• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BloodRayne Cast Announced

BuddyC

http://www.gamedaily.com/general/article/?id=7395&game_id=2497&source=00001

Michelle Rodriguez, Matt Davis and Michael Madsen have each been cast in the new film, BloodRayne, based on the popular video game of the same name, joining the previously announced Sir Ben Kingsley and "Terminator 3" star Kristanna Loken. BloodRayne is written by Guinevere Turner ("American Psycho") and will be directed by Uwe Boll. Shawn Williamson of Vancouver-based Brightlight Pictures and Dan Clarke are the producers.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'm dying to see this movie

stupid1.gif

man-woman bulldog face latino michelle rodriguez is ruining too many movies with her ball swagger

booo

* wario is that blade trinity?

No that's Uwe Bolls next epic movie, Alone in the Dark. Yes it's based on the game, no it doesn't seem to have anything to actually do with the game other than the name.

ArcadeStickMonk said:
Not who I would have picked to play Rayne

They basically had 4 choices for who they wanted to play her, Loken, Jessica Biel, Jessica Alba, or Keira Knightley. Alba or Beil would've been best from that list.

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
SKluck said:
I think she is probably the best choice actually. You want a white chick that can look european.

Yes, as opposed to those hordes of Asian and African looking white chicks.

epmode

how the fuck does that guy continue to get work? is there some kind of collective insanity? i mean, bloodrayne was developed by a western company, so it's not like we can blame it on a clueless localization department.

epmode said:
how the fuck does that guy continue to get work? is there some kind of collective insanity? i mean, bloodrayne was developed by a western company, so it's not like we can blame it on a clueless localization department.

I really don't know how this guy got this license. Especially after it was announced that it has a budget of 40million dollars. Do you really want to risk that kind of a budget with a guy that really believes HoTD was a good movie?

Rhage

And this illustrates nicely how f'd up hollywood is sometimes. How does any sane person make the decision to greenlight Uwe Boll at this point?

Rhage said:
And this illustrates nicely how f'd up hollywood is sometimes. How does any sane person make the decision to greenlight Uwe Boll at this point?

Same reason Paul Anderson keeps getting work, he does shit cheap, on or below budget and fast. Plus he probably doesn't fight the studio. Witness the PG-13 rating on AVP. Anderson didn't even fight when the studio made him do cuts to get the rating.

Why, did you think talent accounts for something in Hollywood?

Maybe they got the director because they wanted to make a comedy...

Can't wait to see what his next big action scene is going to be. We got that scene from HotD that had like 10,000 cuts within it, AitD looks to have a great scene featuring a bunch of people shooting in the dark, so I wonder what he's cooking up for BloodRayne.

Pimpbaa

SolidSnakex said:
They basically had 4 choices for who they wanted to play her, Loken, Jessica Biel, Jessica Alba, or Keira Knightley. Alba or Beil would've been best from that list.

No I think Loken was the best choice. She had red hair in that mortal kombat tv show, she looked quite a bit like Rayne.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Oni Link 666 said:
Isn't she Hispanic though? Thus the last name, Rodriguez.
He's talking about Loken... because, you know, she's the one cast as BloodRayne (is that the character name? I have no idea).

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
bloodrayne is a fitting liscense for a shitty director like uwe boll.

i cant wait to see michelle rodriguez's career crash and burn though.

Top Bottom