• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy in 6 cities to open 12:01 Aug 3rd for Doom 3

Yusaku

This has been known for awhile, but the specific stores are just now http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat38800050042&type=category=been annonuced.

Details:

At 10:30 p.m. on Monday, August 2, you can start lining up to get your copy of DOOM 3. Then, at 12:01 a.m. Tuesday, the store will open and DOOM 3 will be available for purchase. And if getting your hands on a copy of DOOM 3 isn't enough, the first 100 DOOM-ers in line will receive a free DOOM 3 T-shirt.

The select DOOM 3 midnight stores:

* Los Angeles — West LA (11301 W. Pico Blvd.) and West Hollywood (7100 Santa Monica Blvd.)
* Chicago — North Avenue (1000 W. North Ave.)
* D.C. Area — Sterling, VA (45575 Dulles Eastern Plaza) and White Marsh, MD (Nottingham Square)
* Minneapolis — Richfield (1000 West 78th St.)
* New York City — Westbury (1100 Old Country Rd.)
* Dallas — Plano (2800 N. Central Expressway)

Looks like I'll be in Richfield on Monday!

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Yusaku said:
White Marsh, MD (Nottingham Square)

Hey, thats the one I go to all the time! But I don't know if I want to stand in line at 12am just for Doom 3. Especially on a Monday night. Anyone else think they'll go?

Yusaku

JC10001 said:
Hey, thats the one I go to all the time! But I don't know if I want to stand in line at 12am just for Doom 3. Especially on a Monday night. Anyone else think they'll go?

What are you 9 years old? The day is just getting started at midnight for me.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Yusaku said:

I wake up at 5am every day. Some people actually work for a living. And I'm not the kind of person who would waste a vacation or a sick day just to play a fucking video game.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Yusaku said:

So you're what, 15?

Brofist

Yusaku said:

I go to sleep well after midnight, but you wont catch my ass waiting in line at a store at that time for a video game..

Oni Jazar said:
I'm going to wait for the inevitable price drop. It's overpriced anyways.

CC has is on sale for 44.99 next week. Unless you're talking MAJOR drops, then my guess is it's gonna be a while. BF1942 didn't price drop until BF:V came out. And I think Doom 3 has those kind of legs.

Bog

Junior Ace
JC10001 said:
I wake up at 5am every day. Some people actually work for a living. And I'm not the kind of person who would waste a vacation or a sick day just to play a fucking video game.

Yet in the boxart threads, you say you're going to buy about 30 different games every month.

Oni Jazar

ravingloon said:
CC has is on sale for 44.99 next week. Unless you're talking MAJOR drops, then my guess is it's gonna be a while. BF1942 didn't price drop until BF:V came out. And I think Doom 3 has those kind of legs.

45 is better but I think it can go further. And I got BF1942 cheap way before Vietnam. Gogamer had a great sale for 20 bucks.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Bog said:
Yet in the boxart threads, you say you're going to buy about 30 different games every month.

More like 8-9 games and I fail to see what one has to do with the other. Oh wow, I buy a lot of games. Big deal. That doesn't mean I'm going to stand in a line at midnight or slag off work to play them.

AirBrian

Dallas — Plano (2800 N. Central Expressway)

The Plano BB is about 3 miles from where I live. They open at midnight all the time for events -- Matrix DVDs, Star Wars DVDs, etc.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Is Doom 3 really this anticipated? I didn't know people wanted it badly enough to justify midnight sales.

Yusaku said:
COOL DUDE

Nester

I think I'll go to the Richfield store to pick up my copy. I'll go to some other Best Buy sometime before that though, so I can get my Gamers Gift Card and Coupon.

Bregor

20011031l.gif

teepo

* D.C. Area — Sterling, VA (45575 Dulles Eastern Plaza) and White Marsh, MD (Nottingham Square)

that where i'll be :)

Ferrio

Banned
Fifty said:
If Doom 3 has midnight openings of a major chain, then you'd think that Halo 2 surely would :)

That doesn't make sense, maybe if Halo was more popular, well known... ya.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Actually my local BB (one of the ones participating in this Doom 3 event) did have midnight openings when the GC and Xbox came out. Not sure about the PS2 though. I didn't go to any of them but I heard they were pretty crowded.

AirBrian said:
Dallas — Plano (2800 N. Central Expressway)

The Plano BB is about 3 miles from where I live. They open at midnight all the time for events -- Matrix DVDs, Star Wars DVDs, etc.

That is the one next to Parker Road, right?

siege

Banned
Some people who work at Gamestop are reporting that it ships tomorrow and some stores will be meeting the shipment at the airport on Monday.

Top Bottom