• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzard - the kings of innovation!!

Gattsu25 said:
Just think:

1) World of Warcraft
2) Bittorrent for EVERY update and download
3) ???
4) PROFIT!!!

discuss

"Nothing bad will be said about Blizzard in my presence." - Tierren, Lvl 17 NE Hunter

Gattsu25

Banned
FUCKING HELL!!

8K/sec downloading the patch >_<

fuck you, blizzard*

*after the beta is over

edit: funny...right after I post this my download speed jumps up to 157K/sec :eek:
edit 2: and now it's at 0k/sec >_< that *normal* non-BT download speed was short lived =\

Korranator

Bit torrent fucking sucks. I'd had a whopping 20-40k download speed on a cable connection, a 2.4 gig file took 22hours (no lie), and they want us to pay for this shit after beta?!?!?

FUCK YOU!!

I was very pissed about the Blizzard downloader during the beta when they had us downloading 600mb-2.5gb, but it won't be so bad at retail when we'll mostly be seeing 20mbish patch downloads. They are going to have large updates (i.e. new zones) download in the background, while playing, over a period of two to three weeks when the game goes live. I can live with it.

Joeholley

Yes, you should bear in mind that the game comes on disks. You won't be downloading 2.6 gigs of data when you're playing, just smallish patches.

Also, you should not be uploading significantly faster than you are downloading on average unless you have a firewall or router blocking incoming connections; that will make it so you're giving out all kinds of data but hardly receiving any. Be sure you've gone through all the steps on the Blizzard troubleshooting page if you're having speed issues.

http://www.blizzard.com/support/wow/?id=aww0817p

SyNapSe

Yeah, this is ridiculous. Beyond it just taking forever they seem to have no problem choking my bandwidth off by taking my upstream to the absolute max.

Yes, I've uploaded more than I've D/l'ed at this point. Just 4 more hours or so at this rate (hopefully it holds)

I want to try a Hunter and a Shaman! :)

Culex

Banned
I had a terrible experience starting out as a newbie today. The server was abhorrently slow and everyone was just bitching about it, dancing (literally) around the church.

Culex said:
I had a terrible experience starting out as a newbie today. The server was abhorrently slow and everyone was just bitching about it, dancing (literally) around the church.

No one should expect a good Open Beta experience. The servers are getting hammered by everyone and their dogs... Which is the point of OB.

Mashing

I'd just like to pimp how good Guild War's streaming downloading works... there was a shitload of people playing during the world preview event and it was downloading just fine, after an initial download when first running the game.

Culex

Banned
I went to claim my reward for the first quest about the innkeeper and the game proceeded to crash :(

I cried.

Malakhov

Banned
Phoenix said:
Sounds more like the game is alpha state...
Hahaha, the game is far from alpha state, SOE would of launched it months ago.

Everyone and their brother are hammering the websites and the servers, it's totally normal. I'm not getting any lag on server 2 though.

SKluck

Banned
Fuck Blizz. I don't have a problem with the BT shit. But no throttle? Fuck them. My upload maxes out and KILLS my download.

Fuck you Blizzard. My download hasn't gone over 30kb/s (most of the time at like 15kb/s) while my upload is a constant 30kb/s.

I have a 3mbps connection, it should not take 48 hours to get 2.5 gigs.

Top Bottom