• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else experienced the annoying tactic of a Commander putting a supply drop down on a bomb point or MCOM? Makes it incredibly difficult to arm/disarm, as you access the loadout menu instead.

My own fucking commander did that as I took the bomb to a point and I couldn't get it armed in time before I was killed. Fucking stupid.

Hope they change the loadout key to R or something.

7ol6M7T.gif

Gotta love that big sniper rifle!

I didn't see it at first and wondered why he needed to zoom in for that one kill, but he was shooting through a team mate and then holy shit awesome.

tjohn86

Getting kicked late in a game to "Make room for members" is the most annoying shit. Is there a way to blacklist servers?

Please don't tell me Metro was your favorite BF3 map because of this too.

But I must say I actually had my best game on that map, it was fucking intense to the last second and we managed to actually get through and fuck each other over on the side there a couple of times. We were behind with quite a bit with 100 tickets to go, but managed to get in behind and capture their points leading to this narrow victory

ZJnbN9S.png

That felt real good.

Seeing your old avatar reminds me....please use that one again. Always cracked me up lol

Grief.exe

Can you still snipe pilots out of helos?

Yes

Has anyone else experienced the annoying tactic of a Commander putting a supply drop down on a bomb point or MCOM? Makes it incredibly difficult to arm/disarm, as you access the loadout menu instead.

My own fucking commander did that as I took the bomb to a point and I couldn't get it armed in time before I was killed. Fucking stupid.

Hope they change the loadout key to R or something.

lol the enemy commander did that to me during Obliteration. When I was able to get the bomb, the case somehow fell and squished me.

Just popped by a 64 Player a game, man it's so awful. Remind me to never touch servers with 48+ players.

On the very largest maps it's not horrible. But these maps were clearly designed with 32 players in mind.

Does anyone else remember the map El Alamein from BF 1942/ Desert Combat? Was incredibly with a lot of players. Just open desert with a few mountains in the middle.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Please don't tell me Metro was your favorite BF3 map because of this too.

But I must say I actually had my best game on that map, it was fucking intense to the last second and we managed to actually get through and fuck each other over on the side there a couple of times. We were behind with quite a bit with 100 tickets to go, but managed to get in behind and capture their points leading to this narrow victory

ZJnbN9S.png

That felt real good.

I didn't play much of BF3, i was in pre-alpha, bought the game when it came out but never bought any expansion pack.

Also Locker is a good example to show the excellent sound design of this game. When someone screams through the whole corridor "GRENAAAAAADEE" and then the gun fire starts, so good.

elyetis

Such a big lack of 48 player hardcore server.... even more so when you need to avoid Operation corridor ( and even Rogue Transmission, but kind of for the opposite reason ). :/

On another note, XM25 best gadget ever. Killing snipers on roof with it is the best feeling.

Grief.exe

So I've gotten to the bottom of the China Rising Expansion pack question. I checked various places that stipulated what items you got for pre-ordering Battlefield 4.

Every time they mention the China Rising Expansion Pack, they always refer to it as a 'Premium Expansion Pack.' This same wording exists on multiple sites, including EA's own support site.
What they are doing is granting you the premium version of the DLC.

The other piece of evidence that pushed it over the edge for me was the wording, 'once it becomes available.' Again, this particular word choice showed up on multiple sites. EA would not be stating that if they were going to make you wait 2 weeks.

Pre-ordering the Standard Edition will grant you a Premium Expansion pack once it becomes available after the Battlefield 4 launch. The Standard Edition will be available on PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation 3, and PlayStation 4.

Forgive me if this has been answered before.

Since stats are saved on the Battlefield servers, will my PC stats carry over to 360 or XBO? How about if I buy Premium?

Wes

venison crêpe
So since closing battlelog as soon as it begins to load level I haven't had the client crash *touch wood*

vixlar

Forgive me if this has been answered before.

Since stats are saved on the Battlefield servers, will my PC stats carry over to 360 or XBO? How about if I buy Premium?

PC, Playstation and Xbox are independent. The only stats that got transfered are from X360 to Xbox One, and from PS3 to PS4. The same goes for Premium.

recon is so much better in bf4, really liking the stock rifle. never really embraced the class in bf3 until we got that turkish sniper rifle the jg90 or whatever that was ridiculously op and made getting kills easy

Found a repeatable crash bug for me.

If I equip the M416 + reflex(rds) + underslung rail + M320 grenade launcher... the game will crash on my 2nd or 3rd respawn EVERY TIME. Even after a computer reboot and repairing game files.

When I remove the underslung rail + M320 combo, and keep the reflex(rds) still attached I get no crashes.

Bombless

Can you still snipe pilots out of helos?

Yeah. As a matter of fact I got sniped off an attack chopper (as gunner) 2 games ago. Respawned back in the gunner seat and gunned the bastard down (<3 squadmate spawning).

That logic doesn't seem to translate to the date played for me, ie seems a stretch to assume that.

So basically there isn't anything official yet it would seem.

You got one DLC for free. Premium gives all DLC and allows to play to play them 2 weeks before their release date. Those are 2 different things.

GetemMa

From reading the past couple pages I take it this game is still a broken mess.

Will check back again in a few days.

DICE, with BF4 you have made a loyal customer into someone teetering on the fence.

I like the game, but I can't play it. It is just too buggy and I have no faith your next game won't be the same deal.

Bread

Banned
recon is so much better in bf4, really liking the stock rifle. never really embraced the class in bf3 until we got that turkish sniper rifle the jg90 or whatever that was ridiculously op and made getting kills easy
yup I'm loving recon, just got the DMR unlocked so I'm just running and gunning while looking for tanks to c4, so much fun.

Sethos

Banned
I swear, no matter how many times you do it, it never gets old.

Jx90OlL.gif

Had just killed him 5 minutes before that with C4 too, I think he was miffed.

I am really enjoying it as well. I used recon from time to time in BF3 but this game has done it even better. Love the tagging gadget you get at the start and the first rifle is pretty damn good. Plus I love how they gave c4 back to the class.

Jx90OlL.gif

One of my favorite things to do as well. The adrenaline I get from sneaking up and running off like a mad man is awesome.

M.W.

What's going on with the PS3 version? Every time I start up the game it asks me to adjust screen size. Plus, all my option are reset. WTF

So, this is weird.

This happens in NO other game, and I dont have a dead pixel.

When I play Battlefield 4, in the top left corner area, I have one black dot, it happens on all colours when I move around levels.
It goes when I exit and only appears when I play the game.

I have no idea whats caused it, but its only during BF4.

I cant Print Screen it, but no other game, video, picture etc will reproduce the effect.

I've highlighted it in the red box in the image below.

Anyone else got any ideas about this?

Bombless

On Rogue Transmission I ended up as recon, standing at the top of a hill and lazing everything that passed by. It was surprisingly fun, the only problem being I had a shotgun equipped and couldn't do much else than press A. I wish more recons used that tool.

Edit : In other news, look what I've found : "[TAWB] DE Server - Conquest All Maps / No Locker".

smr00

Banned
server problems be damned i can no longer wait to play this or attempt to play it.

Better pull up your try britches, eat your vitamins and say your prayers GAF because smr-mania is about to run wild.

Zomba13

So yesterday when I first started playing this I couldn't last in a multiplayer game more than 5 mins before a crash. Now I seem to be able to play fine. Still getting weird glitches in campaign where sections of the map aren't loading until I'm in them (eg, top of elevator in Shanghai. Get to top floor, guy is just floating there, no room. Takes a few seconds for room to load in while scripting is going on as normal).

Spent some time making an alright Survey Corps logo from attack on Titan.
YJ42UqB.png

I still hate unlocks. I know there has to be progression in multiplayer games now but I just want to get the stuff unlocked so I can figure out what I like best rather than getting used to the starter stuff and never changing it.

Facism

Jx90OlL.gif

this is my favourite shit to do in battlefield. I suffered through support to unlock c4 so i can do that shit and supply ammo at the same time.

Crisco

Banned
That's the only thing I hate about playing Assault. We have literally no defense against vehicles, basically just run for cover and hope they don't see you.

Facism

That's the only thing I hate about playing Assault. We have literally no defense against vehicles, basically just run for cover and hope they don't see you.

the benefit is you get laser weaponry that requires no skill to use.

