• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercviper

If you're referring to the server dumping 50% of the players when the Levelution event occurs, there is absolutely nothing you can do. That's a well-known, unresolved bug from DICE...oh wait, I mean "Battlefield Moment."

Well there was that, but my game would also just freeze up randomly on that map. Pretty sure the tower can only fall once per game. :)

If you're referring to the server dumping 50% of the players when the Levelution event occurs, there is absolutely nothing you can do. That's a well-known, unresolved bug from DICE...oh wait, I mean "Battlefield Moment."

LOL, what?

Wait, let me get this straight: The Shanghai tower falls and suddenly lots of people are kicked out of the game?

Wow. Just wow.

sflufan

Banned
LOL, what?

Wait, let me get this straight: The Shanghai tower falls and suddenly lots of people are kicked out of the game?

Wow. Just wow.

Yes, that is correct.

The Shanghai tower falls and anywhere from 50% to 80% of players are kicked from the game. Many server admins -- including myself -- are pleading with players to not take down the tower. I'm THIS close to remove Shanghai entirely from my map rotation until the issue is resolved.

I shit you not.

Xyber

Seriously though, what's the deal with the AC130?

I was gunning and couldn't kill anything. As in, no hit markers. It would maybe register my first hit marker, but nothing after that, even on fucking stationary targets that I see my rounds EXPLODING onto. Is there a bug? I know it was nerfed, but it was ridiculous to fire onto a target until I overheated without any hit markers or kill notifications.

Talking about the machinegun?

Yes, that one seems broken now. It's almost impossible to hit anything with it.

Mines do stay. Pretty positive claymores do not.

They've made a lot of the Recon stuff stay as well, like TUGS, and now the Radio Beacon doesn't destroy itself when you spawn on it, which is really nice.

Getting a good TUGS down at the beginning of a Domination match can lead to a ton of spotting points for doing pretty much nothing.

I've gotten claymore kills after my death, so they do stay until you pop down another one at least.

Yes, that is correct.

The Shanghai tower falls and anywhere from 50% to 80% of players are kicked from the game. Many server admins -- including myself -- are pleading with players to not take down the tower. I'm THIS close to remove Shanghai entirely from my map rotation until the issue is resolved.

I shit you not.

How about this: Patch the game so only the people who stay on the tower will crash out. The problem will correct itself and then half the server won't stay on that god forsaken tower for half the game.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
LOL, what?

Wow. Just wow.

I was on a server that lost like 40 people when it fell last night.

Seriously though, what's the deal with the AC130?

I was gunning and couldn't kill anything. As in, no hit markers. It would maybe register my first hit marker, but nothing after that, even on fucking stationary targets that I see my rounds EXPLODING onto. Is there a bug? I know it was nerfed, but it was ridiculous to fire onto a target until I overheated without any hit markers or kill notifications.

Happens to me as well

Tekku

Okay, so Golmud and Shangai are still crashing. Golmud also has the wierd sound glitch.

Staying away from those maps now.

Grief.exe

Locker is one of my favorite maps, there i said it.

S1mt2oY.gif

Operation locker is a ton of fun. I played Obliteration on it last night. There are a lot of different things you can do.

If you're inside, you get to run up behind a crowd of teammates and peak your head around corners and shoot rocket launchers down a hall.

OR you can go outside, find your mass of teammates, and slowly peak your head around a corner and fire off a sniper shot. Just don't peak out too far or you'll be instantly shot by about 12 snipers from the other team.

There's this tug of war mechanic where your mass of teammates slowly pushes forward or backward, which moves the grenade launcher\sniper battle to completely new and interesting locations.

I don't know about you guys, but that's why I love Battlefield games!

Locker is one of my favorite maps, there i said it.

One of my favorites too at 32 players or less. Not horrible at 48, but not great, and completely terrible at 64. Then again, I think most of the maps are awful at 64 players. DICE really should bring back the expanded 64 player versions of maps that older PC releases had.

Bombless

There's a DICE test server that was setup so I spent the early afternoon playing on it. Was allright (though I crashed while switching maps once) then we got to Shanghai aaaaaand they kicked the tower down --> game crash. I thought it was fairly funny it happened on their own server as well.

Crisco

Banned
Locker was fun the first time I played it just because I sat back and tossed med kits for 10 minutes. Ribbon ribbon ribbon ribbon ribbon, unlock, ribbon ribbon ribbon, rank, ribbon ribbon....

I'm getting really good at running up on tanks/BTRs with C4 as Recon. I'm not sure if I'm getting lucky or if most players just aren't expecting to be bum rushed, but it's getting me an incredible amount of kills.

