• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Favorited. Would prefer 32 or 48 though, but that's just me.

Yarr, I'm sticking to 48 or below.

I'm warming up to Zavod. Still not one of my favorites though.

I also unlocked the MK11 MOD 0 and daaaaaaamn it's good. Looking forward to trying the SKS.

I hate the unlock system for this game. So much grinding to get all the parts you want. I realize it's similar to BF3 but it's really frustrating to go from a fully kitted out gun to a completely bare gun. Also, they should be stabbed in painful places for Battlepacks. WTF WERE THEY THINKING.

Overdoziz

Banned
Finally getting the hang of playing with a controller on PC. Not doing nearly as good as I did with BF3 on 360 of course, but much better than a handful of days ago.

vixlar

On consoles, being able to use a proper desktop server browser to join a server and having that instantly appear on screen is a thing of fucking beauty.

Wow, can you load an Xbox 360 game from your PC? Or are you trying to tell that X360 interface is similar to Browser battlelog?

RoKKeR

Wow, can you load an Xbox 360 game from your PC? Or are you trying to tell that X360 interface is similar to Browser battlelog?
The former. If you have Battlelog running while you are playing BF4 there will be a blue bar across the bottom. Click on 'servers' and then you have the full Battlelog server browser and can join any game like you normally would on PC.

It's really a fantastic feature, especially when you are trying to join a game with frjends.

By the way DICE, is it really too much to ask for a proper party system on consoles? It's 2013 and my friends and I all have to simultaneously join a server in order to play together. You at least tried in BC2/BF3.

Simply put you can't move your aim reticule as fast or accurately with a joystick compared to a mouse. Master it and there is nothing better for fps.

I guess it's just my opinion but I've always felt like the competition and quality of players has always been higher on PC than on consoles and I've played my fair share of both.

PC just brings the MORE hardcore.

Gaz_RB

Simply put you can't move your aim reticule as fast or accurately with a joystick compared to a mouse. Master it and there is nothing better for fps.

I guess it's just my opinion but I've always felt like the competition and quality of players has always been higher on PC than on consoles and I've played my fair share of both.

Agreed. I destroy on the 360, but as soon as I head over the PC for some 64 player action, I'm the one getting destroyed. There is just more skill over there.

Overdoziz

Banned

That's why I said I didn't play as good as on 360 of course. It's no mystery to me that the mouse is more accurate. I just can't be bothered at all to try and get better with mouse and keyboard at this moment. I like the mouse, but the keyboard is just a mess to deal with compared to the controller. Since I'll be switching over to the PS4 as my main platform for BF4 when next-gen comes around I'm better off just playing the game on a gamepad for practice.

Regarding overall skill I'd say there isn't that big of a difference between platforms. PC has its fair share of idiots and so does console. You'll find plenty of wookies sitting in a corner of a map on a hill in all versions of the game.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Still getting kicked from full servers with "server is full" as the error message. This server thing hasn't been solved. *sigh*

Man, I love this game. But I'm getting greedy. I want new maps NOW!!!!

The maps are fantastic in this game, with the exception of . . . I can't say it's name.

vixlar

The former. If you have Battlelog running while you are playing BF4 there will be a blue bar across the bottom. Click on 'servers' and then you have the full Battlelog server browser and can join any game like you normally would on PC.

It's really a fantastic feature, especially when you are trying to join a game with frjends.

By the way DICE, is it really too much to ask for a proper party system on consoles? It's 2013 and my friends and I all have to simultaneously join a server in order to play together. You at least tried in BC2/BF3.

Oh, man. That is fantastic. This is the kind of advancement I enjoy on cross technologies. So you can use it to change your loadout too?

elyetis

Agreed. I destroy on the 360, but as soon as I head over the PC for some 64 player action, I'm the one getting destroyed. There is just more skill over there.
That was my experience when I went from BC2 on ps3 to BC2 on PC; hard to explain, but I get that feeling that the 'skill cap' on console/w a controler is simply lower. Not that it's a bad thing in itself, I think it actually made knowing the pace of the game, maps etc.. more important on console, than pur aiming skill/reflex.

On another note, after all those gif ( hard 'g' ) on this thread I finaly did some work on Open Broadcaster as a way to record my games ( since Fraps really take too much space, and no nvidia shadow play till next year and Maxwell ), I will soon be part of the gif circle.

I still don't get why there is a spectate option, but not a save replay option.... ( other than not giving even more proof to people that the netcode is pure shit )

RoKKeR

Oh, man. That is fantastic. This is the kind of advancement I enjoy on cross technologies. So you can use it to change your loadout too?
Yep, and it changes instantaneously. Switch loadout online, die, spawn in with updated loadout. It's slick.

Next gen will also have Battlescreen which is currently supported by PC only. Really looking forward to that.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Yep, and it changes instantaneously. Switch loadout online, die, spawn in with updated loadout. It's slick.

Next gen will also have Battlescreen which is currently supported by PC only. Really looking forward to that.

Dual monitor with Battlescreen is super useful as a squad leader who wants to give the most appropriate and effective orders based on the density of the opposition.

Lulubop

Just purchased the game, and unfortunately experienced a crash in my first game. That said I'm loving the feel of the game. Certainly much improved from BF3, tho it's sorta hard to describe. Graphical it's much more of an improvement over BF3 than I had anticipated.

Ah, nevermind.

Mentok

Banned
I have not purchased an FPS in a while, but felt the itch to buy this game. Not disappointed! I just wished it was possible for more players in a game (console version) as sometimes it can feel like I'm running a lot to find someone.

Bombless

Man, so happy to have solved my stutter problem. Just went on a 3 hours session on the cutely named "Noob Bus - No Pros or Air Ho's" server. No crashes, no disconnects, just gaming. It did end up with a hangup at map change but that's allright.

Been playing Recon tonight, with DMR mostly. Just unlocked the MK11..it's harsh to return to a scope less rifle..but I do like the way the gun feels. Gotta score some kills with it tomorrow.

It's such a good feeling to laze a target, see the missiles hit it and witness it's explosion in a ball of fire. The points are nice too! Well, that and C4ing a tank. That never gets old.

Managed a double vehicle kill on Railway. At E, where the Missile Launcher spawns. Had an enemy tank camped on the flag, they were capping it. There was an attack choper capping as well, moving back and forth above the tank, but very low. C4ed the back of the tank and decided to wait for another heli pass....BOOM. So sad I'm not recording, it was epic.

Ghazi

Did anyone trade in BF3 towards BF4 when they got it, just wondering how much it'd be worth since GameStop is offering 30% extra on traded in things toward it. I didn't play BF3 much to begin with, and I got the Premium Edition, but I don't think I'd have a reason to return to it in the future.

I really want to jump in on this game, and have been playing a bunch of BF3 in the meantime. All of the complaints on here and on Reddit, as well as Black Friday being like 3 weeks away, are really making this a hard decision.

Game looks really good when it all works from videos I've seen though

Grief.exe

That was my experience when I went from BC2 on ps3 to BC2 on PC; hard to explain, but I get that feeling that the 'skill cap' on console/w a controler is simply lower. Not that it's a bad thing in itself, I think it actually made knowing the pace of the game, maps etc.. more important on console, than pur aiming skill/reflex.

On another note, after all those gif ( hard 'g' ) on this thread I finaly did some work on Open Broadcaster as a way to record my games ( since Fraps really take too much space, and no nvidia shadow play till next year and Maxwell ), I will soon be part of the gif circle.

I still don't get why there is a spectate option, but not a save replay option.... ( other than not giving even more proof to people that the netcode is pure shit )

I have always been a PC player, but BC2 was when I fully switched to PC FPS as well.

It is still one of my most played games on Steam.

I'm warming up to Zavod. Still not one of my favorites though.

Someone had stated earlier in this thread, and I'd definitely agree, that for whatever reason I can't seem to see shit on Zavod. Whether it's the crappy lighting or textures or what, but I can't seem to see a dude standing 30 feet in front of me.

PLD's and FLIR's own that map.

For the first time, I've been getting this error:

Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'Anton_Sugar' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe

Can't play a game for more than a few seconds. I manually updated PunkBuster, added and re-added Battlefield 4--nothing. Any ideas?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Btw hows things for the PS3 players now? Been seeing mostly reports from you PC folks but not much talk of the stability on the PS3 side?

I know I could just open up my copy and find out for myself, but that takes effort and being a denizen of the internet we all know it doesnt fly that way. :D

esai

so im getting kicked from every server for some punkbuster error. its the first day its done this. was there an update or something i missed?

So the GAF Chicago server was stacked to hell and back. At least half of the enemy team were all members of some clan (they all had the same icon), which of course caused people on our team to leave and create unbalanced teams. Then just to add insult to injury when they won 660 tickets to our 0 they all just had to type "GG SOOO CLOSE."

so im getting kicked from every server for some punkbuster error. its the first day its done this. was there an update or something i missed?

Same thing was happening to me. Tried updating from pbsetup, no luck. I had to go into the bf4 game directory, and reinstall then test using pbsvcs, I believe.

Lulubop

So good. Much improved from BF3, at least in terms on feel and look. Maps are better in general as well. Shout outs to gaf west, can't wait to get back on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom