• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

bit torrent help

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_Tet

Banned
OK I did some searching and have found nothing to my perhaps stupid question.

I'm using DSL and my uploads/downloads have been terribly slow. I do NOT have a firewall enabled (Just checked the Win XP Firewall and it's been off). I'm also not on a router. My modem is directly connected to the PC currently.

Now, do I have to worry with port forwarding? Or is that just a router issue? Is there anything I can do to get faster downloads? I've been getting 4k/s when my d/l is 500k/s.

I'm also using Peer Guardian (just started today).

Hope someone can help, are there any modem tweaks I need to use? I tested my d/l at dslreports.net and it is just under the 500k/s advertised.

Maybe I just need to try a different client? I've been using bittornado.

download torrentstorm

and check to see if the LED lights hit green, if they do your fine if they dont something is blocking you (isp?)

Ecrofirt

First, don't use the official app.

Second, you might want to try limiting your upload speed. If I upload higher than 17kb/s, my download goes to hell.

DJ_Tet

Banned
ZombieSupaStar said:
download torrentstorm

and check to see if the LED lights hit green, if they do your fine if they dont something is blocking you (isp?)

ooh...sweet 28k/s goodness...thanks so much man

DJ_Tet

Banned
Well it all went well for my first d/l, around 40k/s.

I've got others running now, and I just noticed, all the LEDs are yellow. This was the same with my first d/l.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom