• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baraka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greekboy

Banned
B00005M91K.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
This is the most cinematically beautiful live-motion film ever made. Period. The best way to describe it is it's like National Geographic made a two-hour music video with a Philip Glass-like score.

demon

Cyan said:
Interest in movie -1000
Uhh....well whatever you want to call it. But the music is absolutely perfectly fitting for the film.

demon

I first saw it at 1:00 in the morning on the Sundance channel back home a summer or two ago, when I was feeling kinda sleepy. It was such a calming, sublime, almost meditative experience....of course, it always is, but it was especially that night. When the part came where the camera is flying over that pristine arctic lake with the mountains in the background and the flock of birds flying right over the water...it was almost dreamlike. That's probably my favorite part.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Maybe a bit too new agey for my taste, but still a very strong film with really beautiful cinematography. It's the best thing ever made of it's kind, that for sure. You don't really see this kind of concept made into a film (usually it's reserved for a few minutes clips on National Geographic and other such channels) and made this good.

demon

I imagine this would make a good 'date movie' if the girl was open-minded and patient enough and into this kind of stuff. Maybe not a good first date-movie, though.

Greekboy

Banned
demon said:
I imagine this would make a good 'date movie' if the girl was open-minded and patient enough and into this kind of stuff. Maybe not a good first date-movie, though.

It does make for a great "date movie" because the film also allows for great discussion which could impress that certain special someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom