• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

codhand

Game is great, better in every way and exactly what I wanted, don't think I will ever finish General Knoxx or start Claptrap Revolution.

kai3345

Banned
Check the last couple of pages in the borderlands 2 PC performance thread. I think I saw one in there.

Sometimes sounds are super loud. Other times they are quiet. I can't ever hear people talking to me on the echo communicator during battle because they don't lower the game volume enough. If I tamper with it, other sounds during normal non battle become too loud/quiet. Is this what you meant? I'm not getting any distortion or anything.

I'm getting tons of distortion/skipping in the dialog

Nekrono

Playing Gunzerker and when I dual wield the sound kinda goes a bit lower, the guns sound lower, playing on PC.

Anyone have that happen as well?

iNvid02

Looks like the game just missed the 100k concurrent mark on Steam. It could still hit it tonight but usually by now the number counts start going down. It's less than 1200 away right now and capped out at 99,600.

half the world doesn't get it til Friday, it's gonna sail past 100k

Dead

well not really...yet
Wow, I figured the free Mechromancer DLC thingy was basically an online pass included in the game, so I didn't preorder the game. Bought it today and nothing inside.

orz

char0n

Wow this is definitely harder than BL1 and throws you right in. Went from competently beating everything to getting utterly destroyed by the first boss(es) in what felt like less than 20 minutes. Will join the GAF Steam group and be up for some multi starting tomorrow, only at level 8 with Zer0 and just got to Sanctuary.

Razek

Banned
So, I think I've come up with a very, very, cool sniper combo with Salvador's skill tree.
If you don't care about some MINOR EQUIPMENT SPOILERS:

+5 Quick Draw: 10% critical damage.
+5 All I need is one: 40% damage for 1 bullet after you swap weapons.
+5 Money shot: 400% damage for the last round in your magazine.
+5 Lay waster: 25% critical damage after killing an enemy for 10 seconds.
+5 Piping Hot: 25% damage boost.
+1 No kill like overkill: All excess damage from last kill goes to your next shot as base damage.
-Amplify Shield: Adds ~150+ various base damage to one bullet when shield is fully charged.
-Accurate, big damage sniper with the 120% critical boost ability.
-Heavy tank class mod: 25% damage boost.

Remember, all base damage gets multiplied by those massive percentage bonuses:
1. Shoot off your clip until you have 2 bullets.
2. Critical kill an enemy with 1 bullet.
3. Switch gun, switch back.
4. Let shield recharge.
5. Fire last bullet as a critical hit.
6. Ungodly massive damage!

I'd like to point out that without any of these abilities, my sniper goes from 150 damage to 750 when it's a critical hit. With just 1 level of money shot (80%) I went to 1200 in a test shot. Using the shields ability to add 150 base damage, I went to 2500 damage! (All tested on the same enemy near a spawn point)

I'd also like to say that just like Piccolos SBC, this is not practical in a real fight haha.

Anyone still waiting on a "Shit" code for a golden key? Its kind of pissing me off so many got one and I did not and I'm guessing its because their shitty server would not even let me confirm my account earlier.

its not supposed to give you a code, it just adds a golden key. it should tell show this in that menu under my offers

shift-key-1ubl0l.png

venom2124

I haven't been following this thread but tell me someone else heard a shotgun midget say "I'm the one who knocks." I'm cracking up right now. Such a good game.

I was told by the guy at GameStoop that they had exclusivity on the season pass and it wasn't on XBLA... go home and see the season pass on XBLA for 2400 points.
KuGsj.gif

I hope in future games GBX learns how to create a quality save system. They improved so much from Borderlands 1 to 2, but unfortunately not the saves. It sucks that you're pretty much forced to play on and on when you don't want to anymore just so that you don't get ****ed over by the save mechanic. It wouldnt be a problem if the quests didn't just go on and on and on without a mid-point save.

Also not sure why, but sometimes money doesn't auto-pickup. Also, why would you make users choose to pickup money and ammo from a box? Just give it to us when we open it. There's nothing beneficial to not taking every bit of money and ammo possible. I don't get that design decision either.

