• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur's Gate 3 Modders release Level Editor Toolkit, now allowing custom campaigns

Draugoth

Gold Member
Baldurs-Gate-3-characters-changed-to-look-like-Handsome-Squidward.jpg

Seems Larian left Custom Campaign and Level Editors, Baldur's Gate 3 Modder Siegfrehas released a tool that unlocks the Level Editor in the BG3 toolkit.

This mod unlocks all the disabled features and enables write permissions for the BG3 Toolkit. Including level editing, save editing, and more.

Requirements
  • BG3 and a working installation of BG3 Mod Toolkit (Glasses - v4.1.1.5854927)
Installation/Run:
  • Backup your "EditorFramework.dll" in "SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Baldurs Gate 3 Toolkit".
  • Download "EditorFramework.dll".
  • Move the new "EditorFramework.dll" in to "SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Baldurs Gate 3 Toolkit".
  • Start the toolkit.
  • If successful you should see (Dev) at the top of the toolkit window.

Neo Member
Doubt this will be allowed for long, but dear god I hope it does. The mod potential for this game is through the roof, not to mention the amount of source material we have with dnd.

Pimpollo818

Baldurs-Gate-3-characters-changed-to-look-like-Handsome-Squidward.jpg

Seems Larian left Custom Campaign and Level Editors, Baldur's Gate 3 Modder Siegfrehas released a tool that unlocks the Level Editor in the BG3 toolkit.
Sorry, a mod noob here, I only use and never on the making side of mods. How do we know this wasn't deliberate?

Zathalus

Reading between the lines it’s pretty clear that the reason we are not getting DLC or Baldurs Gate 4 from Larian is because Hasbro are a bunch of dicks.

Retrofluxed

You misunderstand. I'm asking why is this such a surprise? I thought it was promised as being part of the long-awaited Mod Patch. What makes this such a big deal to deserve its own thread/attention?

Because it actually wasn't supposed to be accessible.

"In the lead up to the release of BG3's modding tools, Larian was clear that they would give users extensive freedom, but some things were off the table. "We are a game development company, we're not a tools company," Larian CEO Swen Vincke told me at this year's GDC, explaining that the company did not have the bandwidth to officially support all of its development tools being in the hands of end users, and pointing to the lack of adoption of Divinity: Original Sin 2's level editor."

Likou

Banned
Reading between the lines it’s pretty clear that the reason we are not getting DLC or Baldurs Gate 4 from Larian is because Hasbro are a bunch of dicks.
I mean, everything surrounding Hasbro has been pretty shitty in the last years, not only directly with them, but other companies that they own like Wizards of the coast. They have been fucking with their public a lot for quite some time because they are desperate for a increase in sales and are getting the exact opposite of that. I feel sorry for the people that'll develop Baldur's Gate 4 and it will even worse for the ones that will play it, since there'll be so many microtransactions and shit to appease to investors.

Last edited:

Pimpollo818

Because it actually wasn't supposed to be accessible.

"In the lead up to the release of BG3's modding tools, Larian was clear that they would give users extensive freedom, but some things were off the table. "We are a game development company, we're not a tools company," Larian CEO Swen Vincke told me at this year's GDC, explaining that the company did not have the bandwidth to officially support all of its development tools being in the hands of end users, and pointing to the lack of adoption of Divinity: Original Sin 2's level editor."
Thank you queen

Top Bottom