• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Vietnam 1.2 patch it out!

Nice, thanks for the heads up!

BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM RULZ!!!

That new truck is awesome. 3 new maps, one with heavy tunnel combat! And, a bunch of new vehicles...can't wait to play this.

Just played Saigon a good deal and wow, that is one kickass map. That one featured the tunnel and blown up city. Its instantly catapulted to one of my very favorites, the only one that I like more is Cambodian Invasion. Saigon really forces you to have infantry combat. Had some great shootouts with people in the sewers, lots of variations. Great to be a mine layer down there, and that machine gun they carry is murder in close quarters.

That new truck is AWESOME! I got in with an other guy and zoomed down the roadways while a GI helicopter was shooting after us. It reminded me of COD, but it was unscripted. :D

Vlad, never heard of a demo being made. Doom and I are of the minority that BFV is great though. I highly recommend it.

Vlad

Biff Hardbody said:
Vlad, never heard of a demo being made. Doom and I are of the minority that BFV is great though. I highly recommend it.

Well, checking the gameplay quality is really only half the purpose of a demo. I'm more concerned if the game will even run well (if at all) on my system. Battlefield 1942 runs ok with everything set to about medium, and from what I've seen, BFV looks quite a bit more detailed.

That, and BF1942 isn't exactly the most polished game in the world, so if I was going to blind buy a PC title, it wouldn't be one by DICE.

What are your specs? If you can only run 1942 with med settings, it probably won't run well for you. But, specs would tell better I suppose.

Gawd damn, these new maps/vehicles rock. I just played Fall Of Saigon, and man is it cool. Great look that hasn't been done in BFV yet, good mix of vehicles and infantry...the new rocket car with controllable missle kicks much arse. Powerful.

Yay for the patch!

Man, all the maps are good. Best patch ever! Cedar Falls has the sick tunnel scene where the shotgun rules much ass (finally!). Fall of Saigon is a great mix of vehicle and jungle warfare, and Saigon 68 is a good mix of both with the city and sewer system.

Sorry to hear that, MAF. Check out the patch if you have the time.

Top Bottom