Sethos

Banned
It's funny, every now and again you encounter that guy which has a need to say something every time he gets shot or something. Nobody replies or even says something in chat, it just looks something like;

That guy: cheat
That guy: how fuck u c me?
That guy: noob
That guy: lol right
That guy: omg
That guy: whine
That guy: fuck off

smr00

Banned
It's funny, every now and again you encounter that guy which has a need to say something every time he gets shot or something. Nobody replies or even says something in chat, it just looks something like;

That guy: cheat
That guy: how fuck u c me?
That guy: lol right
That guy: omg
That guy: whine
That guy: fuck off
Gives me flash backs of CS pub games.

Couldn't go into a pub without being accused of wall hacking.

Xyber

Source?

Well yes, but this game is meant to cater to all demographics.

It's a premium perk, you don't have premium and therefore you should not expect to be able to play it until the regular release. Prepare for that and be happy if they let you in early.

Sethos

Banned
Anyone loving Defuse? It's glitchy as fuck and you don't get jack shit for points so there's not much people playing it. But man it's fun. The best servers are 10v10. It's "supposed" to be 5v5 so only 5 people show on the leaderboard. DICE should just remove that shit and officially allow 10v10 or 12v12 (I hear consoles can only do 5v5).

TUGS + C4 = lulz! So many doubles.

Defuse is the best mode in the game. I was looking forward to that since the announcement. However I've shelved it for now until they fix it, way too frustrating for me.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Anyone loving Defuse? It's glitchy as fuck and you don't get jack shit for points so there's not much people playing it. But man it's fun. The best servers are 10v10. It's "supposed" to be 5v5 so only 5 people show on the scoreboard. DICE should just remove that shit and officially allow 10v10 or 12v12 (I hear consoles can only do 5v5).

Defuse is godlike

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That logic doesn't seem to translate to the date played for me, ie seems a stretch to assume that.

So basically there isn't anything official yet it would seem.

Back to Karkand without Premium = same date as non-Premium
Back to Karkand with Premium = Premium/1 week early access.

Pre-orders = B2K for free with/without Premium.

Logic dictates that B2K for free without Premium == B2K without Premium
B2K for free WITH premium == B2K with Premium =!= B2K without Premium.

Get it?

The same thing is going to happen here, you get China Rising for free and get it at the non-Premium date UNLESS you have Premium, in which case you get the map pack for jack but at an earlier date.

AKA: BF3.

Grief.exe

Back to Karkand without Premium = same date as non-Premium
Back to Karkand with Premium = Premium/1 week early access.

Pre-orders = B2K for free with/without Premium.

Logic dictates that B2K for free without Premium == B2K without Premium
B2K for free WITH premium == B2K with Premium =!= B2K without Premium.

Get it?

The same thing is going to happen here, you get China Rising for free and get it at the non-Premium date UNLESS you have Premium, in which case you get the map pack for jack but at an earlier date.

AKA: BF3.

Problem is, Premium didn't exist when B2K was released. It debuted after that.

Premium was revealed Summer 2012

Irrelevant anyways since everyone got B2K day one, there was no waiting.

I already cracked the mystery, the evidence dictatces that everyone will get it day one. It seems that EA is crediting China Rising DLC as a standalone Premium Expansion Pack for pre-orders

So I've gotten to the bottom of the China Rising Expansion pack question. I checked various places that stipulated what items you got for pre-ordering Battlefield 4.

Every time they mention the China Rising Expansion Pack, they always refer to it as a 'Premium Expansion Pack.' This same wording exists on multiple sites, including EA's own support site.
What they are doing is granting you the premium version of the DLC.

The other piece of evidence that pushed it over the edge for me was the wording, 'once it becomes available.' Again, this particular word choice showed up on multiple sites. EA would not be stating that if they were going to make you wait 2 weeks.

Pre-ordering the Standard Edition will grant you a Premium Expansion pack once it becomes available after the Battlefield 4 launch. The Standard Edition will be available on PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation 3, and PlayStation 4.

Anyone loving Defuse? It's glitchy as fuck and you don't get jack shit for points so there's not much people playing it. But man it's fun. The best servers are 10v10. It's "supposed" to be 5v5 so only 5 people show on the scoreboard. DICE should just remove that shit and officially allow 10v10 or 12v12 (I hear consoles can only do 5v5).

I enjoyed it when I played it and had control of my soldier, but having the game put my camera view into spectator mode while I'm still alive and moving around on the other side of the map five or six times a round is inexcusable. I can only assume half the kills I get are on poor sods stuck in spectator as well.

There is no way defuse should have shipped in this state. Shameful of DICE and EA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom