• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Stan Lee cameo?

VulcanRaven

Stan Lee had so many great cameos over the years and it was always fun to see him. This from the second Fantastic Four movie is probably my favorite:

Also this from Spider-Man 3:

Last edited:

Doom85

It’s not even close for me.

The fact that this released about a month after his passing, it hurts how much it fits (not the refund part, LOL) and the writers couldn’t have known when they wrote the scene for him. Saying, “I’m going to miss him”, and “it always fits…eventually”. It felt like this paid tribute to his passing and memory, and a blessing to the future generation of characters, writers, artists, and readers of Marvel. You couldn’t ask for a better cameo to see after his passing.

We miss you, Stan. RIP and Excelsior!

Captain America Reaction GIF
Spider-Man Movie GIF by Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse

ManaByte

Gold Member

Love this one.

He and Smith became really close. Right before passed away they told Kevin Smith that Stan thought of him as his son, which obviously hit Smith really hard.

Kevin told a story where he and Stan were going to work on something, but Stan came to his house a day early on accident. He called Kevin on the intercom, but Kevin was balls deep. He told Stan he was kind of busy having sex, and Stan just said "Oh have fun! I'll come back."

Haven’t seen it for years but was mine and my friends favourite movie for years as teenagers. Keen to watch again

My friends and I were on the special edition DVD. We went to the 10th anniversary screening and Q&A Kevin did in LA and we're on camera multiple times in the audience.

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I thought after a while they were all shit, tbh. There was a grim inevitability that he'd pop up and it wouldn't be particularly interesting or subtle.

EDIT: The Spiderman one in the above post was probably the best one though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom