• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingbrave

Just had my best game ever. Went 12 and 3 with a ton of med ribbons. When this game clicks it's really awesome.

I realize that most of you are better than me, but damnit I'm proud of my accomplishment!

Facism

Just had my best game ever. Went 12 and 3 with a ton of med ribbons. When this game clicks it's really awesome.

I realize that most of you are better than me, but damnit I'm proud of my accomplishment!

medic ribbons implies that you're playing your class and doing you job.

Enkidu

I don't know if this has been covered already but I just got the game and got a bit nostalgic when I found this in the box:
vWR8WRR.jpg

They didn't even bother using their DVD template, and it even says ©2005 on the back.
I wish the third disc actually was a CD and not a DVD.

Facism

I never get any medic ribbons as support, I suck :(

that's because medic ribbons can only be gotten by the assault class lol ;)

Really miffed about this x64 business. is there anyway to check ingame that you're running 64bit battlefield 4?

Kingbrave

Really miffed about this x64 business. is there anyway to check ingame that you're running 64bit battlefield 4?

I have mine set to x64 and I'm getting the same thing. Are you sure it's not supposed to show up as win32? That's what it says when it crashes and I have to bring up the taskmaster.

Of course you can, let's not blow this out of proportions.
Nope. Biggest problems in BF3 are damage modifiers, you die instantly by weapons that do more damage than they should. You can't tell in BF4 because you die instantly to all sorts of weapons because of the delayed hit registration.

Sethos

Banned

It was a joke ;)

Nope. Biggest problems in BF3 are damage modifiers, you die instantly by weapons that do more damage than they should. You can't tell in BF4 because you die instantly to all sorts of weapons because of the delayed hit registration.

Netcode isn't good but there's a huge fucking gap between client-side hit detection woes and playing against cheaters.

Have they said anything about a client or game patch instead of a servers patch ?

I haven't had a full server crash since launch but the game still crashes constantly.

BBboy20

It would ease players if they gave head shot indicators when you get killed instantly.

Vitor711

It's getting really annoying when I die to a tank's machine gun and the first time I realise that I'm getting hit is when my character keels over. Really frustrating because there's no time to react. It feels like I'm being head-shot every damned time or something.

Also, the crashes yesterday were ridiculous. I suffered like 6 or 7, including numerous server side freezes.

BBboy20

Oh indeed. Problem is, I think most people complain about it time and time again in pretty much every new FPS but nothing ever really happens.
That what depresses me. I gave up on COD's MP after MW2/BO2 and yet people keep talking about and wanting to play more COD (I'm referring to people who aren't the casual crowd). I just don't get it...the issues in that series has been on going and yet people are willing to suffer to have that fun (and be part of carrot-on-the-stick schemes).

Black Ops 2 made me reach my tolerance with all this online BS that has been plaguing MPs for far too long but nobody else seems to mind.

Divus

Last night was brutal for me. At first it was playing fine when we were playing Obliteration and Rush. I got a decet number of kills and was that dude who was arming. Then we loaded up Siege and my friends couldn't play for more than a minute without crashing.

They decided they wanted to do some Domination and that's were things got bad. Two different servers, constant disconnects and hit detection was amazing bad. I could unload every round out of both guns and not kill someone and when I did it took a good second or two for it to even show up. I died instantly 80% of the time, but my friends said it was playing great on there end. One game however was terrible for them and yet that one map played great on my end.

This is getting frustrating.

I tried 25mm guns for the Littlebird last night

so gooood

The reload is bearable even without the belt feed upgrade, and you can just make absolute mincemeat out of players and vehicles.

I'm less impressed with the mounted miniguns in this game.

What kind of round are they supposed to be firing?

I was shooting a guy 10 metres away from a stationary RHIB and probably got around 11 hit markers, the guy literally had time to go prone and crawl behind a rock as I was shooting and hitting him.

The miniguns on transport helicopters, watercraft and the guns on Jets all need buffs.

MJLord

I tried 25mm guns for the Littlebird last night

so gooood

The reload is bearable even without the belt feed upgrade, and you can just make absolute mincemeat out of players and vehicles.

I'm less impressed with the mounted miniguns in this game.

What kind of round are they supposed to be firing?

I was shooting a guy 10 metres away from a stationary RHIB and probably got around 11 hit markers, the guy literally had time to go prone and crawl behind a rock as I was shooting and hitting him.

The miniguns on transport helicopters, watercraft and the guns on Jets all need buffs.

I agree man, they are *too* weak.

ah yes if it's running @ 32 bit there should be a "*32" after the process name in task manager. will check.

Pretty sure it says "BF4.exe" regardless. The game executable is 64bit by default. The only way to make it run in 32bit is to rename the 32bit executable "bf4_x86.exe" to "bf4.exe"

Haven't seen a single cheater so far, not even a single player I'd call 'dodgy'
Same here. I also haven't run into any dodgy players. Except this guy named Borris. Just couldn't hit him....

MisterM

I would like to play BF4 on another PC in my house but don't want to download another 25GB...if I start Origin on PC#2 and start the download, then pause it after a couple of mins and copy my game folder from PC#1 will that work?

I would like to play BF4 on another PC in my house but don't want to download another 25GB...if I start Origin on PC#2 and start the download, then pause it after a couple of mins and copy my game folder from PC#1 will that work?

Yes, it's possible to copy over folders. When you press "download" after you've put the folder there, Origin will "download" the game in one second.

Woo-Fu

Banned
guys i need some help. I'm not sure my bf4 is running as x64 despite using the .exe and setting the launch options to x64. Everytime i change something in the console it shows as "win32" and the game just crashed and specified the x86 executable. Ram usage never goes over 2.5gig either.

Does this game need to be installed in the other programs folder in windows 7 or something?

There are two executables, just rename the 32-bit one if you want to make sure you're not using it.

rename bf4_x86.exe to something else.

MJLord

That was amazing LOL!

The miniguns suck on people, but they shred helicopters/planes. Though for some reason when they shoot at ME I die in a few shots lol.

haha that's almost the opposite of how I think they should work xD That said if you set it up right they can be devastating.

Yaska

So tried out the commander mode. Bit simplish, but on a tablet I think it'll be really fun. Also the smug on one's face when you blast 11 guys to netherworld with one single well placed cruise missile :D

MJLord

So tried out the commander mode. Bit simplish, but on a tablet I think it'll be really fun. Also the smug on one's face when you blast 11 guys to netherworld with one single well placed cruise missile :D

Have they released it on tablet yet?

Pinktaco

While I agree with you I also think the cruise missile should mostly be used at vehicles. Although 11 kills > vehicle :p

It just annoys me when the enemy commander decides to waste a cruise missile when I'm clearly running around alone lol. Seems like such a waste =)

**EDIT**

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4.../247050216/pc/

My profile, if any of you want to add me. Mostly playing assault/medic and 48 player conquest.

Updated to Win 8.1 the other day. Performance increase was insane!

I keep getting this error when I play for over 2 minutes:

Code:
Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'VisceralBowl' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrB.exe initialization failed

I reinstalled and updated Punkbuster and the service test said it was successful.

Man, I never hit anyone with the cruise missile--it takes so long to reach my hard, it's hit or miss.

Otherwise, Commander mode is pretty fun, though I still haven't had an experience where it's super OP points mode. In general, I get middle of the scoreboard amounts of points, and that's with me constantly deploying everything that's available.

Yaska

While I agree with you I also think the cruise missile should mostly be used at vehicles. Although 11 kills > vehicle :p

It just annoys me when the enemy commander decides to waste a cruise missile when I'm clearly running around alone lol. Seems like such a waste =)

**EDIT**

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4.../247050216/pc/

My profile, if any of you want to add me. Mostly playing assault/medic and 48 player conquest.

Agree with you that one should target it to vehicles mainly, but most of the tanks were moving, so didn't bother to target them instead of the huge amount of roof-snipers.
Edit: Also I got the MvP award. I scored 28k points and with awards 29k. As shown [battlelog link] So the commander mode can be really good for points.

smr00

Banned
Updated to Win 8.1 the other day. Performance increase was insane!

I keep getting this error when I play for over 2 minutes:

Code:
Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'VisceralBowl' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrB.exe initialization failed

I reinstalled and updated Punkbuster and the service test said it was successful.
What did you upgrade from, what card and how much of a difference?

I am getting amazing performance on 7 pro with my 660 and i just dont think paying $110 to upgrade to 8.1 will have that much of an impact on my performance, not $110 worth.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I hope the PS4 release is a bit smoother than PC's

smr00

Banned
I hope the PS4 release is a bit smoother than PC's
I don't know how bad BF4 was before yesterday but since i got it yesterday i have only had 2 freeze ups out of like 10 games and 1 was single player.

Having a much smoother experience with this than i did BF3 which i bought like 2 weeks after launch.

Bor

Neo Member
i enjoyed the singleplayer alot more than bf3. Story is non existant tho ( or i just didnt get it ? )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom