• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Better sell Dragonball GT Final Bout on Ebay soon...

Nester

This makes me feel good about selling 3 copies of the game for $160-$190 a piece.

"This game sucks. Goku lurches when he walks like a freaking Zombie or something."

I put that in every auction that I ran for the game and people still snapped it up.

bjork

Forget that... it took me two years of scouring used bins to find it. I'll just chalk it up to buyer's remorse and keep it as a reminder.

bjork

Diehards will note the production dates on the disc, just like toy collectors do with reissues.

It'll still drop a ton, but such is life.

retardboy

Haha true... Think about it... People don't buy this game so that they can play it. (WHO THE HECK WOULD WANT TO PLAY IT?) They buy it to collect. Collectors will want the original one.

Collectors want the original one? Didn't happen for stuff like FF Tactics and Xenogears. Hell, even the release of FF Chronicles made aftermarket prices for the SNES carts drop.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I don't know if I'll be selling my copy, although $150+ does sound nice. I bought my copy off a guy from the library about 5 years ago. Only cost me $25. :D

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I bought it for $35 when it came out. I sold it for $100 when the eBay market was first starting to get pretty high.

I made $65. I still feel ripped off. It's the worst game I've ever played. :\

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
wtf, how many copies do you have? Or are you plannign to buy the copies next week and ship those out?

Fularu

Banned
You're going to get a lot of bad feedback

Those people are expecting the Bandai release, not the Infograme one, they may even try using paypal customer protection service if they are confirmed users

Fularu

Banned
Gen.Wedge said:
Eh, they're the same game, and eBay has no other entry for it. Besides, according to PayPal's Buyer Protection, I'm fine:

I can handle a little negative feedback, if it comes to that. :p

They are not the original packaging, as mentionned in your auction

People used the paypal protection program when sellers were forgetting to mention that they were selling GH versions of games, you are just doing the same

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Well, it does say "New US Version", but it also says hard to find and shows a picture of the bandai game. Pretty shady, but anybody willing to pay that much for it pretty much deserves that :p

Fularu

Banned
Archaix said:
Well, it does say "New US Version", but it also says hard to find and shows a picture of the bandai game. Pretty shady, but anybody willing to pay that much for it pretty much deserves that :p

No, it says :

This is the extremely hard-to-find U.S. NTSC release of Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout for the Playstation 1. It is NEW, SEALED, in original packaging.

which means that he is selling the htf us release of dbgt, not the one seeing release next week, and he says its new, not that it's the new one

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Fularu said:
No, it says :

which means that he is selling the htf us release of dbgt, not the one seeing release next week, and he says its new, not that it's the new one

The title says "NEW US VER." Sure, many may interpret it as unopened, but he can get by on a technicality. The photo shown is also labeled as "Stock Photo" and should therefore be interpreted as not necessarily representative of the product being sold. It's a dicky thing to do, but the way it is worded leaves it open.

Alex

I bought a copy at Toys R Us a few years ago, and proceeded to dump it off on Ebay to some twit for 210 bucks. Score!

Fularu

Banned
I suggest you to look at the link provided by me earlier, just to see if wario was right about prices going down with the FF Chronicles games :p

Shompola

Banned
Archaix said:
The title says "NEW US VER." Sure, many may interpret it as unopened, but he can get by on a technicality. The photo shown is also labeled as "Stock Photo" and should therefore be interpreted as not necessarily representative of the product being sold. It's a dicky thing to do, but the way it is worded leaves it open.

in the item spec it also says published by bandai and released in 1997.

Fularu

Banned
Shompola said:
in the item spec it also says published by bandai and released in 1997.

yes he is purposefully misleading people into buying a reprint than the original version

that's like me selling the reprint of spiderman 1 9comic0 for 500$ without telling people it's a reprint

I had the JApanese version a while ago...it was so bad I used it to see how sturdy PSX games were I tossed it against the wall and it made a circular crack...but still worked

Fularu said:
yes he is purposefully misleading people into buying a reprint than the original version

that's like me selling the reprint of spiderman 1 9comic0 for 500$ without telling people it's a reprint
Well, if he had sold it as New US Dragon Ball GT Final Bout and people had paid that much for it, then they wouldn't have a case. But since he is misleading, and since he doesn't own physical copies of the game yet, he's not going to be happy when fraud charges are leveled against him. He was, after all, already paid through Paypal.

Top Bottom