• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy price markdowns

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
source: Josef (cag)

$9.99 each

Max Payne (GBA)
R: Racing Evolution (GC)
Arx Fatalis (XB)
Whiplash (XB)
Kung Fu Chaos (XB)
Sega GT Online (XB) (knock it down to $5 with the XBL coupon)
ESPN NBA 2K4 (XB)
NFL Fever 2004 (XB)
NCAA Football 2004 (XB)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Another list (apparantly complete)

source: Yeahman (cag)

GC:

9.99:

Madden 2004
NHL 2004
FIFA 2004
XIII
Conflict desert storm
R: Racing Revolution
Spawn
The Hobbit
Simpson's Hit and Run
Star Fox Adventures

19.99:

Dragon Ball Z: Budawhatever

GBA:

9.99:

Max Payne
Onimusha Tactics
Crash Nitro Cart
Cat in the Hat

PSone:

9.99:

Syphon Filter
Crash Team Racing
Legend of Dragoon
Twisted Metal 4
Barbie Gotta Have....
NFL Gameday 2004
NBA Shootout 2004

PS2:

9.99:

I Ninja
IHRA Motorsports
NCAA Football 2004 ( Year was cut off. Likely 2004 )
ATV Quad Power Racng
Warhammer 40K
Star Trek: SU
ESPN Football 2004
ESPN College Basketball 2004
Star Wars:BH
Cat in the Hat
NCAA Gamebraker 2004
NCAA Final Four 2004
NBA Shootout 2004

19.99:

RainBow Six 3: To.....
GR: Jungle Storm
Champions of Norrath

Transformers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XBOX:

9.99:

Max Payne
NCAA Footbal 2004
Spy Hunter 2
Arx Fatalis
XIII
WWE Raw 2
Sphinx
Star Trek:SU
Sega GT Online
ESPN NHL 2004
ESPN NBA 2004
ESPN College Basketball 2004
Cat in the Hat
Kung Fu Chaos
NFL Fever 2004
Grabbed by the Goulies
Whiplash

Rainbow Six 3: To..........

PC:

Matrix 4.99
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down 19.99
PainKiller 29.99
Forever Worlds 14.99
Mysterious Journey 2 9.99
Trivial Pursuit: Unh.......9.99
Sra Wars: Knights of the Rebublic 19.99
Best of 2002 EA Sports 4.99
Rugby 2004 4.99
Breed 19.99
EA Classics: Madden, NBA Live, NHL, Nacar 4.99 each

ferricide

Deku Tree said:
How is Kung Fu Chaos?
decent. lacks depth, but has some cleverly designed minigames/levels. multiplayer probably wouldn't last too long since all of the characters play the same. probably worth $10 if it's your kind of thing. it has absolutely atrocious sense of humor (but you can turn off the commentary in the options) and poor character designs.

element

ferricide said:
decent. lacks depth, but has some cleverly designed minigames/levels. multiplayer probably wouldn't last too long since all of the characters play the same. probably worth $10 if it's your kind of thing. it has absolutely atrocious sense of humor (but you can turn off the commentary in the options) and poor character designs.
i hear there is a co-op mode in KFC. Can't remember how to do it.

Jumpman

I'm interested in Max Payne for Xbox, and R: Racing Revolution for GC, as well as XIII for GC.

Are any of these worth $9.99? Actually I'm not exactly lacking in the great games to play catagory so they need to be worth a lot more than $9.99.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Someone said that the prices were scanned at a higher price on a couple games at their Best Buy, so these might not be nationwide (yet). YMMV

Rhindle

Good luck getting any of these. The two local Best Buys I checked had Whiplash. Lots of Whiplash.

Well, I did kind of want to play Whiplash.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Rhindle said:
Good luck getting any of these. The two local Best Buys I checked had Whiplash. Lots of Whiplash.

Well, I did kind of want to play Whiplash.

fenegi am cry

I only found Onimusha Tactics. I've never played a tactics game before, so this will be interesting.

Noticed that there were 5 copies of Tales of Symphonia as well. If I had the money I would have grabbed one but alas it is not quite payday.

The wife and I are playing through Whiplash right now. The humor is pretty good, love the bunny. It's a little glitchy too, so save often.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Wario does it again, folks. Thanks Wario.

I just picked up The Simpsons: Hit and Run for Gamecube. They had at least a dozen left and they were all marked $39.99. When I brought it to the counter the guy was pretty surprised.

I didn't notice that Onimusha Tactics was also $10. I should have picked that up as well. Theres always tomorrow.

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
CVXFREAK said:
A Best Buy in near me opened just last Friday (Colma, CA)! I can't wait to check it out!

Oh yeah I remember seeing it under construction a couple of months back. It's where the United Artists Cinemas used to be, right across from the Home Depot in the Metro Center. Now there's another Best Buy for me to swing by when I'm in that area...hehe. ^_^

cvxfreak

Kumiko Nikaido said:
Oh yeah I remember seeing it under construction a couple of months back. It's where the United Artists Cinemas used to be, right across from the Home Depot in the Metro Center. Now there's another Best Buy for me to swing by when I'm in that area...hehe. ^_^

Yep, where the theatre used to be. I'm very happy about this, because Best Buy would usually have something if Circuit City didn't, and the atmosphere is just much easier for me (if the San Carlos and Palo Alto locations are any indication). Overall, I'm pleased.

Hopefully I'll tour the place tomorrow and maybe even find a "Now Hiring" sign somewhere. :)

EDIT: And this makes three places to price match in the area. CC, TRU and now BB. :)

P90 said:
How is R: Racing?

Picked up R Racing, XIII and Grabbed by the Ghoulies yesterday all $9.99. So far XIII is the best of them all but I also spent some time with R Racing. I think it's a decent game over all. Good FMVs, an interesting style and some good levels. Visuals are not the best but not bad by any means. It runs in progressive scan and DPLII so you can't lose there. I would recommend it. I like the series and this one, while different, still has a similar feel to the previous titles.

Top Bottom