• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

best way to get my id3 tags in order?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoshifumi

Banned
ok so all of my mp3 filenames are organized, but after adding them to my itunes library, i just realized that most of their id3 tags are really messed up. is there any simple way to get everything in order that doesn't require me to go through every single one?

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
doh, well im pretty sure its exactly what you need. you basically just queue up all your mp3s and it runs through and tries to identify them against its database and tag them appropriately. sometimes it isn't totally sure if it is correct so you have to individually do a few, but the process is sped up from what you would have to do otherwise :)

yoshifumi

Banned
yeah it actually seems to be working pretty well except for the fact that the server it checks them on is busy a lot

edit: shit, it changes my filenames

SKluck

Banned
That actually works? Huh.

I just used Tag & Rename. Great fucking program. It integrates... or DID integrate with allmusic.com so you can grab tags for full albums in just a few seconds. Took me about a week to tag 3000 files. Maybe about 5-7 hours total.

SKluck

Banned
http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm

Not free though. Best tagging software I've ever used. Dunno if it has been updated since the allmusic.com redesign, so don't know if that still works. Because it was an insanely useful feature.

Edit: I guess the newest version uses amazon.com. It works with freedb too, but I uh... never got my songs directly from CD so it wasn't that useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom