• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sethos

Banned
Be brutally honest with me GAF:

Is the single player better than BF3's?

I think so, much better. BF3's campaign is the worst FPS campaign I've played in my entire life. Dreary, dreadful piece of shit. Battlefield 4's campaign is quite enjoyable with mild freedom of choice, weapon crates, beautiful engine and excellent sounds. Definitely worth a playthrough for the "wow!" effect on some levels and situations.

Enkidu

I played a few rounds just now and finally unlocked the defib at the end of the match. I didn't have much time to use it but I noticed that my squad revives only gave 20 points. Is this some weird server setting or did they really nerf reviving?

watchdog

I keep playing this game hoping that it'll finally "click" for me and I'll start enjoying it. But it just feels so janky and "loose." The gameplay doesn't feel tight like BF3. I know some people might say, "Well, the game just came out. Give them some time to tweak it." I understand that but they had BF3 tuned so well, IMO. Why couldn't they at least hit that quality? I'm just frustrated cause I really enjoy the BF franchise and want to like this one too. But all the problems it has is keeping me from doing so. :(

RS4-

Feels bad, about to defib a team mate but enemy appears last second and is between me and said mate, end up reviving him instead of killing the guy.

Anyone know if defib is one hit kill like previous games?

edit - nm, watched a vid, does look like one hit does kill.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Just spent a whole rush match on Zavod as support with the LSAT. I have a thermal scope and was constantly throwing down smoke to shoot people through and advance to the MCOM, lol. Very useful in small corridors.

Bailers

Yeah those attack boats really need to be toned down a whole lot. Someone on my team on Paracel Storm just went 43-1 in an attack boat.

And turn up the heatseaker damage on helos. If I hit the other chopper with two in a row, that should be a kill, not give them 10 seconds to restart their rotor and fly away.

Feels bad, about to defib a team mate but enemy appears last second and is between me and said mate, end up reviving him instead of killing the guy.

On a full charge, yes, not sure about partial charges.

You have to charge up the defibs now, if you just click them the person revived comes back with 20 health and you get 20 points, you can however fully charge them so you get 100 points and the dude comes back with 100 health. Nice change imo + you cant revive poeple that just got revived and died again really counters the stupid medic train from bf3
I've found the safer way to do it if you are in a fight is hit them quick, take the 20 points, and then drop a health pack or med kit next to them. That way your gun isn't down for so long.

Bor

Neo Member
I played a few rounds just now and finally unlocked the defib at the end of the match. I didn't have much time to use it but I noticed that my squad revives only gave 20 points. Is this some weird server setting or did they really nerf reviving?

You have to charge up the defibs now, if you just click them the person revived comes back with 20 health and you get 20 points, you can however fully charge them so you get 100 points and the dude comes back with 100 health. Nice change imo + you cant revive poeple that just got revived and died again really counters the stupid medic train from bf3

Facism

Be brutally honest with me GAF:

Is the single player better than BF3's?

One is a solid chunk of shit, the other is a Guiness shit.

Wish they tried something more than CoD-lite with their single player. Actually, I wish they wouldn't bother and use that budget for more good multiplayer maps.

Enkidu

How do I charge it then? Just hold down the left mouse button?

Wish they tried something more than CoD-lite with their single player. Actually, I wish they wouldn't bother and use that budget for more good multiplayer maps.

Or use the budget for more QA and bug fixes....

smr00

Banned
How long does it take for premium to go into effect on battle log? Cause i bought it via GMG and redeemed the code like 5 minutes ago.

Divus

edit - nm, watched a vid, does look like one hit does kill.

Yeah I've killed a few people without using a full charge so far. I do let it get a small one before I do it, mostly for the lols and no other reason.

Bor

Neo Member
I've found the safer way to do it if you are in a fight is hit them quick, take the 20 points, and then drop a health pack or med kit next to them. That way your gun isn't down for so long.

Yeah, i only charge up if they died in a bad spot so they at least got a chance to get up and run back to cover

JackHerer

Why are there only 4 or 5 servers that actually have a decent amount of people playing?

It's pretty frustrating to have so few choices. I just stopped playing because the choices I had were to either play on an extremely vehicle dominant map or to play an only infantry map that had way way too many people playing for the size of the map. Gameplay consisted of two teams at either end of a hallway shooting at each other from behind cover while people tossed as many grenades as they could.

Maybe I'm missing something but the online multiplayer seems to be very poorly regulated. Are there not any official servers with predetermined game types?

Bor

Neo Member
Anyone played on the Mordor Classic server yet? I played a few rounds yesterday and it was seriously the most fun i had with this game yet. No 3d spotting + squadleader spawning (makes flags more important) just made the gameplay so much more fun to me. Only gripe was the magpool stuff but eh just got to harass supports a bit more

Toa TAK

Banned
I think so, much better. BF3's campaign is the worst FPS campaign I've played in my entire life. Dreary, dreadful piece of shit. Battlefield 4's campaign is quite enjoyable with mild freedom of choice, weapon crates, beautiful engine and excellent sounds. Definitely worth a playthrough for the "wow!" effect on some levels and situations.

Nope because there was at least one enjoyable mission in BF3.
No there wasn't, even the tank level got old.
There's no need to worry about story here. Treat it as an arcade game with the goal of unlocking guns for MP.

So give it a play through and never look back on it? Even for achievements?

Sounds like a BF3. =(

Bombless

Good lord, the lock-on whining is now in full force. So much whine on the official servers. "THE MBT LAW IS OVERPOWERED PLS NERF DICE".

I really hope DICE doesn't react to that bullshit.

Edit : On solo campaigns : I thought BF3 was meh, BF4 was even worse. I cared more about Dima than the BF4 characters. I wanted to punch Irish so hard.

That being said, the Plane mission in BF3, while completely on rails, was the most mindblowing experience. Them amazing graphics. Makes me wish for the Oculus Rift. BF4 had nothing of that caliber (imo). I did enjoy being able to try a myriad different weapons however.

GodofWine

Why are there only 4 or 5 servers that actually have a decent amount of people playing?

It's pretty frustrating to have so few choices. I just stopped playing because the choices I had were to either play on an extremely vehicle dominant map or to play an only infantry map that had way way too many people playing for the size of the map. Gameplay consisted of two teams at either end of a hallway shooting at each other from behind cover while people tossed as many grenades as they could.

Maybe I'm missing something but the online multiplayer seems to be very poorly regulated. Are there not any official servers with predetermined game types?

I want to hear feedback on this, and playing with friends, BF3 seemed to only show you a sampling of servers (or there were only 400 people online, which I doubt), and it was a bit of an effort to group up with friends.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

Oh Sethos, if BF3s campaign is the worst FPS campaign you've ever played you're a very lucky person. (and I'm not giving BF3s any slack, its campaign was shite)

Crisco

Banned
Pulled off my first counter-knife today. That shit is hilarious, can you counter a counter or do you just have to hope the dude's reaction time sucks?

xclaw

Is there no way to create a party on console? I can only see how to join friends that are in game.. no way to send them a party invite prior to starting a game.

Grief.exe

Is there no way to create a party on console? I can only see how to join friends that are in game.. no way to send them a party invite prior to starting a game.

People were complaining about that earlier in the thread, so I guess they haven't added in a party system yet, or don't intend to at all.

RoKKeR

I've looked for/tried everything and haven't found a solution. Your best bet is just to join a server with some open spots through Battlelog and have your buddies all join up while your loading the match. It works well enough but it's pretty embarrassing that DICE hasn't implemented a working party feature in this game, especially when they at least tried in BF3 and BC2.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Just got a 200% EXP boost, hmm what guns should I level with it. I have most of the DMRs left and a good bit of assault rifles.

Grief.exe

Same way I watch a Transformers movie. Expect nothing, question nothing, and just enjoy the explosions.

Its just a matter of semantics at this point, I treat movies as throwaway entertainment since they are very cheap and very short, comparatively.

Buying a $60 game for a garbage single player campaign that drags on the experience for considerably longer isn't exactly the definition of throwaway.

If I'm going to play a single player FPS, there are still so many of the best, linear, shooter games of all time that I haven't played yet.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I
Buying a $60 game for a garbage single player campaign that drags on the experience for considerably longer isn't exactly the definition of throwaway.

Didn't buy it for the singleplayer. Singleplayer in bf is basically a layer of icing you don't like that you scrape off before eathing the cake, which is the multiplayer. You still buy the cake with the icing you don't like because that is the only way you can get that cake.

Grief.exe

Didn't buy it for the singleplayer. Singleplayer in bf is basically a layer of icing you don't like that you scrape off before eathing the cake, which is the multiplayer. You still buy the cake with the icing you don't like because that is the only way you can get that cake.

More like a layer of mold.

Crisco

Banned
I played the first two single player missions and never touched it again. I wish I could delete it from my hard drive. I'm a goddamn adult, I don't have time to waste on that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom