• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach DS: The Blade of Fate - Dec 2 TOURNAMENT + general matchmaking thread

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Hey there. Seeing as how this forum has more than its fair share of Treasure fanboys I figure there's at least a few of you out there who own this game and would be interested in a little competition, so I'm posting some information on a tournament I'm coordinating for this game. Also feel free to use this thread for general matchmaking and versus, as I don't think there are any others up at the moment. I'm usually up for some games most evenings, especially now that I'm on Thanksgiving break. You can find me and other regular players in IRC (#bleach_ds on irc.rizon.net).

Anyway, here's the tournament info:

Date: Saturday, December 1st
Time: 4PM to 7PM EST
Format: round robin, individual competition (1 vs 1)

All characters permitted. Must use same character for every match.
Manual and Auto control methods permitted.
No spirit cards.
No handicap.
No time limit for each match.

We'll be playing in a round robin tournament, which means that all players must fight against everyone else, and the winner will be decided by who wins the most individual match-ups. (There will be a scoring system in place to break ties if necessary.)

The tournament will begin at 4PM Eastern time. All participants will be expected to stick around for at least 3 hours to complete their matches. It's possible that we'll be able to finish the tournament earlier than that, but if you can't dedicate 3 hours to play, then don't sign up.

Since the tournament is in round robin format, it doesn't matter what order you play your matches. If you're available to play early, you can get some matches out of the way before 4PM.

Any players who arrive late will still be allowed to participate, but if you can't get in all of your matches before 7PM EST then you might not be able to finish the tournament and will be left out of the final rankings.

The tournament will be conducted in the semi-official Bleach DS IRC channel: #bleach_ds on irc.rizon.net. You will be expected to log on to the IRC channel for the duration of the tournament and to PM me the results of all of your matches. For those who don't have an IRC client, mIRC is a fairly popular Windows client, and IRC @ work is a good web-based version for those who don't want to download any software. Enter irc.rizon.net for the server name and #bleach_ds for the channel name.

If you're interested in participating, please leave the following info, like so:

DS name: 645
Character: Yoruichi (can be changed around until the tournament begins)
Friend Code: 442494531004

Top Bottom