• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bill Watterson (Calvin and Hobbes) draws brand new comic

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://theweek.com/speedreads/index...c-by-calvin-and-hobbes-creator-bill-watterson
Drew it to be the poster for a French Comic festival.
bQKUK0c.jpg

Acorn

Seems to be coming out of his shell a little. There was that web comic a few months go too. Cool

Cinders

I got my hardcover Complete Calvin and Hobbes in the mail today! I'm so excited to read it. Watterson is a genius.

MisterHero

Lovely comic.

I started reading Pearls Before Swine in a newspaper recently. It would've been a great surprise if I'd seen his work in print first.

For no longer being a comic artist, he sure makes it seem like his life still revolves around newspaper comics.

He was commissioned to do this piece specifically for a comics festival.

Should he have drawn something that has nothing to do with the comics he's most familiar with and the artform he's best known for?

What a weird comment.

I think I said this last Watterson threadwatch, but:

Come back, Bill! Do a web comic! Write a novel! Make something! Please!

This is the 3rd new thing by him (this year? I may be getting timing wrong). If he's coming out of his shell like this, here's hoping this leads to a new strip or a graphic novel epic he's been working on for all these years.

JNA

Banned
Why doesn't he go back to Calvin and Hobbes? I thought he ended it because he didn't want to draw new comics anymore.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
To think I lived in the days where we got new Calvin and Hobbes and The Far Side all the time.
So did I. I had Far Side calendars. I'm sad I never really got into Calvin and Hobbes. I should buy that book with all the comics and just read through the entire thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom