• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big time NFL 2k5 problem!

KarishBHR

Yesterday the game played fine, but now... when I go online... after the kick off (so the first offensive play) the game freezes... everytime! What should I do?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Maybe something is screwed up server-side with all the tweaking they're doing. Do your offline games work?

jedimike

There's going to be a patch out on Friday to fix the roster validation problem... never heard of your problem, but give it until after the weekend to see if VC can get their issues worked out.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
It must be the servers; also if you haven't, turn your X-Box off and restart, this has fixed every connection problem I've had (not seeing challenges, validation errors, etc.), though yours seems new.

KarishBHR

ok... it happens everytime I hit a to hike it for the first time, then it makes a buzzing noise and repeates commentary over and over again

hgplayer1

its probably the servers........or at least thats the easiest thing to blame it on if your games are working offline. theres no telling what it is this game is sooooo buggy.

KarishBHR

hgplayer1 said:
its probably the servers........or at least thats the easiest thing to blame it on if your games are working offline. theres no telling what it is this game is sooooo buggy.

but it happens non stop!

eva01

KarishBHR,

I get the same problem as you do. Whenever I get a game going online at the start when I do a kick off the game will freeze. The game worked fine the first day I tried it then the next day I was getting those freeze problems. I tried it on my nephew's xbox, and it also froze. I will be taking back 2k5 to get a replacement one later on today and see if that fixes the problem. I've browsed through the ESPN forums and some people think it might be old xboxes that use the Thompson DVD drive. My xbox uses the Thompson drive same as my nephew's xbox.

KarishBHR

eva01 said:
KarishBHR,

I get the same problem as you do. Whenever I get a game going online at the start when I do a kick off the game will freeze. The game worked fine the first day I tried it then the next day I was getting those freeze problems. I tried it on my nephew's xbox, and it also froze. I will be taking back 2k5 to get a replacement one later on today and see if that fixes the problem. I've browsed through the ESPN forums and some people think it might be old xboxes that use the Thompson DVD drive. My xbox uses the Thompson drive same as my nephew's xbox.

hmm... well, please tell me how that return goes!

eva01

After returning the game and getting a new one. I get disc read error on my xbox and am unable to play offline. On my nephew's xbox it doesn't give the error, but on online play it still freezes when I do a kick off at start or when I do my first play. It definitely seems the problem is the thompson drive on the xbox.

Top Bottom