• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ballistic Moon Faces Layoffs Ahead of Until Dawn Remake Release in October

Draugoth

Gold Member

Ballistic Moon, the developers of Until Dawn Remake, have laid off an undisclosed number of developers before the game’s launch on October 4th, 2024.

Stuart Campbell, a Game Programmer at Ballistic Moon, said, “Hi everyone, Unfortunately, my current role at Ballistic Moon is being made redundant, so I’m looking for new opportunities. If you have any roles you think I might be suited for, please get in touch.”

Cassy Cornish, a Junior Game Designer at the studio said, “Like many others in this wonderful but turbulent industry, I am sadly being made redundant from my role as a Junior Game Designer at Ballistic Moon. The team have been wonderful and I’m so excited for our game to release in October!”

Last edited:

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
Not promising for the release of the game nor is it promising for the future of the studio.

My guess is they had hoped Sony would buy them and they'd be able to build out as if they were Supermassive.

Either that or if they're working on another project the standards have been raised and that project isn't meeting expectations. That's also a possibility given the scrutiny around Concord.

So much of this studio's future relies on not only this being a very competent remake, but the movie giving it some legs. At best I'd say things are being put on pause for them.

Top Bottom