical game came already, why it says pre order??
Because they produce batches for the amount of people that order. They never put the game on others stores besides their own. They send 1 batch, then open pre-orders to another, and this goes on.

GinSama

Because they produce batches for the amount of people that order. They never put the game on others stores besides their own. They send 1 batch, then open pre-orders to another, and this goes on.

Ahh ok it makes sense, thank you for the help 👍

Whatever happened to mod support for console games? Skyrim and Fallout IV had pretty abysmal versions of it, but at least it was something.
I think the Stalker rereleases are supposed to have it, but it wasn’t there at launch.

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
To me it is clear that Hasbro dropped the ball and Larian was fed up.

Very sad ending tbh, I've longed for Expanded Edition akin of Divinity OS2. The ending is indeed abrupt and even unfinished for some characters, like Karlach.

finally, it's almost time to play/buy. now if they lower the damn price

I bought the physical edition from larian and it's been sitting on my shelf.

Wife and I have been building a house, trying to get ours ready to sell so I hadn't played it because I want to be able to relax and take my time. This time next month all of that will be done and settled in so that will be the first one I fire up.

I can't decide if I want to play it and do everything right, or I want to do everything wrong. I know nothing about it really so not sure how I want the first playthrough to be. Be the good guy, or be as messed up as it will let me be.

I bought the physical edition from larian and it's been sitting on my shelf.

Wife and I have been building a house, trying to get ours ready to sell so I hadn't played it because I want to be able to relax and take my time. This time next month all of that will be done and settled in so that will be the first one I fire up.

I can't decide if I want to play it and do everything right, or I want to do everything wrong. I know nothing about it really so not sure how I want the first playthrough to be. Be the good guy, or be as messed up as it will let me be.
Don't open it and play it digitally!

geary

To me it is clear that Hasbro dropped the ball and Larian was fed up.

Very sad ending tbh, I've longed for Expanded Edition akin of Divinity OS2. The ending is indeed abrupt and even unfinished for some characters, like Karlach.
When did you finished the game? They reworked and add aone endings for all characters since launch. In this patch they add the ultimate evil ending.

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
When did you finished the game? They reworked and add aone endings for all characters since launch. In this patch they add the ultimate evil ending.
Not long ago. Karlach, for example, had a logical happy ending, you can find quite a lot of cut content in the game files.

nowhat

In this patch they add the ultimate evil ending.
I really liked BG3, did multiple playthroughs with different characters, including "The Dark Urge" origin story. Decided I'd give it a rest for a year or two, not to burn myself out with the game. It's something I'll surely return to at some point.

...but this has me intrigued. If with "The Dark Urge" the player accepts his place as the heir of Bhaal, and doesn't choose to become a mind flayer, there are three ways the game can end, and none of them good. The obviously most evil option is evil enough as is IMHO, so I'm curious what they've come up with. Maybe I'll do another run when I have some time off work.

geary

Didnt played a Dark Urge or evil run, because i dont like having characters leaving the party. No matter what decision you take in game, the characters ahould not leave. Made them hate you, reduce their power, but do not remove them from your playthrough.

Top Bottom