• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baseball Simulator 1000!!!

DCX

DCX
Anyone else have fun with this game? I loved the insane amount of stat tracking and editing options, i actually felt like i WAS in total control of a team, we had some awesome get togethers with this game, ranks up there with our Super Tecmo Bowl get togethers.

DCX

Speevy

Banned
Is that the one where you could make 3487307432097432043 mph fast pitches, swirly pitches, and slow balls and name your entire team?

If so, this was one of my favorites.

DCX

DCX
I know you could name your enitire team, but i don't remeber the swirly picthes and the like...hmmmm...maybe i should research this...give me a few...

DCX

suaveric

Yes, that's the game- crazy stats (for the time) and crazy moves. You didn't have to play with the crazy moves stuff though, you could just play straight up baseball if you prefered. Not only could you name the players, but they let you make entire teams and play whole seasons with them with full stat tracking. My friend and I always tried to do a complete 160 games season, but I don't think we ever got to the end of one.

It had a SNES sequel, but for some reason it didn't seem as good as the first game.

Speevy

Banned
What was funny was that you could throw a pitch a pitch so fast that it was virtually unhittable, but you could also make the batters' stats so high that every hit was like a 450 ft homerun.

DCX

DCX
olimario said:
I had this on the NES I think.
I just loved all the crazy stadiums and pitches.
Yep the NES version...the baseball version of Tecmo Bowl IMO!

DCX

DCX

DCX
Ranks up there in top retro Baseball games like Bases Loaded, RBI Baseball and Base Wars!

DCX

DCX

DCX
Mashing said:
Oh hell yeah, one of my favorite sports games of all time
Now why aren't sports game fun any more?? I mean coming off of Super Tecmo Bowl, NBA Showdown etc i always figured the new gen would feature the same fun gameplay while making the games look photorealistic...now a days, sure the games look great but man has the fun factor dropped...alot! This isn't only for sports game, but games in general....oh well, fun games=2d games=FMV games=Neo Geo

DCX

suaveric

Where are all you guys coming from? Everytime there's a "Best Game Ever" thread I always say Baseball Simulator 1.000 and all I get is blank looks.

shoplifter

they're making shitty mahjongg games, and some random hamster simulators on GBA. that's pretty much it.

they were supposed to release DC Hiryu no Ken (Flying Dragon) but it got canned. One day, I'll dig out the pics of me at Culture Brain HQ in Tokyo. Let's just say that they were fucking shocked that any Americans actually remembered them.

edit: oh and Sweet Cookie Pie

cb_logos.gif

DCX

DCX
suaveric said:
Where are all you guys coming from? Everytime there's a "Best Game Ever" thread I always say Baseball Simulator 1.000 and all I get is blank looks.
I was probably crying over Vick in the off topic forum :D

DCX

Time for some gloating.

GA's very own Thaedolus thought he was top shit at this game, so we played some netgames over ZSNES. I'd never played the game before, yet I owned him in about 15 straight. Super demoralizer! It was amazing the amount of bullshit that would go in my favor for me to come out on top. Lots of BS 1-run victories.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
This game ruled! Only game that was better than it was Baseball Stars!!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I always liked the SNES one, but not NES. Favorite NES game was Little League Baseball, but I could not possibly tell you why.

Top Bottom