• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

a916

How does unlocking the IRNV work?

It's says unlocked via a battlepack. But in the unlock section, that weapon says a battlepack unlocks at 210, 260, 310, 360, 410, 460, 510 kills.

Am I going to get the IRNV in one of those weapon battlepacks or is that not a guarantee?

NIN90

How does unlocking the IRNV work?

It's says unlocked via a battlepack. But in the unlock section, that weapon says a battlepack unlocks at 210, 260, 310, 360, 410, 460, 510 kills.

Am I going to get the IRNV in one of those weapon battlepacks or is that not a guarantee?

Either in one of those or randomnly in a regular Battlepack granted through ranking up.

Keasar

Step #1: Drop Mortar Tube.
Step #2: Run to cover a short distance away.
Step #3: Drop ammo box
Step #4: Use the remote mortar
Step #5-Infinity: Place a new mortar next to the old one instead of waiting for the first to replenish ammo.

The ammo crate will give you a new mortar faster than you place a new and fire all the ammo.
Similar fun trick. Get the Indirect Fire kit for the support. Get to level 4. Get a Scout Helicopter and 2 Engineers on the side seats. They can now fire rockets and throw grenades as much as they want since they recharge ammo a lot faster than they can spend it. We tried it and we just flied around and shot everything from tanks to helicopters. And if you get damaged, the engineers can get you instantly back up and running.

maneil99

That is literally the exact opposite from the impressions that I have heard come from that game.

Launch week for BOII is showing 55-65k concurrent users

http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&jstime=1&appid=202990&from=1351749600000&to=End+Time

I'm going to take some non downsamepled screens and post them in the steam OT. Like I said, there is that site that states BO2 beat Ghosts and then there is another site in the Ghosts OT that had Ghosts at 5k above BO2 MP.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That's the point of the commander though. If you were still invisible his abilities would be worth squat.

So... you're basically repeating what I said? That silencers are pointless with COMMANDER IS ONLINE?

Okay. Thanks for repeating it, I guess?

wrongway

Infantry scan has very limited uptime, and UAVs have a very limited area *and* can be countered by your own commander's EMP UAV.

Silencers are great.

Facism

holy shit active radar missiles are hilarious. No locktone until they're about to hit, first one always hits for mobility.

You can lock down airtraffic on wankbank Dam so easily with the mobile AA

HelloMeow

Just played BF3. It made me sad. It just much more consistent and playable and that means a lot.

Got a nice clip too.

ikSs2lBcP9txn.gif

heavy barrel seems better to me, especially with a gun like the scar which drops people quickly

ive tried the silencer with the m416 and the thing's a peashooter

You might as well play without the heavy barrel. The spread it reduces is replaced by recoil, so you'll end up burst firing at least as much. It doesn't help at close range and kind of forces you to burst fire more at longer ranges.
The suppressor does not affect bullet damage, range or spread. Just bullet velocity. Not showing up on radar, or making any loud noises is a real advantage in this game. You do get spotted by other players and the commander sometimes. Not all the time.

wrongway

so is everyone's k/d ratio much lower then what they had in bf3

Mine's a bit lower, yeah. I had ~2.5 in BF3, but for BF4 I had kind of a rough time of it in beta and launch, and was around 1.8. It's been creeping upwards this week though, and I'm just passed 2:1 now. Think I had to shake off the rust of not playing an FPS since BF3 vanilla + Karkand. :x

tsigo

What percentage of players would you guys say actually mark non-vehicle targets? I'd say it's less than 1%. The only time I see orange triangles is when I mark them myself.

im at 2 (well 1.99998) in bf3 but in reality i was around 1.7 until the cqc expansion came out and spas12/p90 domination was possible

1.34 in bf4, certainly doesn't help how revives are much less common now

koryuken

That's the point of the commander though. If you were still invisible his abilities would be worth squat.

You are still invisible if you are a Recon player with the Spec Ops field upgrade :) My spec ops kit with a silenced ACW-R does really well at camping objectives and sabotaging enemy tanks! Also, planting the radio beacon can easily turn the tide of battle. Did i mention that I love Spec Ops?

Tabby

You know what makes me sad?
That all of the 13 year old COD try hards are now moving over the Battlefield, how do they even get machines capable of playing this?
The last few games were filled with comments like "lucker" "f*** ur mom".
My last game looked like this:

"lucky camping slut"
"lucker"
"b****"
"p**** from behind suck my d***"
And, well you get the point; this just turns me off from playing it.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
holy shit active radar missiles are hilarious. No locktone until they're about to hit, first one always hits for mobility.

You can lock down airtraffic on wankbank Dam so easily with the mobile AA

Yup. Had some people complaining in a game I was using them in. Pretty OP lol.

Remmy2112

So... you're basically repeating what I said? That silencers are pointless with COMMANDER IS ONLINE?

Okay. Thanks for repeating it, I guess?

Silencers are not useless, even with commanders around. Keeping off the minimap is just one function of them. Surprise surprise, they also muffle your gun sounds and muzzle flash making it harder for enemies to tell where their buddies are getting shot from. It is invaluable when flanking and more so on maps which feature multiple levels. Plus you are overestimating the number of people that actually look at the Doritos on their mini map. I can't tell you how many enemies I have personally homed in because I heard their weapons or saw their muzzle flashes.

is it too early to wax nostalgic about bf3's idiosyncrasies yet

i miss dazzling laser sights, driver proximity scans and ultra bright flashlight

koryuken

You might as well play without the heavy barrel. The spread it reduces is replaced by recoil, so you'll end up burst firing at least as much. It doesn't help at close range and kind of forces you to burst fire more at longer ranges.
The suppressor does not affect bullet damage, range or spread. Just bullet velocity. Not showing up on radar, or making any loud noises is a real advantage in this game. You do get spotted by other players and the commander sometimes. Not all the time.

This is true -- suppressors are awesome.

You know what makes me sad?
That all of the 13 year old COD try hards are now moving over the Battlefield, how do they even get machines capable of playing this?
The last few games were filled with comments like "lucker" "f*** ur mom".
My last game looked like this:

"lucky camping slut"
"lucker"
"b****"
"p**** from behind suck my d***"
And, well you get the point; this just turns me off from playing it.

Really? People's tears make victory that much sweeter for me.

Sethos

Banned
Another thing that never gets old, when a pilot that already knows you are there decides to risk some slow-ass descend to drop off players.

gHgFRN9.gif

Sethos

Banned
Holy fuck. Being in some tight, tiny cover in an epic shootout and then teammates spawns on you, blocks your ass and starts moving you around. Load of fucking epic bullshit that will make even Ghandi rage.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Be in a positive KDR round for once, game freezes.

SMH.

Leb

BF3 GIF

Also, hoping this mess of a game gets fixed

It's too bad, really. I think BF4 is an improvement over BF3 in virtually every way, save for the crippling instability that makes it rather difficult to enjoy it for any period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom