• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Disney games ever?

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
When I'm saying best Disney game, I mean best game featuring Disney characters. Not neccessarily developed by Disney, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, here's my list of favorite Disney games throughout the years:

Donald Duck's Playground (C64)

Cool game that I played a lot when I was a small kid. You had to work in order to earn money, and for the money you bought stuff to use at a playground, where you controlled Huey, Dewey and Louie (well, one of them) to play around. There was no real end to the game either, as far as I remember. But still, fun game with cool details.

Duck Tales (NES)

The classic, with the troublesome pogo jump (I think it was called). Took a while to master, but great game and wonderful music.

Mickey Mouse: Land of Illusion (GG)

I'm pretty sure this is the game I'm thinking about. A fun platformer with a fairytale adventure-like feeling to it (almost like Klonoa in a way).

Duck Tales (Amiga)

A cool game of mixed genres, with an adventure style to it. You compete against Flintheart to earn the most money in a month, if I recall correctly. Not exactly the best controls ever, but it had a lot of variety and you could even trade stocks and swim around in Scrooge's money!

Dance Dance Revolution: Disney Mix (PSX)

Not much to say, except that the remixed Disney songs rock!

Kingdom Hearts (PS2)

Only played it for a few hours, but I like what I've seen so far. Even if the game might not be great (I'm not sure yet), I really enjoy seeing all the Disney characters come to life in this game. :)

Teddman

Tarzan for PS1/N64 was a decent 2.5D sidescroller.

I remember Quackshot for SNES being pretty good.

And lately Kingdom Hearts pretty much takes the cake.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Teddman said:
Tarzan for PS1/N64 was a decent 2.5D sidescroller.

I remember Quackshot for SNES being pretty good.

And lately Kingdom Hearts pretty much takes the cake.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about Quackshot!!!! Such a great game, used to play it a lot on Genesis, loved it. :)

for me it's the capcom developed magical quest starring mickey mouse for the snes. this game rocked. great platforming, cool boss encounters and great art. i had a blast with it.

edit:

ducktales on nes is a close second.

Kiriku said:
When I'm saying best Disney game, I mean best game featuring Disney characters. Not neccessarily developed by Disney, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, here's my list of favorite Disney games throughout the years:

Donald Duck's Playground (C64)

Cool game that I played a lot when I was a small kid. You had to work in order to earn money, and for the money you bought stuff to use at a playground, where you controlled Huey, Dewey and Louie (well, one of them) to play around. There was no real end to the game either, as far as I remember. But still, fun game with cool details.
Heh, I remember playing that at a friend's house when I was in Kindergarten. My first Sierra game.

Ducktales NES was classic, as was Chip N Dales rescue rangers. I also remember being a fan of Magical Quest starring Mickey Mouse on SNES.

Psymon

world-of-illusion.jpg

Aah, the memories... ;____;

Ranger X

Rescue Rangers NES (2 player simultaneous, good controls and graphic!! wow)

Aladin SNES ( 'nuff said )

Mickey The Magical Quest SNES ( remember all the costumes and their habilities )

M3wThr33

Banned
No. The SNES version of Aladdin is crap compared to the Genesis one from Shiny.

Donald Duck's Quack Attack on the Game Gear was great fun.
The Little Mermaid was a surprising shooter on the NES.
Adventures in the Magic Kingdom was also fun on the NES.

Duck Tales for Nes
Chip n' Dale for Nes
Darkwing Duck for Nes...actually I don't remeber if that game sucked or not I just rembered the ending
Fantasia for Genises....I rember it wasn't to good but looked great.
Alladin for SNES

Matlock

Banned
Aladdin Genesis, without a doubt. Not only does it have fun gameplay, it also has graphics and sound that still impress.

Lion King (both SNES and Genesis, altough they were different) was a pretty good license, too.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
I think Ducktales was the first videogame I ever beat. I was so excited and proud of myself that I immediately went through and beat it again.

I don't know if it's actually a fun game, of course, but it sure was fun back then.

Tortfeasor

Stitch Experiment 626 for PS2. Great combo of run and gun shooting with some bionic comando style movement. It is kinda like I-ninja, another underrated platformer.

DuckTales for the NES
QuakShot for the Genesis

and

Genesis Aladdin > SNES Aladdin

I mean, for those people who argue otherwise, did you even play the Genesis version?

FoneBone

You know, back in the 8 and 16-bit eras, there were so many good Disney games that the license itself was almost a mark of quality. How things change.

lordmrw

When I was looking over the responses in this thread it made me realize that very same thing. Damn, developers really poured their hearts into the license. ANd oh yeah, my picks are:

Ducktales Nes - I remember using it off the local drug dealer and going to school 2 hours late just to try and beat it. I can play through it over and over and still discover gems that I never got before.

Aladdin Snes and Genesis - I've never fully played through both, so I can't say which is better, but they both kicked equal amounts of ass.

World of Illusion Genesis - I wanted to play this so bad after seeing the Gamepro review back in the day, and the commercials. It definitely lived up to my expectations.

EmSeta

Duck Tales, Rescue Rangers and Kingdom Hearts top the list for me. Magical Quest was pretty good too, especially in the graphics department.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
the capcom and sega developed disney games were almost all good. but ducktales on nes and castle of illusion on genesis are my favorites.

Whoooo! I played that C64 game a lot, had loads of fun. Sorting vegetables, collecting toys from shelves...
Also liked the Amiga Duck Tales and all the NES/Genesis/SNES games up to Lion King or so. After that, the quality went straight downhill.
Actually, Lion King wasn't all that either. I think it may have started the trend of fairly inaccurate platforming...

MASB

For me, Mickey Mania for the SNES, a Donald Duck Super Famicom-only game by Kemco, Ducktales NES, Quackshot, etc.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
God there were a ton of quality Disney lisenced games a few years ago. The only big Disney game we were given this generation was Kingdom Hearts and that was terrible.

Ducktales was a decent game for those of you who question your memory. I recently popped in the cartridge and had a lot of fun with the game.

Top Bottom