Highlight so far has to be landing C4 on a helicopter as it flew past the building on Zavod. Wish I'd had Shadowplay running.

I think you bought the wrong game. Go for Call of Duty Dogs.

My eyes are rolling into the back of my head.

Grief.exe

Best close quarters maps are Lancing Dam, Golmud Railway and Flood Zone :D

And even those are a fucking stretch for 'infantry maps'

I just play Domination when I'm in the mood for infantry battles.

Game did not ship with a good infantry map, I hope China Rising alleviates that issue.

I'm getting really good at running up on tanks/BTRs with C4 as Recon. I'm not sure if I'm getting lucky or if most players just aren't expecting to be bum rushed, but it's getting me an incredible amount of kills.

Highlight so far has to be landing C4 on a helicopter as it flew past the building on Zavod. Wish I'd had Shadowplay running.

My eyes are rolling into the back of my head.

its feels harder to see enemies in bf4 than bf3 while inside tanks

then again i had the prox scan on 100% of the time in bf3 so it likely dulled my senses in detecting those around me

Grief.exe

He is probably referring to Conquest Small or Domination.

Well, sure, Locker is perfect for grinding ribbons, we all know that, but that doesn't make it fun.

Although I'd admit at ~24p it is kinda fun..... =P

<32 players makes the flank routes actually viable. On Domination the map is actually very good as well, again <32 players.

No one answered my question yesterday.

I have a question.

BF4 Premium says that you will be able to play each expansion pack 2 weeks early. China Rising is apart of Premium.

If you pre-order the game, you get China Rising added to your account. What happens when China Rising releases, but I don't own Premium?

Will I not be able to access that content for two weeks? Or are they going to make an exception for that particular DLC?

MedIC86

ugh here was hoping the recent patch fixed stuff, still crashing for me. Im not buying premium untill they fixed this stuff.

Here's my evening;

Join server, kicked after 5 minutes due to "making room for members"

Join another server, can't, just exits without error.

Third server, disconnected after 10 minutes due to "Something went wrong"

Fourth server, disconnected after 5-10 minutes due to "Something went wrong".

I really want to play the game, cause it felt great when it worked, but can't be bothered to deal with this anymore.

Fix your fucking game DICE.

What is a good keyboard/mouse layout for controlling helos and planes? I feel like I always get screwed up with the mouse when I'm piloting cause I end up rolling too far.

Do people just use the default controls for planes and helos with M+KB? Or do you switch things up for better control?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
There's room for both close quarters infantry maps and wide open vehicle maps in Battlefield. Variety is good!

No there isn't. I bought Battlefield for Big Team Battle. Not Shootbangmeinthebackdawtbrazzersdawtkawm.

Pfff, I'm making so many points as an Assault.

Locker 24/7 - 64 players - heal and revive = Win

Please don't tell me Metro was your favorite BF3 map because of this too.

But I must say I actually had my best game on that map, it was fucking intense to the last second and we managed to actually get through and fuck each other over on the side there a couple of times. We were behind with quite a bit with 100 tickets to go, but managed to get in behind and capture their points leading to this narrow victory

ZJnbN9S.png

That felt real good.

TheSeks

BF3.

Well yes, but this game is meant to cater to all demographics.

Yes, and I wish EA would stop forcing DICE to do that. It's like making Halo into Call of Halo: Just doesn't work, and Halo 4's population bled out. EA's just lucky because they're "modern warfare" but I don't know: A lot of "old-school" fans are starting to hate the direction the series is going.

Grief.exe

Are you referring to Back to Karkand? Premium didn't exist at that time, everyone could play on day one.

Yes, and I wish EA would stop forcing DICE to do that. It's like making Halo into Call of Halo: Just doesn't work, and Halo 4's population bled out. EA's just lucky because they're "modern warfare" but I don't know: A lot of "old-school" fans are starting to hate the direction the series is going.

Dice pretty much fucked over the competitive community with this release.

TheSeks

Are you referring to Back to Karkand? Premium didn't exist at that time, everyone could play on day one.

Yes, I am. But like BF3 if you got that for free and bought Premium later, you didn't get anything extra/saved cash. It's going to be the same thing here.

Grief.exe

Yes, I am. But like BF3 if you got that for free and bought Premium later, you didn't get anything extra/saved cash. It's going to be the same thing here.

That logic doesn't seem to translate to the date played for me, ie seems a stretch to assume that.

So basically there isn't anything official yet it would seem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom