• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried Mortars, even with the Mortar spamming bug I got so few kills. Just doesn't seem effective.

That's what the "mortar truck" is for. I freakin love that thing. Seems that every time I get into it though, I become a massive target. No matter where I am on the map. Even if I'm deep within friendly territory. Enemies find me...

What did you upgrade from, what card and how much of a difference?

I am getting amazing performance on 7 pro with my 660 and i just dont think paying $110 to upgrade to 8.1 will have that much of an impact on my performance, not $110 worth.

I had Win7 Home Premium 64 bit.

i5-3570K @ 4.1 GHz
GTX 780 stock
8 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

I was getting around 43 FPS in big battles and 58-61 in corridors and tiny maps. My settings were everything ultra, 100% scaling (so native 1080p), 120 FOV, motion blur at max, and I had no AA of any kind. I had "unparked" my cores and was still experiencing some crazy drops at times.

Once I grabbed 8 Pro and updated to 8.1 Pro and did some registry changes/edits to meet my needs, I started playing. I am running everything the same settings with AA now at a silky smooth 60 everywhere, and I could probably get a little more eye candy if I wanted.

Lyonaz

It's bullshit single player campaign unlocks weapons. If it wasn't for that damn P90 I would've never bothered with the campaign, but I must say it wasn't that bad.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I tried Mortars, even with the Mortar spamming bug I got so few kills. Just doesn't seem effective.

Have to aim for the guys standing still, pretty much. Takes about 2 to kill someone. Don't shoot it as fast as you can, wait for the reticule to close all the way again.

It's bullshit single player campaign unlocks weapons. If it wasn't for that damn P90 I would've never bothered with the campaign, but I must say it wasn't that bad.

Wait, SP can unlock MP stuff? I played through it in like 4 hours on easy. Was that all I had to do?

Sethos

Banned
Have to aim for the guys standing still, pretty much. Takes about 2 to kill someone. Don't shoot it as fast as you can, wait for the reticule to close all the way again.

Well yeah, obviously but that really doesn't always work. I've planted shells right on top of people and nothing. 2 Shells and people are already long gone. It's just shit, I'll stick to C4 which has already netted me quite a few awesome kills.

Afro

Just have to say the storm in Paracel Storm is one of the coolest things I've experienced in a video game, ever. When you're in an intense, neck and neck Domination match and that first ginormous "boom" of thunder hits and the wind gradually increases until you can barely hear or see anything. That single moment has to be the peak of FPS for me and that's only on the PS3. Congrats to DICE and the sound team.

Spl1nter

Mortar sounds pretty similar to bf3 than if it takes two shells to kill usually. Maybe it has a slightly bigger radius.

Thinking about putting together some guide videos for the vehicles. I have everything unlocked except for anti-air and 300 more points in stealth jet for active radar missiles.

Is there something anyone wants to see? I will probably go through all the different attack jet secondaries first.

Ocho

Mortar sounds pretty similar to bf3 than if it takes two shells to kill usually. Maybe it has a slightly bigger radius.

Thinking about putting together some guide videos for the vehicles. I have everything unlocked except for anti-air and 300 more points in stealth jet for active radar missiles.

Is there something anyone wants to see? I will probably go through all the different attack jet secondaries first.

Planes. I suck at those.

Lyonaz

Wait, SP can unlock MP stuff? I played through it in like 4 hours on easy. Was that all I had to do?

These are the unlocks in campaign.

- M412 REX (Complete Baku)
- Shank (Complete Kunlun Mountains)
- Machete (Complete Tashgar)
- QBZ-95-1
- P90
- M249

The last three are for the last level, but you can only unlock 1 when you do it, so you need to do that level 3 times for everything.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
If you do, make a transcription and time-stamp it on Youtube for me, yeah?
--

Campaign (yes, yes) spoiler:
Dima is from Battlefield 3. Like I thought. Tied into that Russian Group at Seine/French Stock Exchange.

So Battlefield 3's story->4's.

antitrop

Just have to say the storm in Paracel Storm is one of the coolest things I've experienced in a video game, ever. When you're in an intense, neck and neck Domination match and that first ginormous "boom" of thunder hits and the wind gradually increases until you can barely hear or see anything. That single moment has to be the peak of FPS for me and that's only on the PS3. Congrats to DICE and the sound team.

It's as incredible as you can imagine on PC.

Just finished a match on there a few minutes ago, absolutely magnificent experience. Conquest Large, we were losing the entire round and just managed to snag a victory from the jaws of defeat with like 40 tickets left.

Keasar

Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash.

That sums up my last 20 rounds. :p

Sethos

Banned
Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash. Crash.

Yeah, driving takes skill.

( :p )

HelloMeow

This has got to be the most ridiculous piece of gameplay I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing.

Look at my health and at the weapon he is using.

iLWO7R0DBdjSH.gif

Man, its baffling to me. The beta ran so good compared to this.

I have the most terrible luck with these battlepacks.

Level 18.

All these fucking silencers on guns I'm never going to use.

A whopping six 25% XP boosts.

Fuck me sideways

Kabuto

I had Win7 Home Premium 64 bit.

i5-3570K @ 4.1 GHz
GTX 780 stock
8 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

I was getting around 43 FPS in big battles and 58-61 in corridors and tiny maps. My settings were everything ultra, 100% scaling (so native 1080p), 120 FOV, motion blur at max, and I had no AA of any kind. I had "unparked" my cores and was still experiencing some crazy drops at times.

Once I grabbed 8 Pro and updated to 8.1 Pro and did some registry changes/edits to meet my needs, I started playing. I am running everything the same settings with AA now at a silky smooth 60 everywhere, and I could probably get a little more eye candy if I wanted.

you're making me so hyped to install Windows 8/8.1! I have a 680 and am having the exact same problems you said you were having. I won't be able to install it until tomorrow but can't wait for the performance upgrades!

are you still crashing though or have they stopped?

On PC if you leave, quit or your game crashes your progress is saved and applied when the round ends. However if you join back it resets the stats gained from the start of the match. If the server crashes it's all lost and everyone rages.

Hmmm, is this feature applicable to the consoles as well? I assume not.

manhack

This has got to be the most ridiculous piece of gameplay I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing.

iLWO7R0DBdjSH.gif

Looks like you missed him a lot and takes a couple body shots to kill. Meanwhile he must of headshotted you.

you're making me so hyped to install Windows 8/8.1! I have a 680 and am having the exact same problems you said you were having. I won't be able to install it until tomorrow but can't wait for the performance upgrades!

are you still crashing though or have they stopped?

I wasn't expierencing crashes after the first few days on windows 7. I think I fixed the Win8 crashes with punkbuster too. I am hoping that I won't get that anymore.

Seanspeed

Banned

iLWO7R0DBdjSH.gif
While that might be bullshit, I think a lot of people that get upset over how quickly they get killed completely ignore the possibility of a headshot. Especially ducked down like that.

antitrop

While that might be bullshit, I think a lot of people that get upset over how quickly they get killed completely ignore the possibility of a headshot. Especially ducked down like that.

Counter-Strike is still the best online shooter of all time, because at least they tell you if you get shot in the head.

TheSeks

Counter-Strike is still the best online shooter of all time, because at least they tell you if you get shot in the head.

Eh, I think it's pretty easy to tell if you get a headshot here. It's just the netcode right now that is making shit impossible to tell due to the Halo 3 "assault->melee we both die" syndrome.

That handgun takes 2 shots to the head to kill in vanilla, maybe if he was playing hardcore.

Leb

Ok it's ONLY Shanghai that's crashing on me. All other maps are fine

I like how taking down C in Shanghai still crashes 3/4 of the server a full week after the game was released. Seems like that's the very definition of an easily replicable show-stopper bug...

Overdoziz

Banned
If only the killfeed displayed people getting headshots like in BF3. And if only the killfeed messages didn't disappear within half a second.

HelloMeow

It doesn't really matter if it was a headshot or not. A headshot with the P226 does max. 57 damage.

One frame I had 100% and the next I was dead.

Pandemic

I'm still struggling to figure out why my framerate drops to something like 10.. Any ideas why?

My specs are,
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 680 OC 4GB
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K
RAM: Corsair Vengeance CML16GX3M2A1600C10 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3
MOBO: MSI Z77 MPOWER Motherboard

And everything is up to date. I tried ultra settings, high and medium yet nothing works.

Cheers.

moonbox

Banned
It doesn't really matter if it was a headshot or not. A headshot with the P226 does max. 57 damage.

I've experienced the same thing a few times now, and on the odd occasion I have died for apparently no reason. No mines, no grenades, and no weapons highlighted as the cause of my death, and the person 'responsible being behind multiple walls some distance away, running around, not even perched with a sniper. Had one game where a guy was running through walls, killing people, and running off through other walls (Xbox 360).

Not sure what the deal is really. :/

wumpy

Banned

it couldve been 2 quick shots from him, or a stray grenade / bullet damaged you and this guy finished you off

TheSeks

Greenland is hilarious.

Irish: WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?
Greenland (after cursing up a storm and calling us fuckheads): Watch your language with me, Mister.

Rudelord

Please tell me the other DMRs are significantly better than the first one.

The SKS is serviceable because it has a fairly high refire time by comparison, but you'll still get shredded by ARs.

on an unrelated note, being 2nd in the world for stealth jet kills on PC feels like a hollow victory considering how truly awful they are, christ the F-35 is awful.

Almost two weeks after launch and still no patch.

And pretty much unplayable for me in its current state. The sound loss on Golmud and Lancang take any enjoyment out of either, and the crashes on Shanghai means I haven't touched it other than the first and only time I played it outside of beta. I don't enjoy playing an otherwise stable round on any other map if the game is going to crash at the end of the match while loading the next map, which it does nearly every time. The campaign (for the unlocks) also crashes immediately after loading the 6th mission. I can't finish it.

Absolutely pathetic support, but what else should I expect from EA and DICE? At least it's not like BF1942 in which that game was unplayable for nearly the entire first month of release--yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom