• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blinding Ads

Celcius

°Temp. member
I didn't see a thread for site suggestions so decided to just make a new thread for this.

Dark mode on the site is great and I use it all the time. However, the ad pop up bar on both desktop and mobile both completely ignores dark mode. When a big bright white ad flashes on the page every time you click onto a new page then it can get annoying being flash banged over and over again. For example:

m3ZLTjd.jpeg

flashbang-flash.gif

I understand that the site needs to show ads to make money and keep the site going (unless you pay for gaf gold) but would it be possible to get the ad pop up bar to follow the color scheme choice of users? I know advertisers likely pick the content of the ad but I'm just talking about the bar itself.

If it's not feasible then no problem but just wanted to ask and also see what others thought as well.

Last edited:
Ads are not served by GAF and GAF has no control over whether they are black or white

Am I still allowed to say the words 'black' and 'white' when referring to colors in 2024?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I got logged out earlier

N4fWq82.png

Somehow I didn't mind...

Top Bottom