• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

banned from xbox live...

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
do i need to call the 800 number and now cancel my account, or do they do that?

fucking hell, now i need to save up for another xbox for november 9th

op_ivy said:
do i need to call the 800 number and now cancel my account, or do they do that?

fucking hell, now i need to save up for another xbox for november 9th

How the hell you manage that?!? @_o

Joe

haha i got banned from xbox live right after it launched. hey at least you got a reason to buy a crystal xbox (if it really does come out).

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Got a modded Xbox? I think you can buy an unbanned EEPROM from xbox-scene.org forums or something and get your Xbox unbanned.

How did you get it banned anyway? I thought having a modification was the only way to get banned

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Uh oh, what did you do? Give me your old Xbox. :p

op_ivy

Wario64 said:
Got a modded Xbox? I think you can buy an unbanned EEPROM from xbox-scene.org forums or something and get your Xbox unbanned.

How did you get it banned anyway? I thought having a modification was the only way to get banned

yeah, its modded. i rarely play live anymore, and maybe a week ago i fired up counter strike to play some on the net. after sitting there for 15 seconds or so at the "connecting to xbox live" screen, i realized that the blue light was on (signaling my mod was activated). i freaked out, jumped up, and turned off the power. i then switched it to "off", rebooted and played on live for about an hour or so... so i wasnt too worried.

last night i went to play rsc2. this is the first time since the CS day that i have tried live, and it said i was unable to connect. after running the troubleshoot mode, everything was smooth but the last checkpoint which said something to the extent that i had been banned, probably due to my system being modified (duh).

i know its possible to flash the eeprom to fix it, but i've had some serious problems messing with my modded xbox in the past when i've tried to do anything, or when the guy who installed it did... so, i'll try to see if he'll do that for me, but i'm ok with getting a new xbox if i need to. yeah, hopefully crystal. but green would work too. the green halo units are still available, no?

op_ivy

aerofx said:
Too much cheating. :p ahah :D

shit, i better get a new box in time for sc3 to own you fags again :p

on to topic though, do i need to call the 800 number and cancel?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
your xbox has been banned, not your live account. If you get another xbox, you can transfer your live account to that, so no need to cancel your live.

Just get another xbox for live, and use the modded one for modded stuff..

Nester

I was banned once on accident as well. Cost me $10.00 on xbox-scene forums to get a new eeprom which took less then 10 minutes to get after I used paypal to get it sent to me. Came with very detailed instructions and was very easy to do. Save yourself the cash.

aerofx

op_ivy said:
shit, i better get a new box in time for sc3 to own you fags again :p

on to topic though, do i need to call the 800 number and cancel?

hahaha... don't cancel anything you fool. Go to Xboxscene and buy another EEPROM, it costs like 3-5 dollars. Transfer the new EEPROM to your Xbox and use config magic final to reflash it.

op_ivy

aerofx said:
hahaha... don't cancel anything you fool. Go to Xboxscene and buy another EEPROM, it costs like 3-5 dollars. Transfer the new EEPROM to your Xbox and use config magic final to reflash it.

i'm scared badge (obscure colors reference)

op_ivy

i hate trying to find shit at xbox-scene... can anyone find me a decent tutorial or faq for what i need to do to install and flash the eeprom?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Hehe, I redeemed my free 12 month subscription a few weeks ago and only plan to use it for Halo 2. Maybe Splinter Cell 3 if the multiplayer is really that good.

ivy, try this: http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/configmagic.php

If you are banned from Xbox Live, you will need an unbanned EEPROM since Microsoft bans your EEPROM if you access Xbox Live with your modchip on. Getting a new, unbanned Xbox can be achieved by getting it from a friend's Xbox, or seeing if a website is selling them.

GETTING THE EEPROM FILE
1. In EvolutionX, do the "Backup" command in the Utilities menu. It will generate files about your Xbox specs.
2. FTP in your Xbox, or use a file manager tool, and in C:\Backup, you will find a file called EEPROM.BIN
3. FTP that to your PC HD or remember its location for future reference.

SETTING UP THE FILE FOR CONFIGMAGIC
1. Once you have Configmagic loaded onto your HD or on your PC, there will be a directory in it called DATA.
2. Move the EEPROM.BIN file, that EvolutionX generated, into that DATA directory, overwriting the EEPROM.BIN file that is already there.
3. If you are making a Configmagic CD, you can now make the ISO of it and burn it. Xbox HD users, don't worry.

RUNNING CONFIGMAGIC
1. Load up Configmagic.
2. A warning screen will be shown, press "A" to bypass it.
3. When Configmagic finally loads, it will show your current EEPROM on your Xbox. Make a note of the DVD KIT ZONE and VIDEO AND XBE REGION information.

"NTSC, Region 1" for US Xbox gamers
"PAL, Region 4" for UK Xbox gamers

4. Select "LOAD XBOX EEPROM" in the menu.
5. Select "UNLOCK HD" in the menu.
6. Load the EEPROM.BIN file in the DATA directory by choosing "LOAD EEPROM FROM .BIN FILE"
7. If you see that the VIDEO AND XBE REGION information is different, you MUST change it. Go into the menu and choose "ON-THE-FLY EDIT EEPROM". Change the VIDEO AND XBE REGION number to the proper information of your former EEPROM.
8. Now, select "UPDATE XBOX EEPROM" in the menu.
9. Your Xbox's EEPROM will now be updated with the file in the DATA directory.
10. In the menu, select "LOAD XBOX EEPROM". You will notice your EEPROM is now different! Success
11. Select "LOCK HD" from the menu.
12. Select "EXIT CONFIGMAGIC" in the menu.

IMPORTANT TIPS
- If you were using the XBOX DVD KIT to play DVDs, and the Xbox gives an error about region, load up Configmagic and change the DVD KIT ZONE number to the number of your previous EEPROM. UNLOCK the HD, choose "ON-THE-FLY EDIT EEPROM" in the menu and simply change the DVD KIT ZONE number. Then, UPDATE XBOX EEPROM and LOCK HD. Exit Configmagic.
- You can view any Xbox EEPROM using your PC by getting Liveinfo PC program. It will show all the details of an EEPROM.BIN file. You might find it easier to edit any possible changes to your DVD KIT ZONE or VIDEO AND XBE REGION using the program, rather ON-THE-FLY EDIT EEPROM in Configmagic.
- Sometimes, with a PAL EEPROM, your Xbox's time might be wrong or video settings will be different. Go into the MS dash and change the settings to the way you seem fit.

Tutorial written by : Shanafan

op_ivy

that does sound remarkably easy. just place the eeprom.bin file into the data folder of config magic (overwriting the banned one) and follow the config magic instructions?

Stryder

op_ivy said:
that does sound remarkably easy. just place the eeprom.bin file into the data folder of config magic (overwriting the banned one) and follow the config magic instructions?

Just make sure, that if your xbox is a 1.0 then you have to use an EEPROM from a 1.0 xbox, 1.1-1.6 are all interchangable.

I made the mistake of flashing a 1.1-1.6 eeprom to my 1.0 xbox when I got banned, boy oh boy that was a headache to resolve, I lost a 80gig hdd in the process as well :(

Warhammer 40k said:
SERVED with a side of pwnage!
sorry to go off topic, but why is there like this exclusive club of people who think its funny to quote an admin when he bans someone and include a stupid one-liner with it? its not funny, its annoying.. everyone hates an ass-kisser.

Lil' Dice

Banned
Haddonfield said:
sorry to go off topic, but why is there like this exclusive club of people who think its funny to quote an admin when he bans someone and include a stupid one-liner with it? its not funny, its annoying.. everyone hates an ass-kisser.

It's called a peanut gallery.
In the streets they're called cheerleaders.

That sucks though, and although i don't support piracy i always though op-ovy was a pretty cool poster.

Socreges

Banned
bishoptl said:
Banned from Live AND the forums? Oh the irony.
As I come back from a two week vacation, care of Dragona, a fellow pirate bites the dust. The universe works in mysterious ways.

op_ivy, savour these moments.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Haddonfield said:

Haddonfield you make an excellent point and I couldn't agree more.

However this......

bishoptl said:
Banned from Live AND the forums? Oh the irony.

....was comedy gold. :lol

isamu said:
Haddonfield you make an excellent point and I couldn't agree more.

However this......

....was comedy gold. :lol

oh, I wasnt saying it was actually comedically clever, which I thought it was... it was also clever in that it was such a "dick" thing to say and knowing that op_ivy oculdnt respond..

but i just see it EVERY time someone gets banned, and its just such obvious ass kissing, though in re-reading this one, it might have just been wanting to be funny and a dick and not actually ass kissing. but generally speaking, it seems like ass kissing with someone going "oh man, that was so funny ADMIN!!" or something, ya know?

Ryck

Haddonfield said:
IAWTP it's very annoying.....

shuri

Banned
IAWTP is fckin annoying too. I'm really fucking tired of clicking on a thread and seeing that 50% of the replies are "iawpt", "yes," "no" or ":lol"

belgurdo

Banned
iawtp

yes

no

laugh.gif

:D

fhuta

Socreges

Banned
shuri said:
IAWTP is fckin annoying too. I'm really fucking tired of clicking on a thread and seeing that 50% of the replies are "iawpt", "yes," "no" or ":lol"
If only people could contribute deep, thoughtful replies, like you.

Ryck

shuri said:
touche.......although it goes with the territory just like ass kissers, lol, and smiley faces.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
shuri said:

IAWTP

M3wThr33

Banned
Yeah, I was going to say that getting unbanned is really simple, because it just blocks the Xbox ID, not your account.
Ironically, for the false positives (Don't have mods, but XBL thinks it does), they don't have a choice but to get a new Xbox. (Or mod it, ironic either way)

op_ivy

thanks for the tips guys... and bish, for breaking my cherry

Top Bottom