• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best magazine cover ever?

edge1.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I was entering this thread, thinking it was another Halo 2 thread. Glad I'm wrong. Yes, best ever

belgurdo

Banned
That Gamer's Republic cover with Final Fantasy VIII and a really bright backdrop of Balamb Garden on it.

That mag reeked of Gamefan, but damned if they didn't make some dynamite covers

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
MassiveAttack said:
It's a UK mag. To the best of my knowledge, there are absolutely no news stands in the US that carry it.

Or at least not in NYC.
There's not one international bookstore in NYC that carries Edge? I doubt that! SF has a couple.

B E N K E said:
Why do they call it Ico 2?

This is the cover for our current issue... :D

gamereactor20_16000.jpg

Yeah, I had your magazine cover in mind when I posted it. It looks too good for a games magazine. :)

As you posted it, I'd like to ask: does it sell well? I mean, does the average scandinavian reader has this kind of sofistication, or can he recognize the appeal of such a sleek design? Or you're just aiming for a niche thing?

wipeout364 said:
I was referring to ICO, But even so I guess its not cool to be excited about a game.

Naw it just has to be either Halo, Zelda, GTA, GT or FF then you can blindly claim how great the game will be even if your basis for it is just hearing it's name.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
AHH GODDAMNIT ICO 2.

The Castlevania II one is badass, I loved how it gave children nightmares all the more.

Amano's work makes anything absolutely beautiful, even EGM.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Black_Mamba said:
As you posted it, I'd like to ask: does it sell well? I mean, does the average scandinavian reader has this kind of sofistication, or can he recognize the appeal of such a sleek design? Or you're just aiming for a niche thing?
Well, it looks like it's free, so as long as it's eye-catching, anything goes, I bet

El Papa

TekunoRobby said:
AHH GODDAMNIT ICO 2.

The Castlevania II one is badass, I loved how it gave children nightmares all the more.

Amano's work makes anything absolutely beautiful, even EGM.
Yeah, his work even makes Nomura's character designs beautiful.

B E N K E

As fennec put it... We're free so we don't care :) A couple of years ago we did a cover that was all yellow with Clank in the corner.

However, if I'm not mistaking retro issues of Edge have been selling really well and I know a few other example were retro sells issues.

Miburou

Is that the November issue of Edge? I just bought the October one a week or so ago. I guess it's going to take a couple of weeks until I can find here in Montreal.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
B E N K E said:
As fennec put it... We're free so we don't care :)
What are you talking about that cover is absolutely great. Hell for being free you put to shame a lot of the commercially available magazines.

B E N K E

tekuno: What I meant was that we don't necessarilly need recognition for the cover. Other magazines put something that will sell copies on the cover. We have a bit more freedom. As far as art direction goes, our editor-in-chief was just nominated for art director of the year in Sweden along with a couple of lifestyle magazines (Café, Plaza). A rare honour for a gaming magazine indeed.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
B E N K E said:
tekuno: What I meant was that we don't necessarilly need recognition for the cover. Other magazines put something that will sell copies on the cover. We have a bit more freedom. As far as art direction goes, our editor-in-chief was just nominated for art director of the year in Sweden along with a couple of lifestyle magazines (Café, Plaza). A rare honour for a gaming magazine indeed.
OHHH I see, sorry I thought you were being modest. Now I understand, thanks to financial freedom you have complete control over what goes on the cover. Well for what it's worth I much prefer your magazine's style over mostly all commercially available videogame magazines. You guys deserve that nomination!

olimario

Banned
Is this just the cover or is the magazine out?
If it is out, is it okay to post scans?
If not, everyone knows where MinAr's forum is, right?

Jason

If anyone wants that EGM with the Amano cover (and lives in Toronto) you can grab a sealed copy for a buck at Game Centre (Yonge/Bloor).

miyuru

Jason said:
If anyone wants that EGM with the Amano cover (and lives in Toronto) you can grab a sealed copy for a buck at Game Centre (Yonge/Bloor).

How come they're even selling them? Did they order a huge load of that issue when it came out?

Top Bottom