• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I wish I had shadowplay on my 290x... some of the footage today would have been epic.

I was getting frustrated with various gamemodes so I hopped into conquest 64 and became a "terrorist"

I took recon, strapped c4 to the front of quads and start running around the server screaming ALLAH AKBAR in chat and on the mic. I ended up leading my team in kills only doing suicide runs on quads. So much fun. Took out a full MRP, a landed helo and a few tanks and IFVs.

Also, M40a5 with Green laser and Acog is my new favorite weapon. Silenced M9 as backup with motion and C4 = godlike solo class.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I do three C4 just to make sure. That BF3 habit. D:

For some reason LAV only takes 90 damage from 2 c4, tank is destroyed by 2 c4.

This appears to be due to reactive armor. Also I've had better luck putting the C4 directly on the front of the Quad to get it closer. I always put three because it's always a suicide run, might as well use what you got :)

MisterM

How many MBT LAW shots should it take to down the average tank?

When I hit I usually get 21 points, can I assume that this means I've done 21points of damage and that it will take 5x hits to down a full 100HP tank?

So I finally finished downloading and installing BF 4 after deciding to take the plunge, and the first thing I'm greeted with is a rainbow flickering which is making it unplayable. Frame rate is fine, but the flickering is just crazy. My temps aren't getting over 62c and I have Nvidia 331.58 drivers installed. I have 3570k/660/16 gigs of ram. This is the only game I've had any graphical error on since I've built this PC in January. Anyone experience this? it's completely isolated to BF 4.

It's a known driver issue. Update to the latest ones and it'll be fixed.

Spl1nter

When I hit I usually get 21 points, can I assume that this means I've done 21points of damage and that it will take 5x hits to down a full 100HP tank?

That is correct. The law sucks.

Yup, assuming they don't move out of range and start to heal..

Get the RPG and hit em from the back, the law does the same damage regardless of angle.

That's why those LAW's are junk. They're idiot-proof to shoot, but don't do enough damage.

is it bad that i might double dip and play this primarily on ps4 because I think it'll fix most of the PC bs?

PC will be the definitive version soon I'm sure, but I'm thinking there will be considerably less crashes and errors on next gen platforms

antitrop

is it bad that i might double dip and play this primarily on ps4 because I think it'll fix most of the PC bs?

PC will be the definitive version soon I'm sure, but I'm thinking there will be considerably less crashes and errors on next gen platforms

I think that's fairly reasonable, if you can afford it (i.e., you won't be passing on another game to double dip). I've done similar things in the past.

Bombless

That's why those LAW's are junk. They're idiot-proof to shoot, but don't do enough damage.

Funny thing, there was a NERF MBT LAW thread on the official forums. The reasoning is the low reload time and constant damage makes it's dps superior in most situations compared to dumbfire launchers while still being able to lock on lazed targets and being easier to hit with in general.

It isn't false, but that thought considers you keep firing on that tank without moving, which greatly lowers your life expectation. It doesn't work like that ingame.

aranth

Tanks in hardcore are quite op, if you play it safe and don't throw away assets. Sabot + HMG.

reportr2y8g.png

TheSeks

XM25 Smoke's ... smoke... isn't that good. It's actually pretty underwhelming. I thought it was going to be the Support's M320 Smoke to help Assaults and Smoke Grenade Recon/Engineers out in Rush but it's basically a fart. :/

Facism

It's there, it's just the most underwhelming looking one. Search for that then.

Explosions and their pesky hit detection...

a 3rd of the time where i've planted 2 c4 ont he back of a MBt and only had a mobility hit has forced me to use 3 c4 until a time where dice sorts things out :p

Grief.exe

There is already considerable amounts of crashes on current-gen consoles as well. Dice will be rushing the next-gen versions out the door, who knows how bad they will be.

Looks like the patches are going to be synced to the console approval process again. I hate EA.

This game in less than a year time would have really been something amazing. I read that EA pushed this game out the door to beat Ghosts to market. Not only that... but for dice to have this many versions being developed simultaneously has to be a huge hit on resources and manpower. I feel like the nextgen versions will be more stable and solid because I can almost gurantee they had the most development effort. There's no reason some of these bugs made it through QA

Grief.exe

This game in less than a year time would have really been something amazing. I read that EA pushed this game out the door to beat Ghosts to market. Not only that... but for dice to have this many versions being developed simultaneously has to be a huge hit on resources and manpower. I feel like the nextgen versions will be more stable and solid because I can almost gurantee they had the most development effort. There's no reason some of these bugs made it through QA

Why would you think the versions that will have the lowest sales numbers and the lowest user base would have the most attention?

The early release really helped them on PC. Ghosts has barely cracked 30,000 concurrent while BOII was over 70,000 during launch week. I tend to believe that PC players are generally better consumers than their console counter parts though.

Why would you think the versions that will have the lowest sales numbers and the lowest user base would have the most attention?

Because of microsoft pushing for an exclusive DLC deal with dice partly... and because "first impressions" are so big for launch titles that I'm sure some money hatting went on behind the scenes.

vixlar

XM25 Smoke's ... smoke... isn't that good. It's actually pretty underwhelming. I thought it was going to be the Support's M320 Smoke to help Assaults and Smoke Grenade Recon/Engineers out in Rush but it's basically a fart. :/

But, can't you create a mega smoke curtain launching all the charges? I still haven't unlocked it, so I'm not sure how it works.

TheSeks

But, can't you create a mega smoke curtain launching all the charges? I still haven't unlocked it, so I'm not sure how it works.

Not from what I can see. Unless someone has unlocked it's secret and teach me it's ways, I'm underwhelmed. I throw five smoke XM25's at an area and it doesn't completely fog the area.

vixlar

Not from what I can see. Unless someone has unlocked it's secret and teach me it's ways, I'm underwhelmed. I throw five smoke XM25's at an area and it doesn't completely fog the area.

Oh, that's a shame. I wanted to create those consfusing smoke screens like UAV in BC2

I don't get how the field upgrades work, I've unlocked the anti-tank one and it says at level 2 you get 7 rockets, but I only have 5.
Do I have to keep playing with anti-tank to unlock all the levels within that kit or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom