• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk Manga is on it's final phase, it has been announced

Draugoth

Gold Member
Mangaka Kouji Mori, responsible for continuing Berserk after the death of its creator, Kentaro Miura, commented on the planned schedule for the end of the manga.

In a recent interview, Mori spoke a little about the preparations for the big finale, and hinted that the series will not end anytime soon.

The writer stated that the story:

"Is already in its final phase, and should not take more than 10 years".

Recently, Berserk returned from hiatus, beginning the Exile Arc. The 42nd volume of the series was released in Japan last Friday (29/09).

Last edited:

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Will read in full in ten years then. I hate unfinished epics. They have enough material to get the essence of Miura, hell they could train an AI to draw the rough outline there's so much of his drawings.

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Another 10 years

Skeleton Dance Halloween GIF by Squirrel Monkey

Zombie Berserk. Berserk died with Miura and prior to his death it declined in quality rapidly, honestly looks like he wasn't even drawing it anymore.

technically, you are right. he let a lot of the staff in his studio start doing the art in some parts. he even created that short series Duranki mostly to allow his assistants to get more experience working on it. he still did the principal artwork thou. and for the bigger more important panels, he still worked on all the details himself.

RavageX

I'm lazy. Any more news on Berserk? I was pretty disappointed with the last several chapters. I feel like it was losing itself a bit before the creator passed.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
Still excited for it,cautiously optimistic.Its my favourite manga of all time so I'm eager to see it end to have closure even though i know it won't be the same without Miura.
So does that mean another boat ride, then it's over?

I have a feeling that they are gonna to end on a open ended note. I think they will answer most of the remaining questions when it comes to the lore and plot. And I think Griffith/Femto is gonna to die. Before he dies his body is gonna to turn back to what his body was before he sacrificed all his friends in the Abyss and they will end it on that

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
"Is already in its final phase, and should not take more than 10 years".

holy fuck👵

By then Guts will have arthritis.

Last edited:
I'm lazy. Any more news on Berserk? I was pretty disappointed with the last several chapters. I feel like it was losing itself a bit before the creator passed.
The only news lately is that there are two projects (one fan and one official) attempting to animate the arcs after the Golden arc.

The fan project is attempting to continue the beloved 90s anime series and adapt it in a way that makes sense while introducing a pivotal character who was not shown in the original. It already has one episode out on youtube.

The only news lately is that there are two projects (one fan and one official) attempting to animate the arcs after the Golden arc.

The fan project is attempting to continue the beloved 90s anime series and adapt it in a way that makes sense while introducing a pivotal character who was not shown in the original. It already has one episode out on youtube.

wait, an episode already came out? I need to go check it out then.

Madonis

Honestly I don’t think Miura knew how to end his manga…

He probably had a rough outline with highlights and specific scenes in mind.

That's perhaps why Miura likely told his friend Mori about some of them. Still, a lot of plans will always change in the process of writing/drawing the actual book.

On one hand, Mori must feel honored that he's the only person who knew even that much about the ending of Berserk in advance. How many other people can say that?

On the other hand, Mori doesn't know everything. He never could have. The trouble is how to connect the dots and close the gaps in a way that feels satisfying.

RavageX

He probably had a rough outline with highlights and specific scenes in mind.

That's perhaps why Miura likely told his friend Mori about some of them. Still, a lot of plans will always change in the process of writing/drawing the actual book.

On one hand, Mori must feel honored that he's the only person who knew even that much about the ending of Berserk in advance. How many other people can say that?

On the other hand, Mori doesn't know everything. He never could have. The trouble is how to connect the dots and close the gaps in a way that feels satisfying.
This is kinda why I feel it might be best I just ignore some stuff. I don't really wanna see fan made things and I don't know if the ending that someone else does would be "good". Near the end the shift in art style really put me off. It was definitely something special. I only read it after dude's passing because I was hoping to read it in its entirety.

Ophiuchus

Banned
Sounds like Berserk's ending is still a ways off. Mori's comments suggest they're taking their time to wrap it up properly, so it might be a long wait before we get to see the conclusion.

Top Bottom