• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I was playing with some friends today, and apparently I've had a legendary orange gun since the beginning of the game and didn't even know. I've been using it, and I knew it was good, but I didn't know it was something fancy and rare.

Teknoman

All my friends games are full.

jJJ3cUlPbOrPK.jpg

HoosTrax

Someone was asking earlier how to mark items in your inventory as trash -- you mouse-over the right hand side of the item's thumbnail picture in your inventory until a red X appears.

Kunan

Physx makes the siren really feel powerful lol. Grab people and watch as a vortex of debris flows around them. Unless I'm mistaken and that happens anyways.

cackhyena

I never played Borderlands much, so this is pretty fresh for me. Digging it. Starting to wonder if I shouldn't have picked Siren or turret guy over Zero, though. Thought he'd be my jam, but he's only alright so far. *shrugs*

Lenz44

Banned
Traded in some games and brought the price of Borderlands 2 down to $17. Also got my copy of The Killers' new album- so I am ready for tonight!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Well I just accidentally used my golden vault key as soon as I walked by the chest. Oh well...

Me too...GAFers Jason and Splinter made fun of me then splinter accidentally used his right after lol

Trying to figure out a build for the Assassin that is good :/

I never played Borderlands much, so this is pretty fresh for me. Digging it. Starting to wonder if I shouldn't have picked Siren or turret guy over Zero, though. Thought he'd be my jam, but he's only alright so far. *shrugs*

This is me too. I didn't play the first and I'm loving this one. I also picked zer0 in hopes of doing a melee build but I don't think it's going to be possible for my play style. I might have to start over.

bonesquad

which guy is that? lol. that's not
Flynt
is it? when you have a sabre turret and a exploding grenade pistol everything is better.

Yeah, that is who it was:( I had no such pistol, but after my 5th death (!) I noticed the ammo machine. Filled up, which helped a lot since I beat him without too much troubles (ok, I went down once but got a last stand kill:) Yeah, yeah...

Kyou

awww

I spent literally tens of minutes fudging the QR code in this game until it would work and got the phrase "NICK WILSON HO OH", but it turns out that's what the code in the first game was too =\

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I just fast traveled from on top of the dam during A Dam Fine Rescue, and now I can't figure out how to get back. The closest fast travel spot I can get to is the Bloodshot Stronghold. :-(

Explosives in general seem like they really got a buff compared to the first game. I don't know know if its the damage or the range of the explosion but they definitely feel much more effective.

foladar

The fast travel system is the only fast travel in the game, right? Like if I'm out after finishing a quest, I have to run to the nearest fast travel system? Just making sure I'm not missing something.

HoosTrax

The fast travel system is the only fast travel in the game, right? Like if I'm out after finishing a quest, I have to run to the nearest fast travel system? Just making sure I'm not missing something.
I usually just quit to the main menu and load back up to avoid having to walk back to the nearest node. You spawn back at the nearest fast travel node after reloading, instead of exactly where you left off, but keep all progression. Some people apparently hate this save mechanic, but I find it very handy when used to your advantage.

There are vehicles in this game just like in the first game.

Correct. And if you're in the middle of a mission and you have to stop, when you start the game again you'll be back at the fast travel location and be forced to traverse through the entire mission area again, with all enemies (including mid-bosses/bosses) respawned and waiting for you.

Zzoram

Correct. And if you're in the middle of a mission and you have to stop, when you start the game again you'll be back at the fast travel location and be forced to traverse through the entire mission area again, with all enemies (including mid-bosses/bosses) respawned and waiting for you.

Sounds good, that's how loot RPGs should always work.

HoosTrax

Sounds good, that's how loot RPGs should always work.
I think a major reason for why the save mechanic in BL works the way it does is to keep the game from degenerating into [save in front of big red/white chest], [reload if you don't like the contents], [repeat].

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Anyone been in
Southpaw Steam & Power Plant
? There's a gated door with some loot behind it that I cannot figure out how to access for the life of me. :|

Erekiddo

I sincerely apologize if this has been asked before (or to death), but was the order from Amazon supposed to be the game with some sort of preorder bonus insert? Or are they going to email us.

Anyone received an email yet if it's via that method?

Naite

Man, the Bright Lights, Flying City mission sure is frustrating as solo.
Constantly running out of ammo with no where to resupply, dying and failing to get a second wind at the last second to wind up sitting through the long respawn animation, while Angel is yelling at you to repair/protect the beacon makes me scared at how this will be on the second playthrough.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Haha holy shit when Zero uses his deception ability and says
"You just activated my trap card".

Are you alone? Cause I had problems with him too.

Find cover, take out the shield drones immediately and other additional enemies when you can, and just keep hammering him. His shield is the hardest part about him.

His shield is so overpowered. I just have not been able to find a good shock weapon.

I preordered this at Gamestop, but I didn't get a chance to get there today-and probally won't for a few days-if I get this as a Digital Download on PSN-what do I lose out on from my "pre-order" bonus?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Huh, it's weird seeing my
username
in the game. Even though it's just a random word that borders between niche (or stupid :p) and neat sounding. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom