• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Athlon 64 socket 939 Motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been doing allot of looking. Right now there are three out. The Abit, the Asus, and the Gigabyte. Here's what I know about them.

1) Abit. This board has a fairly solid rep. I have heard a few horror stories, but not many. For the most part, it seems like a solid board.

2) Asus. At first I thought this was the best board, but now I am beginning to think its the worst. I've heard many stories about it conflicting with different types of ram (Mushkin and corsair to name some). I've also heard it to be unstable.

3) Gigabyte. Most expensive, just came out. This has gotten the best press so far. Supposed to be solid and compatible with all sorts of ram.

Next week the Msi comes out, so it will be interesting to see how that is. Anyone have any experience with any of these boards?

Ive heard nothing but bad things about Gigabyte. Bad Benchmarks and high price tag.

MSI's Nforce 3 Ultra looks smoking.

I was gonna get ^ but with the rumors of 939 Nforce 4's with Soundstorm 2, im gonna wait a little longer and see how things pan out.

Poody

What program do you use to photoshop a picture?
check out anandtech latest test. I think the MSI nforce came out on top

B'z-chan

Banned
Ok since you guys are talking about socket 939 does anyone know what the best 754 motherboard? i was looking for some suggestions since i'm gonna geta AMD 300xp 64bit processor. That and some nice suggestions on some good ram to go with these two would be nice.

Burger

B'z-chan said:
Ok since you guys are talking about socket 939 does anyone know what the best 754 motherboard? i was looking for some suggestions since i'm gonna geta AMD 300xp 64bit processor. That and some nice suggestions on some good ram to go with these two would be nice.

Yeah I could use a hand. At the moment I'm looking at a Nforce 3 250 chipset, something about the bus width being much better than the 150.

Gigabyte have some cheap ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom