• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Current Xbox Mod Chips?

I finally have some money set aside to do this, so I was hoping someone could direct me to a reliable site and let me know which chip is best for general use right now. I found some threads here, but I don't know if chips have improved since then or not.

I'm hoping to be able to get a solderless chip.

EdLuva

I'm thinking about getting a Xenium ICE with solderless kit (for about $60). I heard it was pretty good.

Phoenix said:
Unless you already know how to solder, letting your XBox be your first attempt is not a wise move.

Nah, the Xbox is easy. In fact it's probably the easiest console for someone to start on. Now a PS2 on the otherhand, I'm experienced and even I wouldn't touch that one.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Phoenix said:
Unless you already know how to solder, letting your XBox be your first attempt is not a wise move.

Yeah I know. This is why I plan to have someone skilled in soldering to mod my Xbox (which I will get within 30 days) :p

aerofx

Order from www.gameshopusa.com, I've ordered from them twice and they ship fast. They also have a 5 dollar off coupon that you can use, it's somewhere in the Xbox-scene.com forums. I'm not sure how good of a chip Xenium's are but I have SmartXX and I'm liking it a lot.

Top Bottom