• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baten Kaitos = November

NAMCO HOMETEK INC. TO BRING BATEN KAITOS TO NINTENDO GAMECUBE? THIS FALL

An Intense and Innovative RPG Takes Players on an Epic Journey

San Jose, Ca., (July 12, 2004) – Leading video games publisher and developer Namco Hometek Inc. announced today that the highly anticipated, epic role-playing adventure Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean will be available for the U.S. market in November 2004. Available exclusively for the Nintendo GameCube? entertainment system, Baten Kaitos takes players on an incredible voyage to unlock the mystery of the lost ocean.

Amidst a world in crisis, at a time where the mighty continent and the once-vast oceans are a mere legend, players take the role of a guardian spirit that advises and guides Kalas, the story’s hero, throughout his expedition. The story unfolds as Kalas meets up with an unlikely companion, Xelha, and the two embark on a quest to overcome a conspiracy for power that threatens to lead the world to its final destruction.

“The beautiful graphics, brilliant 3D character designs by Nakaba Higurashi and unique turn-based battle system sets Baten Kaitos apart from other games in the RPG genre,” said Rod Nakamoto, executive vice president of research and development at Namco Hometek Inc. “We’re looking forward to giving gamers the chance to experience the adventure first-hand when it hits the U.S. market this fall.”

Baten Kaitos features an intense and extraordinary “Magnus” card-based RPG battle and item system that allows players to capture the essence of certain objects, weapons and spells to reproduce them during combat, healing, solving puzzles and more. Additionally, the more than 1,000 types of “Magnus” cards can age through time: foods will ripen or rot and items will rust, gain or lose value with age. This fast-paced and intuitive battle system gives players a simplistic, yet in depth game play experience never before seen within the RPG genre.

Breathtaking graphics help illustrate the mystical nature of the game’s environments including a kingdom in the clouds protected by knights, a city of illusion that shifts between dimensions, a nation of rainbows protected by a magical shield and many other fantastic sub-worlds.

SantaC

SolidSnakex said:
It sold 64,422 in Japan according to Shrine of Data. It sold 47k in its first week.

Um yeah wtf? 47k first week and then it suddenly just dies...That's so weird.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
SantaCruZer said:
I will buy this game, but I heard Baten Kaitos only sold 62,000 copies in Japan.
I wouldn't be too concerned about what the Japanese do and do not buy. They buy pachinko games, for God's sake.

*believes Japan would not still be in recession if the Japanese would get rid of their eleventy billion pachinko parlors

SantaC

MetatronM said:
I wouldn't be too concerned about what the Japanese do and do not buy. They buy pachinko games, for God's sake.

*believes Japan would not still be in recession if the Japanese would get rid of their eleventy billion pachinko parlors

yup and they continue to buy millions copies of pokemon sequels ;)

I bought the first 2 pokemon games for gameboy which I enjoyed but then I got tired of them. My ex gf was crazy in them though. She adored the cartoons and even attended the movies to see those pesky things. Well maybe it's not too weird since she was half asian.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Good, I can buy even more games this year. Oh and its another time consuming rpg, YAY. I doubt I'll be done with Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga, Phantom Brave, and Paper Mario 2 by the time Baten Kaitos comes out. Then it has to be in the same month as Metal Gear Solid 3. Oh dear

Geez, 2004 is giving me flashbacks of 2001...

Mashing

Soul4ger said:
This is all the marketing Baten Kaitos will see, I reckon.

They could show all the beautiful CG work in the game as a commercial... as FF7 was first introduced at the time.

Solid

scola said:
Sweet. November was starting to look a little thin. Now I will have something to play.
Thin? What the hell are you talking about? o_O

MGS3
GT4
Killzone
Ace Combat 05
God of War
R&C3
Jak III
Halo 2
Prince of Piersa 2
RE4 (might be delayed though)
Paper Mario 2
Baten Kaitos
Metroid Prime 2

+ more!

I'd say this fall is the best one ever. So stop your complaining ;P

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
bogg said:
Anyone knows if the game supports pro. scan?

I ALSO want to know this. I was quite unhappy with the lack of prog-scan support in ToS, but this could make up for it...

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Deepthroat said:
Thin? What the hell are you talking about? o_O

[GAMES]

I'd say this fall is the best one ever. So stop your complaining ;P

I thought the implied "[/sarcasm]" would be powerful. I guess I was wrong ;p

Culex

Banned
Hmm, it would appear Namco owned Neptunez and myself regarding the release date. Not that I'm disappointed with a November release or anything :)

Scott

Semjaza Azazel said:
Almost nothing all year and now just a rush.
Hmm, year to date releases off the top of my head:

.hack//QUARANTINE: Part IV: The Final Chapter (PS2)
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (GBA)
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II (PS2, XBox)
Champions of Norrath: Realms of EverQuest (PS2)
Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel (PS2, XBox)
Final Fantasy XI: Online (PS2)
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (GC)
Front Mission IV (PS2)
Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban (GBA)
La Pucelle: Tactics (PS2)
Mario Golf: Advance Tour (GBA)
Megaman Battle Network IV: Blue Moon (GBA)
Megaman Battle Network IV: Red Sun (GBA)
Phantasy Star Online: Episode III: C.A.R.D. Revolution (GC)
Pokémon Colosseum (GC)
River City Ransom EX (GBA) (hybrid)
Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon (GBA)
Shining Soul II (GBA)
Tales of Symphonia (GC)
...and whatever PC releases there were.

Almost nothing indeed. :p

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
bogg said:
Anyone knows if the game supports pro. scan?

The japaneese version did, I would assume this version will too

Top Bottom