• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beach Spikers NAOMI 2 vs Beach Spikers Gamecube ?

doncale

Banned
I just acquired Beach Spikers but haven't tried it yet. plus I've never seen the NAOMI 2 arcade version except for screenshots and arcade flyers on the net. what are the main graphical differences between the two versions? I am guessing that the original N2 arcade version is better in a few areas (lighting probably?) and the newer GC version is better in some other areas. (textures maybe?)

I'd like as many opinions as possible :)

Deg

Banned
Well for a gc game it could have looked better. The game is good fun although not special. Mutliplayer mode is your best bet.

Sho Nuff

Banned
5.jpg

"No, the correct answer is, who gives a sheet?"

snapty00

Banned
The arcade version is pretty much better in every respect. I can't think of any areas where the GameCube version looked better or even exactly the same.

jarrod

Banned
The port's suppossed to be pretty close (closer than VF4/Evo or Initial D on PS2) but the Naomi 2 version has noticably better deformable sand.

ge-man

I asked the question before in another thread about Sega arcade ports, and Mazorya thought it was pretty close with the main exception being lighting and textures. I've seen some blurry screenshots of the arcade game at System16, but you can't tell what the hell is going on in any kind of detail.

MattCoz

They need to make a sequel to this game, but do it with real AVP players and the full tour. After the success of beach volleyball at the olympics, there's probably a lot of people that would be interested in such a game. Slap May & Walsh on the cover and you've got a hit.

Top Bottom