• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big PSP showing at TGS

Falch

From Gamefront.de:
sonypsptgs.jpg

Can't wait until next week!

Forsete

OMG lol, vill de PSP still be hooked up to dev-kits? Can it even ran on itz own? LOL!?

Seriously, can.. not .. wait :D

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
over 100 entry PSP titles?!
what the fuck is that supposed to mean ?

100 psp titles for launch?
100 psp titles in a month?
a year?

DCharlie said:
over 100 entry PSP titles?!
what the fuck is that supposed to mean ?

100 psp titles for launch?
100 psp titles in a month?
a year?

20+ playable PSP titles and the rest will be games either announced or shown through video.

XS+

Banned
Wow I guess PSP will launch on time after all, they wouldn't devote all that convention space for PSP only to announce a delay.

A TGS that's just as eventful as past E3 shows! Who woulda guessed?

jarrod

Banned
I think the "over 100 entry PSP titles" means that many should be represented (playable, video, announced) at the show. Not bad, PS1 had a similar slew of early announcements and support from the industry (and no Square Enix until later).

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"it means 100 kiosks with sticky balls."

is this the little sticky balls of the hamsters hard wired into their running cages that provide the batter power for the PSP?

jiggle

Can't wait!

Most excited to seeing the new Popolocrois, Ten no Kagi Chi no Mon, Gagharv, and Makkai Wars.

Not gonna hold my breath for any Squarenix showing.

BeOnEdge

Banned
i cant wait for sony to own each and every one of you. next gen=MS console domination and sony handheld domination. life will be beautiful! nintendo 3rd party baby!!!

DSN2K

BeOnEdge said:
i cant wait for sony to own each and every one of you. next gen=MS console domination and sony handheld domination. life will be beautiful! nintendo 3rd party baby!!!

:lol

Prine

Banned
Now thats what im talking about. A handheld worth my time.

All it needs is Pro Evo Soccer then it'll officially be the greatest handheld ever!

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
BeOnEdge said:

HHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHA. What?

I'm playing it safe. Sony to dominate the consoles, GBA (yeah, that's right) to dominate the handhelds, as I doubt either the NDS or the PSP will be able to match it.

BeOnEdge

Banned
PSP will dominate. theres no doubt about it. nintendos butter got stolen this gen, next round sony steals their bread.

BeOnEdge

Banned
look at the amount of little 12 year olds with cell phones. its fucking rediculous. kids dont want toys anymore. DS is still nothing more that a GBA in adults clothing IMO.

BeOnEdge said:
look at the amount of little 12 year olds with cell phones. its fucking rediculous. kids dont want toys anymore. DS is still nothing more that a GBA in adults clothing IMO.

Well if to you something that is a real mature portable must cost above $300 than by all means go out and buy one, ill stay with $170 one and still buy some of the "kids" titles like Metroid,Zelda, WE, Castlevania and others.....for the same price....and at least experience something different than the standard portable console.

BeOnEdge

Banned
Semjaza Azazel said:
Look at the amount of people in general with GBAs. It's too early to say much of anything.

*flashback*
look at the amount of people with snes'. its too early to say much of anything.

neptunes

:Let's stay on topic here folks:

It seems like capcom will show their titles next week,

Viewtiful Joe
Devil May Cry
Vampire Chronicles

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
お久しぶりです.最近はほとんどチャットにしか行っていないので,たった今このスレッドを見ました.まあ,なんと懐かしい...^^さん,はじめまして.

そうですね,こうなったら待つしかないでしょう.だめと言う人もいれば,絶対大丈夫と言う人もいます.個人的にはFLOを信じていますが,最近のEVOとの出来事はやはり気になります.いらない注目を集めたような気がして...

それでも,Xさんは,これまでのHYIPのリーダーたちとは全然違うと思いますので,ここはひとつ,信じて待ってみたいと思います.

You're comparing a gaming unit to a phone. Which is a necessity for people? I would think it's safe to say it's not the former.

You have two units that the majority of the planet doesn't even know exist at this point. To say anything is "stolen" at this point is too quick of a judgement as far as I'm concerned. Taking into account how little is known about things that would affect consumer interest in the PSP (price estimates or battery life?), what can be drawn from that? All signs point to them being in totally different price markets as it is.

All that I can see here is a comparison of a name brand and appearance of the unit. It's arbitrary at this point. There's also the fact that DS isn't the next GBA, which I would think would do what it could to be more comparable to a PSP at the least. This is a seperate unit for seperate functions.

Anyway, I care more about clarification on some things about the PSP itself rather than seeing a lot of software personally. A few great games would be enough for me.

Hari

Banned
I would feel sorry for the people who buy a DS and then after one year it is replaced by the next gen GBA. :lol

what? come next generation, sony isn't likely to cede their dominance of this market. while they've given an able effort at staking a claim, microsoft hasn't proven to be a competitor sony should fret over.

I'm interested to know

a) how many of these are ports?

b) battery life (as always)

considering that in the TGS show listing; PS2 is listed as having 85 or was it 89 announced games; does this mean that PSP is getting more love? The fact that only 20+ are playable; hell, they could show ps2 titles on a screen and claim these were PSP titles and you couldn't be able to tell.

Brofist

Korranator said:
Or when one year later PSP owners get a "disk read error". :lol

Or when 6 months later you have to send in your DS to have the faulty stylus fixed so you can still play touch me Pikachu :lol:lol:lol

kpop100 said:
Or when 6 months later you have to send in your DS to have the faulty stylus fixed so you can still play touch me Pikachu :lol:lol:lol

LOL. check a dictionary to see what a stylus is before commenting. Or ask your mum

Top Bottom