• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bio-Hazard 4 is eighty dollars?!!

sasimirobot

"Biohazard 4 is scheduled for a January 27 release in Japan, for 8190 yen."

*the-magicbox.com

that comes to 77.50US$. I cant see it selling for that much in the States.

AniHawk

sasimirobot said:
My wallet is gonna worry about it. Add in shipping and that is close to 100$ for 1 game! I need a new hobby...

Uh... just get it from the States if you're PAL. It comes out in the same month (or week or day).

And if you're in the States, get it here. Jeez.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
I approve this avatar. :)

ikaruga-logo.gif

What's your high score sasimi?

Dragon Quest VIII is even more money. I think about 9,200 yen. Popular games in Japan seem to get away with ridiculous prices.

sasimirobot

AniHawk said:
Uh... just get it from the States if you're PAL. It comes out in the same month (or week or day).

And if you're in the States, get it here. Jeez.

Im in Thailand so it would be cheaper and faster to get it shipped by my friend in Japan.

ferricide

this won't affect the US price at all. japanese game prices vary much more than US prices.

DQVIII is 9240 which is ~$87 right now. which is fucking criminal for a game that's going to sell millions. it should shift the price down, not up, IMO. but people will pay that much for this game. meh.

it's also worth noting that in japan, stores don't charge MSRP. if you shop around you can find good deals of $10-15 off.

Bebpo

Banned
ferricide said:
this won't affect the US price at all. japanese game prices vary much more than US prices.

DQVIII is 9240 which is ~$87 right now. which is fucking criminal for a game that's going to sell millions. it should shift the price down, not up, IMO. but people will pay that much for this game. meh.

it's also worth noting that in japan, stores don't charge MSRP. if you shop around you can find good deals of $10-15 off.

Or if you live in the backwaters you get $5 off and no lower ;_;

cvxfreak

The 8190 Yen figure includes consumption tax, so Capcom is really charging 7800 Yen. Either way, if my trip to Akihabara and other retailers is any indication, the price will be as low as 6000 Yen in some shops.

snapty00

Banned
On the one hand, if I were a games publisher, I'd rip off people too, if I could.

On the other hand, there's no way in hell I'd pay over $60 for a game nowadays -- no matter how good it were.

Top Bottom