Enough of the complaints though, one of my favorite things is back - the hourly deals in the vending machines. Got a great pistol that I've been using for a couple levels now.

I also died when I went into a gun vending machine and Marcus said:
"CATCH-A-GUUUUUUUUN....I'm never saying that again."

I haven't been following this thread but tell me someone else heard a shotgun midget say "I'm the one who knocks." I'm cracking up right now. Such a good game.

I heard that today too. Smiled on the inside.

So many funny lines from them. "look into my eyes...when I look into your eyes"

Dang, I hope they fix the connection issues soon. I can join random games but my friend and I can't join each other's games. Just keep getting connection timeouts.

Oh well, I guess I'll just try again tomorrow.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I just realized that I accidently used Gold Key..... I think Gold Chest should have pop up message where would ask you, "are you sure to use the key or not?"

Edited: For anyone who want to know, I got two purple grenades and two purple shield.

HoosTrax

Wow this is definitely harder than BL1 and throws you right in. Went from competently beating everything to getting utterly destroyed by the first boss(es) in what felt like less than 20 minutes. Will join the GAF Steam group and be up for some multi starting tomorrow, only at level 8 with Zer0 and just got to Sanctuary.
Hmm, I don't know about that. I've played up to Sanctuary and I haven't run into anything as hard as the elemental Alpha skags, especially Marley and Moe.
Boom and Bewm were a cakewalk in comparison. Those skags on the other hand were always up in your face and staggering you with melee

Zzoram

Game is great so far. My favorite FPS for sure.

This game is ridiculously optimized and looks excellent.

1680x1050
everything maxed out/on but PhysX only on Medium and vsync off
22 to 62 fps smoothing option

E8400 @ 3.2GHz and HD4870 512MB, 4GB DDR2 RAM

Runs great so far in the tutorial area with my 3 year old PC.

I just realized that I accidently used Gold Key..... I think Gold Chest should have pop up message where would ask you, "are you sure to use the key or not?"

Edited: For anyone who want to know, I got two purple grenades and two purple shield.

LOL. i got 2 purple grenades too LOL. so shitty.

bonesquad

Man I suck. I can't beat this stupid level 7 boss. He's knocked me off the tower like three times now. I have no idea how. Then I run out of ammo. Then I burn to death:( I hate fire in this game.

Teknoman

The only thing I dont like (which is a personal thing, not necessarily a problem with the game) is that with a full party, I never know whether to just grab whats in front of me and ask if anyone needs anything later, and everytime we start accepting quests, the log gets bogged down.

Man I suck. I can't beat this stupid level 7 boss. He's knocked me off the tower like three times now. I have no idea how. Then I run out of ammo. Then I burn to death:( I hate fire in this game.

which guy is that? lol. that's not
Flynt
is it? when you have a sabre turret and a exploding grenade pistol everything is better.

HoosTrax

We're talking about
BaronCaptain Flynt
right?

Are you underlevel? - Do some sidequests.
Are you using fire elemental against him? - Don't. He's immune to the afterburn.
Are you utilizing your class skill? You should have gotten it by now. From personal experience, he's not immune to Phaselock.

Ugh, accidentally used my golden key, immediately realized my error as I had just discovered purple guns, alt+f4'd out, reloaded, and both the key and weapons are gone. :(
Lame. There really should be a prompt; I had no fucking idea there was anything special about the damn chest.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Ugh, accidentally used my golden key, immediately realized my error as I had just discovered purple guns, alt+f4'd out, reloaded, and both the key and weapons are gone. :(
Lame. There really should be a prompt; I had no fucking idea there was anything special about the damn chest.

Exactly, that's what I would like to see.

We're talking about
BaronCaptain Flynt
right?

Are you underlevel? - Do some sidequests.
Are you using fire elemental against him? - Don't. He's immune to the afterburn.
Are you utilizing your class skill? You should have gotten it by now. From personal experience, he's not immune to Phaselock.

That's how I got him. Phaselock plus lots of sniper shots in the head while he's suspended in the air. Then I spent the rest of the time killing all the adds until I could lock him again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom