• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelloMeow

Bad netcode is a conspiracy to keep more people playing.

It's mostly good players who will notice it and get annoyed by it.
"bad" players probably won't notice the faulty netcode as much. They won't notice the shortcomings, but they will get more lucky kills. Since there are more bad players than good players, this will make the game more enjoyable for most players.

(No, I don't believe this, but it's an entertaining idea)

scogoth

My friends battlelog: something doesn't make sense

unYfVro.png

This, basically.

They won't change from client to server side detection, but they can improve the netcode. They released patches that improved BC2's netcode, and I'm pretty sure they did the same with BF3.

Sucks that they didn't seem to learn much from those launches.

DICE gonna DICE.

There's also an element of the game being slightly rushed to beat CoD's release. They probably said "hey it works good enough, send it out and fix it in patches". THough that's just speculation on my part

Gaz_RB

Just spent like 40 minutes trying to figure out why I was getting such awful BF4 performance. Reinstalled a bunch of stuff, was about to go crazy, then I remembered that I had my laptop on power saver mode....

I need to spend more time with the AA launchers. Seems like they have been improved since BF3. I wish they were more effective, but they can easily become overpowered due to their mobility. I could see two engineers and a support being an effective AA team.

I too rolled the Stinger every game, but the Igla is better. It does more damage than the stinger but to compensate you have to keep the Igla locked on target until your rocket hits

HariKari

This, basically.

They won't change from client to server side detection, but they can improve the netcode. They released patches that improved BC2's netcode, and I'm pretty sure they did the same with BF3.

The hit detection is now server side with a bunch of other things. If you are having issues with the game lying to your face, turn off network smoothing.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Just unlocked 8 things for the RCB boat in one rush match. Went 54-6, lol. We lost on the last set. Probably could have won if I didn't accidentally beach the boat. :(

I too rolled the Stinger every game, but the Igla is better. It does more damage than the stinger but to compensate you have to keep the Igla locked on target until your rocket hits

Just unlocked the IGLA last round, but didn't have a chance to try it out. Since you have to manually keep lock, is it possible to relock onto a helicopter after they hit the flares and have your missile reacquire the helicopter? Assuming the missile is still in the air of course.

vehn

I have two monitors and set my game to be borderless window, but every time I load in the game, it only covers about 2/3 of the monitor. Anyone know how to fix that?

Keasar

Huh, now four times in a row when joining a server, 5 minutes in the screen freezes and the sound loops. Makes me all bummer. :(

ISOM

I just had a hard crash playing bf4 single player where I had to reset my pc. Is anyone else having these problems and are there any beta driver fixes to the problem?

a916

This, basically.

The fact that this is actually a pattern is depressing...this game didn't launch finished with the amount of bugs currently. It's absolutely pathetic that they've done this that many times...

Played for about 3 hours without my 360 freezing. It was nice. *knocks on wood*

Did have some minor rubberbanding though. That was not nice.

Zeppelin

Bought a GTX 780 for this today. Playing it on High. Can't say I think it looks much different than BF3 did on my old 5750.

mxgt

Banned
I don't remember BF3 ever being close to this bad at release. Crashes, DC's, rubberbanding everywhere.

Plus, I don't really like the maps as much. Ugh.

a916

Played for about 3 hours without my 360 freezing. It was nice. *knocks on wood*

Did have some minor rubberbanding though. That was not nice.

Wait, what? The crashing is just PC? Apparently some people didn't review the PS4 version because the MP kept crashing too...

When does the actual game launch without this garbage?

manhack

"You were disconnected from EA online"

I'm slowly reaching my breaking point with this game.

Yeah everytime I sit down to play I spend 30 minutes trying to join a server.

Then when I join it either rubberbands or crashes.

Love the game, but come on DICE activate the dame server queues or something.

That Zadoz 113 map (whatever its called) is just too dark or has too much geometry or something. Really hard to see guys and not in a good way

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh wow! DICE has a solider to commander option but to become a solider again you have to quit/reconnect to the server.

WTF, FIX THIS SHIT DICE. It makes no damn sense.

Salsa

its a 0x000000124 BSOD so I know it's hardware. Its probably CPU/GPU overheating or something since I have both overclocked. Thing is, only game this happens with is BF4, not even stressing on prime95 or whatever, so I kinda dont wanna underclock :/

maybe they'll optimize it a bit more in a future patch?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Are only Premium purchasers allowed to queue up for a slot? It doesn't let me.

Server Queues not Functioning
PENDING FUTURE PATCH
Players haven’t been able to join queues for servers, and we are actively working on the issue. We believe we have a solution to this, pending a future patch. We disabled server queues as we found a bug in the queue system, and we are working to isolate the real issue and find a solution for it.

Kahoona

its a 0x000000124 BSOD so I know it's hardware. Its probably CPU/GPU overheating or something since I have both overclocked. Thing is, only game this happens with is BF4, not even stressing on prime95 or whatever, so I kinda dont wanna underclock :/

maybe they'll optimize it a bit more in a future patch?

I used to get blue screens constantly in BF3 and it turned out to be my power supply. After upgrading that, not a blue screen since, including BF4.

Does anyone here have the PS3 or 360 versions and have rented a server?

I'd like to know if DICE added more customization options to renting servers on consoles and if there is anyway to get an approximation of a Classic preset?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom