• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
We don't know if DLC will be region locked, if it's like BF3: Yeah, you need the same region. IIRC JJD in Brazil or Fersis in Argentina bought premium from the US and that worked fine, but don't quote me on that.

Guesong

Well, this is the third time tonight I'll be unlocking the RDS for the first carbine.

And I'll have to unlock it again another day cause this keeps crashing. I've been playing fine the other days but tonight...it's a mess. Buggiest game release I've seen in a while.

a916

How's the new server update doing? I played a couple matches (crashed both) and it seems the hit detection was downright non-existent in a lot of instances. My ping was sub 40 though.

CatPee

Well, this is the third time tonight I'll be unlocking the RDS for the first carbine.

And I'll have to unlock it again another day cause this keeps crashing. I've been playing fine the other days but tonight...it's a mess. Buggiest game release I've seen in a while.

Stop joining the same server again and again after crashing. Your stats are saved as long as it's a client-side crash rather than a server one, which hasn't happened to me since R6.

TheSeks

Stop joining the same server again and again after crashing. Your stats are saved as long as it's a client-side crash rather than a server one, which hasn't happened to me since R6.

Really? You don't get kicked with a "SERVER FULL" error message when servers are full and you're in said full server?

Woo-Fu

Banned
I knocked down enough full helicopters with the mobile AA today to get marked HVT and they sent a full squad of C4 after me finally. So much fun when things work.

Are they fucking joking with no party system on consoles? I mean really?
What's this now? Just played some Ghosts and that game blows, this may be a bitch to play with a group of friends like a lot of the Battlefields. I'm going to have to try Killzone if that's the case.

Grief.exe

What's this now? Just played some Ghosts and that game blows, this may be a bitch to play with a group of friends like a lot of the Battlefields. I'm going to have to try Killzone if that's the case.

We don't know about next-gen yet, but the party system isn't in place on current-gen apparently.

Corsick

So I finally finished downloading and installing BF 4 after deciding to take the plunge, and the first thing I'm greeted with is a rainbow flickering which is making it unplayable. Frame rate is fine, but the flickering is just crazy. My temps aren't getting over 62c and I have Nvidia 331.58 drivers installed. I have 3570k/660/16 gigs of ram. This is the only game I've had any graphical error on since I've built this PC in January. Anyone experience this? it's completely isolated to BF 4.

TheSeks

:lol @ getting called a fucknut for getting in the pilot seat while the tank pilot is repairing the tank.

And then loses the attack round because he won't push up and instead just drives around to try to get points.

Oh, Battlefield.

Haven't really played for a couple days, sounds like I am avoiding some Punkbuster shenanigans. Getting the urge to play tonight though, I'm scared.

Hahahahaha, I spoke too soon. First game I joined, kicked by punk buster. So sad DICE, so sad. But I still love you.

Corsick

I just got a picture uploaded, and this is what my game looks like right now.

yrD3o6w.png

Dem pretty trees.

Guesong

Oh ye of little faith. I switched servers after every crash! Why would I be an idiot?

Though I believe only one time I got the Disconnect message, the other times it was a game crash. Yet after each of them, I couldn't use the RDS despite having it unlocked before.

Oh well. It is of no matter, it's just annoying.

Also, I love my emblem. Surprised quite a few people recognized it so far!

2955057441053995561.png

TheSeks

Oh ye of little faith. I switched servers after every crash! Why would I be an idiot?

Though I believe only one time I got the Disconnect message, the other times it was a game crash. Yet after each of them, I couldn't use the RDS despite having it unlocked before.

You can't rejoin servers once you crash to desktop. You have to wait the 5-45mins for the round to be over. Yes, it sucks.

Also, I love my emblem. Surprised quite a few people recognized it so far!

2955057441053995561.png

R2IzY2z.jpg

boy it sure would be nice if wasn't on a fucking trash team of degenerate mongrels for once

in bf3 you could get by on your own but with field upgrades and shit you're fucked in bf4 vs stacked teams

gg dice

I can't understand these fucking crashes.

I crash out of almost every single fucking match I'm in.

It really is bullshit. I've deleted and reinstalled twice so far.
For all those that still crash you might want to try running the x86 executable instead of the x64. I don't know how it will affect performance when you play on really high resolutions but for me it solved most of the crash issues I've had. Of course server crashes still happen but there is nothing we can do about those.

Just go to Origin, right click on BF4, select game properties and choose the x86 exe.

Grief.exe

Try the famas, it's even better :D

I have trouble believing the Famas is as good as the AEK at mid/far ranges.

The AEK is just dirty with the right handling.

I did use the ACE 23 a bit tonight, which is the best 'all-around' gun right now, kind of like the M16 in BF3. It handled very well, TTK was noticeably higher than the AEK, but I liked the gun overall.

leng jai

Still debating on whether to get this for PS4 or PC.

How much worse does this run than BF3? That runs very well on my machine at 1080p with a mixture of high and ultra settings:

12GB RAM
GTX580

Never really dipped below 40fps.

How much worse does this run than BF3? That runs very well on my machine at 1080p with a mixture of high and ultra settings:

12GB RAM
GTX580

It will look and play better on PC than on the PlayStation for sure.

Seanspeed

Banned

12GB RAM
GTX580

You should be fine on the PC. It doesn't run quite as well as BF3, but not much worse, surprisingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom