• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bit Torrent Problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SD-Ness

So I'm trying to download Samurai Champloo episode 5 from Suprnova, but I keep getting this error...

"Download Error"
"rejected by tracker - Error: Your client does not support the compact tracker protocol. Please update your client."

I think I have the most updated version. I use the client from Official BT Site .

Anyone know what to do?

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
is it a subbed version of ep 5? pm me please if so.

Bittornado should solve your problem ya.

Fatalah

don't use tornado, just go into the shadow client's preferences and change the port range from where its at to 7000-7020

open like 20 portslike that. your current ports are a RIAA dangerzone

SD-Ness

don't use tornado, just go into the shadow client's preferences and change the port range from where its at to 7000-7020

open like 20 portslike that.
Just explain that a tad more...

your current ports are a RIAA dangerzone
And explain this too...this one scares me....o_O

SD-Ness

That I know.

I was asking for more of an explanation on the 'ports' and 'why mine are a dangerzone' more so.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
The original ports for bittorrent (6881-6900 or something) have been blacklisted by many ISPs, basically they've gotten wise to people wasting a lot of bandwidth (especailly as BT uses your upload and download bandwidth) So they've taken measures to stop you using those ports. So you should use other ports (anything above 6900 is fine for the time being)

I dont think thats your problem here though, you definatley just need the new clinet. Having said that i would recommend changing ports aswell as sooner or later you will probably find the connection speed on the original ports gets limited by your ISP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom