• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beck Manga Fans - Anime set for this fall (Japan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the latest issue of Monthly Shonen, Studio MADHOUSE has a 26 episode run for Beck starting Fall 2004. No word yet if the series will be self contained (ie: their own ending) or if it has the option for multiple seasons in order to follow the still-ongoing Manga.

(Damn, we need a licensed Beck manga announcement)

Meier

OH MY FUCKING GOD YES YES YRES TYES YEYSDHSJDKSJDHSKJDHSKJDHKSJDHJKS

Only 26 episodes makes me cry though

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
tears_of_joy.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

:D:D:D:D WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Vandiger

I have some doubts in the type of music they'll put in this anime. Either it will be good or just plain suck.

Meier

From mangascreener.com

Happy Beck Anime Adaptation Day
Kodansha announces in the August issue of Monthly Shonen Magazine that Beck is going to be adapted for a TV anime. Discuss in the forums.

CURRENT DETAILS
Director: Osamu Kobayashi (Gadguard, Blue Submarine No. 6)
Character Design: Motonobu Hori (Metropolis, Spirited Away)
Animation: Madhouse Studio (Monster, Paranoia Agent, Tokyo Godfathers)
Length: 26 episodes
Scheduled for: Fall 2004

Vandiger said:
I have some doubts in the type of music they'll put in this anime. Either it will be good or just plain suck.

FWIW, Beck is one of the few manga's with its own soundtrack album. I'm guessing it may have songs similar to that.

Jeez, Beck doesn't even *need* high quality animation/production. It's pretty hard to screw up if they go by the manga. I wonder where they'll stop it at, if they choose to stick to the manga.

Chrono

Banned
wow, Beck is that popular..

::downloads volume 1-18 torrent batch::

I'll read this after Monster which is another 18 volumes. o__O

Chrono

Banned
Luscious LeftFoot said:
Lol... that's exactly what I'm doing, except on already on volume 15 of Monster. It's really good.

Now that I'm d/ling Beck, I quit the Monster torrent. I'll go back to it if I have no anime/manga to watch/read.. or get bored with the anime. :p

Buggy Loop said:
What.... is beck? *dodges thrown chair*

It's a manga. here's a synopsis from here :

Yukio (also called Koyuki) is somewhat of a loser. He's not very popular, athletic or musically talented. In fact his favorite musician is an idol singer.

His life seems to be on an upswing when he gets reacquainted with a childhood friend, Izumi and when he meets Ryusuke, a musician with connections to the very popular American band, Dying Breed.

Through Izumi and Ryusuke, Yukio becomes acquainted with the world of rock music and finds that he loves the Dying Breed. He then aspires to be a musician and begins to learn the guitar. His quick progress with the guitar and his incredible voice earn him a spot in Ryusuke's band, Beck.

You can download the entire manga (vol 1-18) on that same page I linked to. I don't know why the project status doesn't say "complete" though. Maybe there are still several chapters left.

I stil have 4 hours to go on my torrent. Can't wait to see what the fuss is all about. :)

Meier

It doesnt say complete because the series is still running in Japan (at a rate of 1 chapter per month although its bulky enough to be about 3-4 typical chapters)

Mugen

Banned
umm, this might be the wrong place to ask it but does anyone have Blade of the Immortal ch1 to 86 zip? I was dling it but couldn't finish it... someone resume for me lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom