• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravek

Banned
Does anyone know what control layouts I need to get the controls back to BF3 settings for PS3? I know it wont be perfect. I'm sure its been discussed already bur I don't want to gi through 110 pages to find ut.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Quick question folks. For anyone who uses teamspeak, mumble etc who do you use to rent servers from ? Few friends of mine might be looking into getting one eventually so not sure who's good/bad etc.

k4n3

Banned
i hope they can improve the netcode i doubt it will ever be great but please god do whatever it takes to make it better! the crashes are beyond annoying ive had my share of rage over losing unlocks but you know they can fix this with a patch

k4n3

Banned
ive had my fair share of rage over losing unlocks due to crashes but this is something they can and will fix with a patch, but please for the love of god say they can do something to improve the netcode

Horp

I've given up playing the MP for this game for now. I crash more than 80% of the matches I try to play, and it's not worth it tbh. I'll be back when they patch this shit.

Bravoexo

Somehow in that scene in Shanghai...

10627127964_548a9ba5c6_z.jpg

i ended up at...

10627131446_b038d12ab8_z.jpg

Yep, all the way to the other side... to the building we're suppose to infiltrate...

I poked around, and found this huge chasm beside the building...

10627360673_5406ee65d9_z.jpg

10627103794_498989f197_z.jpg

10627093624_9987b8f54e_z.jpg

LOL

meppi

Client side hit detection is so awful and it will always be awful.

I thought those idiots would have realised just how everyone hated it in BF3 and done things the right way in BD4.
But then again this is DICE and they can't seem to code themselves out of a paper bag.
FFS.
Might just stick with KZ and not even bother with BF4 now.

kakashi08

I love this game. But can someone tell me how do i use the minimap on my laptop?
Like if I'm playing the game on my desktop, can I log into battlelog on my laptop and have the mini map on full screen on the laptop while i play on the desktop?
If yes, please tell me how to do it. Because i googled and everything, i have no clue how to do it.

So levelcap is also hugely disappointed with the net code and server crashes

BF4 launch problems - Net code needs to change

I'd agree with a lot of this. As I've said from the beginning, a lot of the encounters just don't seem right. This morning I was getting a lot of guys running around corners and firing well before I even had a chance to react - even when I had my sights up and they were in full sprint, they'd still beat me.

This is why you don't preorder Premium. But hopefully this can all be addressed.

I really like playing engineer as an anti-aircraft role

Finally unlocked the rpg-7, and I still can't put down the stinger. Something so satisfying about knocking helicopters out of the sky. Just wish it was easier to actually get a kill from that. So many mobility hits and vehicle destructions that don't kill the pilot. Maybe one in ten results in a kill.

Just played an hour and 15 minute long game of Obliteration on Flood Zone, we were down 2-0 for 40 minutes and somehow came back and won the game. Was exhausting.

kakashi08

I love this game. But can someone tell me how do i use the minimap on my laptop?
Like if I'm playing the game on my desktop, can I log into battlelog on my laptop and have the mini map on full screen on the laptop while i play on the desktop?
If yes, please tell me how to do it. Because i googled and everything, i have no clue how to do it.

NVM. Found it :)

Sethos

Banned
Dropping $50 on an untested game for content that doesn't even exist yet? I guess if you have full confidence in DICE to fix these underlying problems then it's not much of a big deal.

That makes little sense. These are launch problems, everybody knows that. They aren't inherent core problems to a new IP and we all decided to get the season pass before it launched.

Battlefield 3 had similar issues.

That makes little sense. These are launch problems, everybody knows that. They aren't inherent core problems to a new IP and we all decided to get the season pass before it launched.

Battlefield 3 had similar issues.

Then you have faith.

I laughed at new IP though.

CaLe

So what's the verdict on this game ? Worth it for the multiplayer ? Haven't purchased it yet, and looking for some opinions.

Megasoum

Banned
Playing for over 20-25min and then gets disconnected from the server to loose all progress REALLY sucks... Happened twice today so far. I've leveled to rank 5 3-4 times now lol.

Edit: And here's my emblem...wasted way too much time on it lol. My old clan in BF3 was called "The brown socks"

2955057441034428838.png

Fuck I hate it when you are sprinting and theres a piece of tiny rubble on the floor which the game decides will force you to come to a complete stop(continuously run on the spot into said piece of rubble) then as you are trying to get yourself around it using the janky mechanics someone kills you.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Whoops, I really gotta learn to back out and edit...

friday

Finally unlocked the rpg-7, and I still can't put down the stinger. Something so satisfying about knocking helicopters out of the sky. Just wish it was easier to actually get a kill from that. So many mobility hits and vehicle destructions that don't kill the pilot. Maybe one in ten results in a kill.

I need to spend more time with the AA launchers. Seems like they have been improved since BF3. I wish they were more effective, but they can easily become overpowered due to their mobility. I could see two engineers and a support being an effective AA team.

Dropping $50 on an untested game for content that doesn't even exist yet? I guess if you have full confidence in DICE to fix these underlying problems then it's not much of a big deal.

I do have faith because the launch of BF3 was terrible too

Also premium gets you more than just the unreleased DLCs

I do have faith because the launch of BF3 was terrible too

Also premium gets you more than just the unreleased DLCs

This, basically.

They won't change from client to server side detection, but they can improve the netcode. They released patches that improved BC2's netcode, and I'm pretty sure they did the same with BF3.

Sucks that they didn't seem to learn much from those launches.

JackHerer

So I never really got into BF3 but that's because I was really LTTP on that and had decided to just wait for BF4.

I'm playing on PC and I've had a few good matches but there are so many frustrating moments when things don't seem to be working right or weird things happen. Like getting shot by people before they come around corners or my shots not connecting and it taking way too long to kill people sometimes. It just feels really inconsistent.

Glad to see it is not just me from reading this thread. Game is really beautiful and the multiplayer seems like it could be great but as of now I haven't enjoyed it enough to continue playing. I'll check back on this game when a significant patch/new maps are released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom