• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS4-

Bah loadouts don't even save. But games seem to show up in reports immediately again compared to the couple of hour delay like yesterday.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Okay mabe Obliteration is just not good period. Or not for me...

Obliteration is amazing. It's Call of Duty's "Sabotage" under a different name.

It REALLY requires teamwork. Which is an issue since most people are focusing on kills because "LOL NO TIME LIMIT" instead of getting the bomb to the plant sites.

Think of it like a sports match of Football or Futbol, either one: Get to the end-zone and win.

It's a three zone "defuse" and IIRC you play Defuse, yeah?

jaaz

After about 10 minutes into the campaign I realized that Irish is KZ's Rico. And he became more and more like Rico as the campaign went on.. They're like lost long brothers or something.

Oh and DICE, we get it, he likes saying "fuck" and its many variations.

Ziltoid

Unconfirmed Member
Did the server update screw up the netcode? I get killed by rockets that is halfway between me and the guy firing it.

BoatAck

Did the server update screw up the netcode? I get killed by rockets that is halfway between me and the guy firing it.

I don't know but Levelcap mentions that exact situation in his latest video.

The gun-play feels like a step back from BF3. Also, I seem to trade kills with enemies at least 4x more often than I did in BF3.

Seanspeed

Banned
I don't know why people are still bothering trying to play if they know they have a 50% chance of being kicked sometime in the game and losing all progress.

That sounds completely infuriating.

derFeef

Obliteration is amazing. It's Call of Duty's "Sabotage" under a different name.

It REALLY requires teamwork. Which is an issue since most people are focusing on kills because "LOL NO TIME LIMIT" instead of getting the bomb to the plant sites.

Think of it like a sports match of Football or Futbol, either one: Get to the end-zone and win.

It's a three zone "defuse" and IIRC you play Defuse, yeah?

I know I am always playing the objective, but I am just getting murdered at the spawn or when I have the bomb, as I am usually running around alone since my squad is sniping....

aravuus

Yeah I think I'm done with the game for the day, I've crashed 3 times in the past 40 minutes. It's getting absolutely ridiculous. Maybe I'll just play CoD for the rest of the month and come back when it's fixed.

RS4-

Was testing out dxtory, had ok tdm match. Doesn't use dxtory in next game of rush, has awesome moments.

GG.

Facism

every server i join is literally 50% Recunt players. It's not as if the class is bad, it has c4, motion balls etc. It's idiot tryhards trying to be "1337" snipers and camping roofs/boundaries. new battlefield same old terrible players with 0 game sense.

They need a system that actively punishes players for not PTFO. Gradual points loss or something.

legacyzero

Banned
Dudes be seeing THIS when they get ker-pwned.

ihyYQV5OJU18d.png

Spookie

every server i join is literally 50% Recunt players. It's not as if the class is bad, it has c4, motion balls etc. It's idiot tryhards trying to be "1337" snipers and camping roofs/boundaries. new battlefield same old terrible players with 0 game sense.

They need a system that actively punishes players for not PTFO. Gradual points loss or something.

If the game continues to reward players considerably more for kills than capping points that is what you will get.

GOTTA GIVE DAT POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT AND SKINNER BOX GAMEPLAY YO.

Seanspeed

Banned
played the whole of today with only 2 crashes. looks like the latest patch made the game much more stable
Looks like you haven't been reading anything people are saying here. ;)

That said, I haven't had a match freeze on me ONCE.

In my two matches

antitrop

After about 10 minutes into the campaign I realized that Irish is KZ's Rico. And he became more and more like Rico as the campaign went on.. They're like lost long brothers or something.

The military loves its excessive profanity, but it's usually used as a decoration for the rest of the sentence, to add emphasis.

Battlefield 4 is somehow perfectly fine with allowing a string of profanity to qualify as a coherent sentence and "authentic dialogue".

jaaz

If the game continues to reward players considerably more for kills than capping points that is what you will get.

Yep, I said this during Beta. It's specially bad in obliteration. You have a ton of recons just camping the known bomb spawn points the entire match. You can play the bomb, set one, defend one, defuse another one, get a fair number of kills, AND still end up well under the 21-3 recon campers in points. I have no idea why DICE continues to ignore this.

aranth

This launch is a complete mess with all the server crashes, questionable netcode and terrible client stability. I managed to persuade two friends to buy the game and I shudder to think what are they gonna say when they experience this shit.

Looks like actual Hardcore servers are starting to come online, but their settings are still messed up. Minimap is missing. You can still Friendly Fire with claymores and mines (lol). Just more stuff for DICE to patch.

I have found a few good Custom servers though, with all the normal "hardcore" settings.

=S*E= Hardcore is a good one.

Looks like actual Hardcore servers are starting to come online, but their settings are still messed up. Minimap is missing. You can still Friendly Fire with claymores and mines (lol). Just more stuff for DICE to patch.

I have found a few good Custom servers though, with all the normal "hardcore" settings.

=S*E= Hardcore is a good one.

damn, now that sounds like an awesome hardcore mode.

why should claymores and mines not FF when everything else does!?

Zavod 311 is the worst BF map I have played.

I like the terrain and look of it, but the layout is pretty crap. Although I recently discovered the tunnel between C and D, which makes the middle a little more manageable.

I also feel like almost every map needs like 25% less armored vehicles - especially those lovable attack boats.

damn, now that sounds like an awesome hardcore mode.

why should claymores and mines not FF when everything else does!?

I like hardcore for a couple very specific reasons - no regen health and no neon triangles. FF mines and claymores make the game almost unplayable. Luckily not many people are using them at the moment.

Makoto

The IGLA is too fun to troll people with. Having it reacquire the lock and hitting the vehicle after some scrub pilot flares is hilarious.

DICE better not nerf it.

Seanspeed

Banned

+350 points for Flag Neutralization

+500 points for Flag Capture

And then my personal idea:

minus 100 points if the point you just captured is neutralized within 30 seconds.

Sethos

Banned
Epic tank match, service ribbons left and right, double XP enabled and I was on track for 40k+ game - Server crash.

I ... Bu ...

Ateron

Have they reworked the guns yet? Is the AK-12 still OP in burst mode?
I recall recoil being almost inexistent in most weapons in the beta, except for the MX4 and ACR. Have they made any changes?

Thanks!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
This game has probably the worst netcode i've ever seen in a first person shooter.

Even worse than BF3.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Gah. Really enjoying the game itself and it's been fun jumping into games but man I've had so many problems with 'Disconnected from Origin' when trying to join servers, it's crashed randomly on me a few times between rounds and generally doesn't seem to be as stable as it could be. Ok it's a Battlefield game at launch but still annoying.

It also doesn't help that after finishing my single player campaign none of the progress seems to have been saved on Battlelog and the weapons I unlocked are nowhere to be found in multi. *sigh*

Reckoner

And
the humanitarian scene
near the end made me laugh. The dialogue was so cliched...

Sethos

Banned
Random GIFs because I have nothing better to do when I can't play.

2PGk4bR.gif

Oh and one thing I didn't know, you lift your weapon when crossing waist / chest high water.

me18snq.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom