• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Banjo Pilot delays!

Shiggy

Banjo Pilot delays?

According to the German THQ website the Rare project Banjo Pilot won't be released this year. The new date is the 28th January 2005.

Yesterday the Tepid Seat on Rareware.com said, that the game will come out this year, but THQ says the opposite of that.

We will see, which source is right.

http://gba.n64europe.com/index.php?id=2625

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I love how NO ONE is complaining about Conker being a remake, but I heard LOTS of complaints about REmake on GC when waiting for it.

NWO

GaimeGuy said:
I love how NO ONE is complaining about Conker being a remake, but I heard LOTS of complaints about REmake on GC when waiting for it.

That's because the Xbox doesn't have many games on par with Conker.

BuddyC

GaimeGuy said:
but teh online multiplayer!!1!!!!!!!!111111111111!

MaddenNFL64 said:
Well to be fair, they had to completley change sprites. Though, they have been pretty lazy with it.

To be more fair, they did more than changing sprites - the original, circa-E3 2001 version, which used a Mode 7-type engine, was completely scrapped and replaced with a true 3D engine.

GaimeGuy said:

Probally cause no one cares. Besides people were complaining about ANOTHER RE1 remake. There's a differnece between 2 conkers and 5 RE1s.

Redbeard

Banned
GaimeGuy said:

Because there's more to the game than just an upgraded single-player.

Banjo Pilot? Wasn't that cancelled like, 4 years ago when Rare left Nintendo? It's still in production? If so, what in god's green earth is taking them so long, lol!

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Most of Rare's GBA games were largely finished before they were sold to Microsoft. This has been said countless times. THQ is taking their sweet time releasing the games, and Rare's GBA team consists of only 10 people. Plus, Banjo Pilot obviously had to receive some graphical changes considering it couldn't use the DK license any longer. Furthermore, I'm sure that team at Rare was busy porting the two DKC games for Nintendo, rather than finalizing the little bits of their own titles for THQ.

Anyone that actually thinks Rare has been actively plugging away at this game for the last 3 years is just looking for excuses to bash Rare.

Top Bottom