• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best title screens ever?

neptunes

PoP and Mg2's (I liked the stylish look in mgs2's title screen)

I'm sure there are more, but I don't feel like listing them.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Hmm...Ridge Racer Type 4, perhaps. It's been a long time, but there's a big chance the title screen is cool. :p

gunstarhero

jsrf00.jpg

Actually just beat this game this morning - The characters skating combined with the track Concept of Love flat out kiks ass.

Honarable mention goes to MGS2 - love the music and the way the "2" gets built up.

Gattsu25

Banned
gunstarhero said:
jsrf00.jpg

Actually just beat this game this morning - The characters skating combined with the track Concept of Love flat out kiks ass.

Honarable mention goes to MGS2 - love the music and the way the "2" gets built up.

Can't disagree with anything in this response...so I'll quote it and say I agree

I agree

GhaleonEB

Neutron Night said:
What are the greatest title screens of all time? Post pics if possible.

I'll start it off.

tos048.jpg

Revenge of Shinobi. I'll never forget the first time turned it on, expecting a static title screen and music, and instead there's this massive thunderclap and lightning flash, with Musashi's outline poised to strike, techno music pumping. It was only a ten-second sequence into the title, but it sure sent the signal that the 16-bit generation was going to rock. No other title sequence left such an impression on me.

gunstarhero

Revenge of Shinobi. I'll never forget the first time turned it on, expecting a static title screen and music, and instead there's this massive thunderclap and lightning flash, with Musashi's outline poised to strike, techno music pumping. It was only a ten-second sequence into the title, but it sure sent the signal that the 16-bit generation was going to rock. No other title sequence left such an impression on me.

Totally agree word for word - great call!

revengeofshinobi.gif

Stryder

Metroid Prime, mainly for the great soundtrack

and Prince of Persia was cool as well, how the intro story led into the title screen.

Senretsu

The Main Event said:
Super Metroid and Metroid Prime.

Agreed as well.

Hope this works, really need a video of the title screen to see how cool it really is how it moves around and such.

metroidgirkyun2.jpg

recently just saw Tales of Symphonia and that was pretty cool also.

Eternal Darkness with the way the title screen would change depending on the option you selected

I always liked Kingdom Hearts title as well, nice pleasant music and water color drawing.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I personally really like Suikoden III's title screen/opening ..

KoTOR really felt like a Star Wars movie as well!

Solid

Hmm.

Metal Gear Solid 2
Halo
Kingdom Hearts
Final Fantasy IX

Eternal Darkness too. I love the line when you start the game: "You too will come to understand fear as I have" :)

Gattsu25

Banned
Suikoden III still stands as the best anime intro for a game...EVER

GTA3 and GTAVC where both good assuming you didn't skip them

OoT and MM where much better than tWW (if you understand that, play some ps2 and xbox games :( )

cvxfreak

CVXFREAK said:
BioHazard Zero (not Resident Evil Zero)

Every game this far EXCEPT for Zero has had a similar title screen between the US and Japan. Zero is an exception because of the huge logo difference. I'll try to get a snapshot sometime because the text and pictures are great.

vg260

You took the words right out of my mouth!

Top Bottom